House: Will Season Eight Be the Last? Hugh Laurie says…

HouseEarlier this week, we reported that House had been renewed for an eighth season on FOX. The announcement came after weeks of negotiations between Universal Media (the TV series’ studio) and the network.

Reportedly, FOX wanted a discount on the per-episode licensing fee. House has declined in the ratings and FOX execs know that the show makes a boatload of cash for the studio in syndication. A new deal was finally reached and the network will pay about $5 million per installment which is approximately the sum that FOX wanted to pay.

New contracts with some of the show’s co-stars also had to be worked out. Hugh Laurie has a three year contract but that will be up at the end of next season which means they’ll have to renegotiate with him if they want a ninth season. He’s apparently tired of spending 10 months a year away from his family and Laurie told the UK’s Radio Times, “The end of (the eighth) season, right now, looks like the end of the show… That is as far as they have got me for.”

Considering how long it took to iron out a financial deal for season eight, a ninth year doesn’t seem very probable. In addition, executive producer David Shore’s contract finishes this season. A new deal is being worked out and Deadline reports that it would see him “return and finish the series.”

What do you think? Will there be a season nine of House or will year eight be the end? Should it end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

81 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. House MD. says

I personally want to have a ninth season
    It only series I watch all
    Usually I do not watch TV but because of Hugh Laurie I stood up to the amount of hours to watch it as the next day have to get up early for school
    when I downloaded all the seasons I have not done more than to see I have not learned I did not sleep and so on
    but the only thing I want is Lisa Cuddy participate again
    because without it the eight season was not so interesting, why Hugh Laurie had no one to drive

2. Vishmika says

I Dont want House To be finished ever i love house forever.Please Dont end House in Season 8 Please , I <3 U HOUSE.I could watch it over and over again.

3. House forever says

Please, House is all I ever watched when I sick and it gave me strength to help me through a rough patch in my life, my mother, my father and I even my grandma watched it!!!! PLEASE PLEASE keep House on the air I love Lisa and Hugh bickering back and forth so funny please keep it going!!!!! Get rid of American idol crap nobody cares for that stupidness!!!

4. Aaron Clinton says

Awwww no please complete the show I would love to see what happened after the took of on down the road Wilson died on him in season 9 please make the ending please.

5. Anonymous says

The show definatley should not end for the loyal viewers because it’s personally the only series that makes a living out of my television. If we take Hugh Laurie’s spot though, it would be very different since he would prefer being with his family. Eventhough everything is based on financial circumstances, I would appreciate Hugh Laurie to make 100 more seasons, realistically.

• Aaron Clinton says

They would make that stupid American idle **** but no more house well that just plain out sucks balls I want to see the end come on please 9th season that’s all im saying please.