Human Target: Season Two Debut Delayed a Week

Human TargetAs you may have heard, Christopher Chance (Mark Valley) and his team are returning for a second season this fall on FOX. They’ll have their toughest fight yet as they try to survive on Friday nights, a little-watched night of television.

Human Target was supposed to return on September 24th but that’s now been delayed a week, until October 1st. Here’s the official press release…

HOT FROM FOX…
“HUMAN TARGET” LOCKS IN ON ITS SECOND SEASON PREMIERE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, ON FOX

Season Two of FOX’s hit series HUMAN TARGET will premiere Friday, Oct. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Picking up from the heart-pounding first season cliffhanger, Season Two of HUMAN TARGET kicks off with a bang as CHANCE (Mark Valley) and GUERRERO (Jackie Earle Haley) race to rescue their kidnapped associate, WINSTON (Chi McBride). Vowing to retire from the security business, Chance is lured back to work by billionaire philanthropist ILSA PUCCI (new series regular Indira Varma), who needs his protection after the mysterious murder of her husband. While on assignment, the team encounters AMES (new cast member Janet Montgomery), a beautiful, chameleon-like thief who has a past connection to Winston.

Based on the DC Comics comic book and graphic novel, HUMAN TARGET is a full-throttle action drama centered on a unique personal security expert hired to shield those in danger from an imminent threat that cannot be solved through normal means of protection. HUMAN TARGET is a production of Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Television. McG, Matthew Miller, Jonathan E. Steinberg, Brad Kern and Peter Johnson serve as executive producers.

As previously announced, the fall season of THE GOOD GUYS launches on its new day and time Friday, Sept. 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the return of the Human Target? Do you think the Friday timeslot will kill it?

hector September 8, 2010 at 10:32 am

i’m glad the show is coming back for a second season. but the friday time slot may be the killer.

James A. Stites August 21, 2010 at 9:58 am

Another great show that has all the right characters in place. Keep it coming as I never missed a show.
Godfrey, Il

Kathy August 13, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Look forward to the second season. Don’t really care when it is on; I’ll make time to watch it.

C.J. August 12, 2010 at 7:57 pm

It might be a good idea for this show, since it won’t have to compete with Smallville’s season premiere. And yeah, hopefully having this on Friday won’t kill it; since standards on Fridays are lower to start with, the show’s ratings could be a LITTLE BIT lower(not too much) and it would still survive. We’ll find out soon enough.

sjh August 12, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Love it and will watch any night it’s on! That’s how good it is.

VACI August 12, 2010 at 10:56 am

I am seeing a lot of this kind of lead: retooled, revamped Human Target…..Retooled, revamped,…what does that mean? This show was fresh and new. I watch a lot of tv. We don’t need to see more of the same. Please, please, please don’t ruin this show by trying to make it FIT in. Keep it fresh and new and DIFFERENT.

VACI August 11, 2010 at 7:49 pm

WE need Heros there are three on Human Target. Not children, just the right age and temperament. Reasonable set of values………..YAYYYYYY!!!!!! FOX!!!
I KNOW that the show works, I HOPE that Fridays work. If not show it twice a week. Rerun it like the cable channels. IT IS W E L L WORTH THE EFFORT AND SUPPORT. Really, it’s a GREAT show.

LINDA L. SMITH August 11, 2010 at 7:38 am

YES I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT HUMAN TARGET WILL BE BACK ON, AND NO I DON’T THINK THAT FRIDAY’S WILL HURT THE SHOW AT ALL. THERES NOT MUCH ON FRIDAYS ANYWAY….. THANKS

Joanne August 11, 2010 at 2:39 am

I love Human Target and will watch it no matter what night it is on.

I am glad Fox gave it another chance.

Krisser August 10, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Love the show. . .favorite of last season. I hate they feel the need to add females to the mix. I liked an all male cast. . .refreshing. Now we must face a different flavor and balance and the charm of 1st season is ruined. If it fails I doubt they’ll remember that they were the ones that mesed with it.!!

Susan August 10, 2010 at 8:28 am

I will watch it no matter what day it is on. I love this show!!!! I don’t know how I will like it with two new female cast members though! I liked the idea of just the three men! I wish the second season start wasn’t so far away.

Deanna August 10, 2010 at 9:14 am

I liked Human Target and will watch it. Thanks

Genise August 10, 2010 at 5:58 am

This is an excellent show, great cast, could be a better night, but most of us record it hopefully and watch at our leisure!!! Maybe it will do well on Friday night, I will watch it no matter where it is – it is one of my favorite shows, it is just as good if not better than 24 in the last few seasons, however; I watched 24 until the end and wanted more. I just wish it has more episodes of Human Target – I could watch it forever it is so good. However, I have found anything I love they manage to cancel and keep junk that is simply terrible.

RJ August 9, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Excellent show good cast, hopefully friday time slot wont kill it, could be worse could be saturday night.

Jeremy Rynek August 9, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Maybe it’ll do better on Fridays hopefully. I would really like this to be as successful as 24, or maybe even better. It was excellent and action packed. But really why push it back a week. I’m sorry but I don’t see the point. But I’m just glad it’s back. Although I think if 24 was still on then Human Target would be gone definetly.

Anthony August 9, 2010 at 3:29 pm

It was an enjoyable but uneven show. I’m glad they renewed it, but I hope it becomes more consistent in the second season.