House of Payne: Are Friday’s the Last Episodes? [spoiler]

House of Payne last episodeIn one of last Friday’s episodes of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, titled “God Bless the Paynes,” Calvin (Lance Gross) was shot by the man who’d earlier harassed Miranda (Keshia Knight Pulliam). He’s rushed to the hospital but his fate is unknown.

We’ve received a few emails from readers who believe that next week’s episodes will be the end of the series and the death of Calvin. While House of Payne has been “cancelled,” there are a lot more episodes still to come.

In April 2011, TBS announced that they were ending the venerable sitcom, in part to make way for Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse. At that time, we understood the final episode total for House of Payne to be 220 installments.

In late September, Perry posted on his Facebook page that TBS had ordered 42 more episodes. In December, the cast and crew had a wrap party that celebrated the completion of 254 episodes. It’s unclear if they’ll be going back into production now that the holidays are over but, based on the numbers we have, it seems like they still have at least eight more installments to make.

In the meantime, we do know that this Friday’s episodes of House of Payne aren’t the last. Two new episodes will air each Friday night for the next six weeks. Episodes 223 and 224 will air on February 17th and that will leave about 30 episodes left in the series.

In the meantime, you should know that Calvin does not die from his gunshot wounds. He lives and, at least in the next couple episodes, has to worry about paying his hospital bills because he doesn’t have insurance.

What do you think? Are you a fan of House of Payne? Are you glad to know there are more episodes on the way?

Leah Spencer February 8, 2013 at 7:22 pm

The show us life changing. Its like counseling for hundreds of family issues for any she or any race. Surely tens of thousands or more people have been touched in a way that made a difference in their lives. This world needs house of Payne…as many episodes as humanly possible.

BRENDA GRESHAM January 11, 2013 at 8:19 am

I RATHER HAVE HOUSE OF PAINE .THE WHOLE CAST IS FUNNY AND HALARIOUS. I LOOK FOWARD TO WATCHING TYLER PERRY HOUSE OF PAINE .WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE HEAD.WE JUST LOVE YOU ALL. PLEASE STAY ON.

juan December 8, 2012 at 10:31 am

hey guys for what is worth i feal that for better or for worse is not as funny its ok but aint nothing like my man curtis payne look tylor perry i think you should bring back house i did not want to see the show it is my best show ever the ending should not have ended that way at least try to have a house of payne reunoion please thank you

marki November 30, 2012 at 1:46 am

I am so sad that the Paynes an Browns are gone I watch their repeats constantly, I miss them I waited every Friday . I just wish that Tyler would give this some more thought. Please!

Anonymous November 23, 2012 at 12:44 am

Please don’t take House of Payne off……I really enjoy watching it. They cover so many real life issues. Please bring it back. The cast is “GREAT”. I really love Curtis and Ella. Like I said the entire cast is “GREAT”.

Anonymous November 16, 2012 at 11:22 pm

My husband and I have every single season and we watch it over and over it is by far the best sitcom out there! Keep going Tyler!! We love you!

dante November 5, 2012 at 10:32 pm

They should come back with the show because it ended all bad when maranda says she’s leaving Calvin.

Katrena October 26, 2012 at 6:32 pm

BRING BACK HOUSE OF PAYNE PLEASE TYLER PERRY THAT’S THE BESTSHOW EVER THE BROWN TO I LIVE IN MILWAUKEE AND WATCH THEM SHOWS EVERY DAY ON TBS AND WMLW COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”LOL”.

Katrena October 26, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Please bring house of payne back I love all of them I miss them and I love u tyler perry I’m a big fan of urs.

Mary October 21, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I totally agree that the House Of Paynes should not be cancelled. There are other producers out there in the production field that are just jelous of the success of Tyler Perry. So Tyler continue on until God says stop. Not these haters of success.

Laneesa Grant October 12, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I agree with all the other comments, I love all of Tyler Perry’s work but my favorite is House of Payne, Uncle Curtis is the best. Whenever I’m down all I have to is turn on House of Payne. Please! Please! Please! Please ! bring back uncle Curtis, Ella an nem (he-he). Love you Tyler Perry.

Toni September 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I Love house of Payne that is the best show out of all of the others I can’t believe thay are canceling it.. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VICTORIA September 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW . CURTIS PAYNE ,ELLA , JASMINE AND MALIK ARE MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS. I LOOK FORWARD TO SHOW. I LOVE THE RERUNS ON REGULAR TV. MR. TYLER PERRY IS ONE OF THE TALENTED PEOPLE THAT I KNOW. YOU CAN ‘T TALK ABOUT HIM IN A NEGATIVE WAY. HE GIVES A LOT OF OUR BLACK PEOPLE JOBS. SOME OF THEM WOULD BE UNEMPLOYED. I LOVE MR. TYLER PERRY

Jeri September 26, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I can’t tell you how many times I have laughed OUT LOUD at the antics of Curtis and Calvin; what interaction but in such an hilarious way. The ups and downs of that family were NOT unrealistic; in fact I’m sure many people could identify with the situations presented to the viewers.

I’m going to miss the show terribly. Between House of Payne and Meet The Browns, I’ve had many nights of good, hard chuckles and burning tears.

Thank you, Tyler Perry, for fabulous entertainment.

Charlotte Walker September 22, 2012 at 10:14 am

OH No , this is one of my favorite shows. Im sorry but I don’t like for better of worse as much. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ bring back the Paynes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous September 15, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I hate to see a great sitcom canceled hopes its picked up by another network

jp mobile ala