House of Payne: Are Friday’s the Last Episodes? [spoiler]

House of Payne last episodeIn one of last Friday’s episodes of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, titled “God Bless the Paynes,” Calvin (Lance Gross) was shot by the man who’d earlier harassed Miranda (Keshia Knight Pulliam). He’s rushed to the hospital but his fate is unknown.

We’ve received a few emails from readers who believe that next week’s episodes will be the end of the series and the death of Calvin. While House of Payne has been “cancelled,” there are a lot more episodes still to come.

In April 2011, TBS announced that they were ending the venerable sitcom, in part to make way for Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse. At that time, we understood the final episode total for House of Payne to be 220 installments.

In late September, Perry posted on his Facebook page that TBS had ordered 42 more episodes. In December, the cast and crew had a wrap party that celebrated the completion of 254 episodes. It’s unclear if they’ll be going back into production now that the holidays are over but, based on the numbers we have, it seems like they still have at least eight more installments to make.

In the meantime, we do know that this Friday’s episodes of House of Payne aren’t the last. Two new episodes will air each Friday night for the next six weeks. Episodes 223 and 224 will air on February 17th and that will leave about 30 episodes left in the series.

In the meantime, you should know that Calvin does not die from his gunshot wounds. He lives and, at least in the next couple episodes, has to worry about paying his hospital bills because he doesn’t have insurance.

What do you think? Are you a fan of House of Payne? Are you glad to know there are more episodes on the way?

Canceled and renewed TV show

373 Comments on "House of Payne: Are Friday’s the Last Episodes? [spoiler]"

Notify of

Yvonne Williams
Yvonne Williams
January 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Pleeeeeeeeeease keep the house of Payne on.

Valerie
Valerie
January 26, 2012 1:01 am

How do we start a campaign to keep The House of Payne on the air…in the same manner as the fans of The Game?

Tina
Tina
January 25, 2012 8:12 pm

PLEASE KEEP “HOUSE OF PAYNE” ON, IT’S FUNNY, POSITIVE AND REFRESHING TO WATCH.

Cheryl
Cheryl
January 25, 2012 5:52 am

Cancel for better or worse but not house of Payne,.

Zanetta
Zanetta
January 24, 2012 8:59 pm

I find the show to be very funny and Curtis is hilarious. Please don’t cancel the show.

Bradley Bonner
Bradley Bonner
January 24, 2012 2:20 pm
I love watching House of Payne. One thing I truly must commend Tyler Perry for is no matter what comes up in the episodes, Ella always put God our Father in the situation. The show really show how we are suppose to respond to situations in our lives. It shows how God wants us to respond to tough times in our lives. Ella shows us an example of how we should behave as christian and we can lose control when times get tough. She always calms down, repent and get things right. Thank you Tyler Perry for letting God use… Read more »
Mildred Jones
Mildred Jones
January 24, 2012 12:32 pm

I willl be very sad if they take off House of Payne. My husband and i look forward to comeing home on Friday to watch the show. May god bless the whole crew. I am really proud that we have a black family show that we can sit back and say this is enjoyable. Please try hard to keep the The House Of Payne going.

Millie

Ps. I love all the plays too!!!

Kimberly Condell
January 23, 2012 6:55 pm
Tyler,Tyler,Mr. Perry. May God continue to bless you in all your success however Please rethink this house of payne is a wonderful show and I love watching it! re-runs and the new shows also I did try watching the for better or worst but it to confrontational for me. At least with house of paynes the characters or very real and very well loved. Please Tyler rethink your choices. I mean yes i get that TBS let the show go but there are other networks! and you are Tyler Perry the golden touch man! Priceless….. To the actors of house… Read more »
iam os glad.because that is the best show out.
Reader

i love your show.and if you leave it wont be the same.

k
k
January 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I love house if payne they need to stay onTV. I love Lance and Keisha together. only wish they were toegether for real.

jamie
jamie
January 23, 2012 10:22 am

This is my favorite show and don’t want it to end I love it

janelle
janelle
January 23, 2012 8:50 am

I watch house of payne everyday its my favorite out of all the tyler perry shows wish they would keep them going…..

Debra Carter
Debra Carter
January 23, 2012 8:10 am
I love House of Payne,I either watch it on tv or watch it on computer evrytime,I have all the series thats out on DVD’s and can’t wait to buy more….I look forward to watching this show,it’s one of the best show’s I watch..love the Payne family and so glad calvin isn’t going to die….His other Show’s I love and have DVD’s on is Meet The brown’s and Madea…god you have to love that woman lol…….But please don’t cancel House of Payne,we all love it so much and it deal’s with all thing’s that we go thru in life..that’s the stuff… Read more »
TP#1Fan
TP#1Fan
January 23, 2012 6:58 am

I absolutely LOVE House of Payne more than any of his other shows. If we can keep The Game airing surely we can keep this one going too!

TONI HODGE
TONI HODGE
January 22, 2012 8:55 pm

I am happy that the house of payne is not being cancelled we need more positive pictures for this generation instead of killing and rapping.

1 17 18 19 20 21 24