Tyler Perry’s House of Payne: Should the TV Series End?

House of Payne series finaleAfter 254 episodes and eight seasons, this evening marks the end of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne TV series on TBS.

In April 2011, the cable channel announced that they were ending the venerable sitcom, in part to make way for Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse. At that time, we understood the final episode total for House of Payne to be 220 installments.

In late September 2011, Perry posted on his Facebook page that TBS had ordered even more episodes. In December, the cast and crew had a wrap party that celebrated the completion of 254 episodes. We now know that was the last.

The series finale of House of Payne is called “All’s Well” and it caps off a very successful run. In fact, it’s the longest-running sitcom with a predominently African-American cast — surpassing The Cosby Show (201 episodes), Family Matters (215 installments), and The Jeffersons (253 episodes).

Still, it can be hard to say goodbye, even after a very long run. What do you think? Are you sorry to see House of Payne go? Should TBS have ended it? What will you miss?

Tawanna Williams September 10, 2012 at 10:24 am

Tyler please bring House of Payne back for more episodes. I’ve watched the show since it first aired in 2007. I am so sad because it ended. The last episode left us hanging when Miranda walked out on Calvin. Curtis is so crazy he and Floyd both, that really had me laughing every Friday night.

Maya September 8, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Please bring back this show, I’ve been an avid watcher from the very beginning. I love it! I’ve been waiting for the past couple of weeks I didn’t know if the last episode where Miranda asked for a divorce was the season finale or if the finale was coming on 2 weeks later. I had no idea that was suppose to be the last show :(

Sheila Hayden September 7, 2012 at 11:54 am

Watching House of Payne is part of my Friday night wind down ritual. What am I to do now? We need to know what is going to happen to Calvin and Miranda, plus there are so many other story lines that need to be touched on. I hope that something will be done to revive the show.

Kenisha September 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

My husband and I love the show.. please do not end it..

Miss Wendy September 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Tyler I loved the show. It hit things not only African-Americans faced but American. I am a lot older and have seen things you wouldnt believe. I think the way Ella based it upon God is real. People do believe God and He is a way maker and bad things keep happening because that is reality. I wanted the show to go on. Tyler to end the show do a movie. I will go. I mean do a real finale in a movie.

Kathy September 6, 2012 at 10:58 am

I LOVED THIS SHOW! IM SOOOOO GONNA MISS CURTIS BEING A WISE ASS !!
BRING IT BACK PLEASEEEEEEE!

LaDonna Hall September 2, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I love this show and I feel that it should go on. There are not a lot of black shows on that gives young blacks hope for the future. This show deals with everyday struggles it shows the good as well as the bad. Tyler Perry has done a wonderful job with all his shows because of the real life situations, his shows show a lot of emotions it dosen’t just deal with comedy which is what you see now on television. Please rethink this decision because this is a great show let’s keep this and cut some of the reality shows.

JD September 1, 2012 at 11:13 pm

One of my favorite shows. Keep it!

Jennifer September 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm

the house of PAIN should have ended after the first episode WTF was TBS thinking putting this HORRIBLE tv show on the air tyler perry is NOT FUNNY

angela August 29, 2012 at 8:20 am

Ok this is the gunter family my husband works hard and we hardly get to spend time as a family but he gets home when the show comes on my husband and our 5year old and 3 year old and I sit down and watch it. It gives us that time we sit there and enjoy the show sharing laughter. We just love the show please don’t cancle wed love to watch it for years wed love for it to continue we love all th characters and love hearing the problems and the happiness the family has. It makes us realize theres family that go through really bad problems just like us and anyother family that we can overcome them like the payne family does. They give inspirations…..

The Knox Family August 27, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I have never seen a finale end so sad. This family has had so much bad stuff. Come on Tyler, we need to see more and end on a good note. There are families that don’t have crack heads, shootings, and divorce. I love Curtis and Ella. Give us one more season.

The Knox Family August 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm

My son and daughter love the show. It is only show we watch as a family, with the exception of Dancing with the Stars. My son LOVES Curtis. TV needs Curtis. Please, please, please. The Knox Family loves the show. Curtis makes us laugh!!!!!!

kesha August 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I love the show…. bring it back.

FLORES August 26, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Well if that was the last one then that sucks that it ended like that i really hope they have another season

Lori August 26, 2012 at 9:34 am

Okay its over , well now you can take it to TVLand. Im sure they would love to have it in their line up. Tyler you can’t leave us hanging like this. Please, please come back if only to let us know what happen after everyone found out about Calvin and Miranda.

Casey August 26, 2012 at 8:33 am

I want it brought back! I loved that show!