Tyler Perry’s House of Payne: Should the TV Series End?

House of Payne series finaleAfter 254 episodes and eight seasons, this evening marks the end of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne TV series on TBS.

In April 2011, the cable channel announced that they were ending the venerable sitcom, in part to make way for Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse. At that time, we understood the final episode total for House of Payne to be 220 installments.

In late September 2011, Perry posted on his Facebook page that TBS had ordered even more episodes. In December, the cast and crew had a wrap party that celebrated the completion of 254 episodes. We now know that was the last.

The series finale of House of Payne is called “All’s Well” and it caps off a very successful run. In fact, it’s the longest-running sitcom with a predominently African-American cast — surpassing The Cosby Show (201 episodes), Family Matters (215 installments), and The Jeffersons (253 episodes).

Still, it can be hard to say goodbye, even after a very long run. What do you think? Are you sorry to see House of Payne go? Should TBS have ended it? What will you miss?

Canceled and renewed TV show

256 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. laura winchester says

I REALLY LOVE TO WATCH HOUSE OF PAYNE AND IT DOESN’T NEED TO GO OFF THE AIR! YOU AN’T FIND TV SERIES MORE REAL THAN THIS!!!!!

2. says

My question I don’t know if anybody remembers this but Bill Cosby had a crossover show called his family show called A Different World Maybe Tyler Perry should do that with the son Malik ,Like what happened to his friend Kevin, and the guy from New York or what his one time wife did he still get back to her after their annualment.Or what about the sister Jazmine what she do when she graduated the prep school and the twins how they do when they got older.

3. Christina tooke says

When will house of payne volume 11 will come out I have been waiting on it to come out it my favorite tv show

4. Charity says

Please bring back house of payne. Me and my 10yr old daughter have hace watched every single episode and its shown and taught her alot. Me and her father are not together and she thought she could get away with anything til house of payne. The show changed her for the better. This show needs to keep going because of how kids are growing up so fast now adays. I wish this show was out when i was growing up. Thank you for tyler perry making these shows. They are very positive and truthfull. We need this show in our lives, actually everyones life so please bring it back. Thank you.

5. says

I hope house of payne come back, we need more family shows that deal with things that is morally right, so tyler bring it back on the own channel, and hathorn shows also.Praise Jesus

6. Kim says

Tyler Perry please bring back House of Payne that was the best show on the network. I miss coming home on fridays to look at something that was positive and has a good message behind it. I am begging please bring it back!!!!!!!!!

7. Tammy says

I want house of Payne to come back on. I love tyler perry shows and his movies I buy all of his movies

8. qbrown says

Please bring back House of Payne. My family and I have enjoyed this show from the very beginning. It is one of the best shows on television about an african american family. We need more family shows like this one. Please bring this show back!!

9. Ayisha Carroll says

My family loved the House of Payne. We would like it back, our Friday nights are not the same without it. Please reconsider and bring it back!

10. Rosalie Rivera says

Please, Tyler Perry with all due respect. My family and I love the show House of Payne! We are just so sad because now that is off air, we don’t got too many options. That show was the Best because, it had drama, comedy, faith in God, comedy, and our everyday life situations. With a strong sence of Family Value. That’s why we Loved it. :-©