Human Target: The Six Million Dollar Man Helps on Season (or Series) Finale!

IMAGEThey’ve really pulled out all the stops for the season finale of FOX’s Human Target. Of course, they have to since there’s no guarantee that the series will be back next season. But, even if you haven’t watched the series before, hearing that the Six Million Dollar Man himself, Lee Majors, will be a guest star, should have action fans tuning in to take a look.

Human Target premiered in January and stars Mark Valley as Christopher Chance. He’s a bodyguard of sorts, but instead of just throwing his body in front of his clients, he completely integrates himself into their lives, to become the target of whoever wants his clients dead. Winston and Guerrero (Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley) are his business associate and hired gun.

A few weeks ago on Human Target we were given a glimpse into Chance’s mysterious past and we discovered how he started working with Winston and Guerrero. Lennie James played his former partner, Baptiste, who is considered “the best assassin out there.” Valley admits, “I think he kicked my ass to be honest with you… I feel like the audience is rooting for Chance to kick his ass next time.”

Should Human Target get a second season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Next time? Yep, Baptiste is back, and Chance is going to get some help from Lee Majors, who plays his former mentor. The casting turned out to be a dream come true for Valley. He’s a big fan of Majors and said of working with the former star of The Six Million Dollar Man, “The little boy in me was tearing around the house, screaming at the top of his lungs… Inside I was like [mouth opened wide], Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” Majors could see that Valley was moved and got a chuckle out of it.

TV show supportValley wasn’t the only one with admiration for Majors. The more eloquent McBride, who worked with him previously on The Brothers Solomon, admires the veteran actor for his long history in the business, and said, “You get to hear him talk about television, and he’s been around for a long time, you know, from Big Valley to Six Million Dollar Man, and you’ve got so much stuff in between.”

McBride also admires Majors for having been married to Farrah Fawcett, along with his work acumen. “The guy was actually standing in for himself between setups and stuff like that… I wish more younger people especially would get an opportunity to work with people like that.”

As devoted fans know, Human Target has not been renewed for next season and it appears the network is still on the fence. The ratings have been okay for this season; not bad and not great. Considering the fact that FOX has cancelled 24, it seems likely that the network will take a chance (no pun intended) and bring it back next season. We’ll know for sure by mid-May.

What do you think? Should Human Target come back for a second season? If so, would you like to see Majors again?

Ron and Margaret Parsons February 13, 2011 at 2:42 pm

2-9-11 NOTE THIS IS CURRENT – voted on the survey on this site but it did not take.
WE DO NOT WANT THE SERIES TO END.

All the crap shows stay and the good ones are not renewed. That is what is wrong
with our morals that everyone talks about

john February 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Bring it back!! We love it and each of the characters is great.

Muarry Pazarian February 10, 2011 at 2:07 am

Human Target is one of the VERY few TV shows that my wife and I never miss. There is so little on TV these days that is of any quality that when show like this comes along with solid story, great actors, beautiful camera work and style, that I can’t wait to buy the boxed set.

birdnerd February 9, 2011 at 8:50 pm

We LOVE this show…….absolutely look forward to it every week. It would be a shame to see it cancelled!!

adam akshar February 8, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I implore fox to renew human target. this show is like an action movie with all the non action ripped out, leaving veiwers with the best forty minutes of white nuckle, macho, kicking as* and taking names later entertainment. nuf said.

Anonymous February 6, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Great show. Please bring it back.

MoniCat February 3, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I really enjoy Human Target and hope they continue to bring it back season after season. Great characters! Interaction between the characters is entertaining. It would be a mistake to end this series.

Anonymous February 3, 2011 at 8:03 am

I think the show is GREAT, when I saw the preview to next week being the season finale, I said WHY SO SOON. I hope they are not gong take this show off the air. I think all the characters compliment one another. There whit fits.

carmen February 2, 2011 at 7:59 pm

i really love this show and i dont want it to end! it should go on and on and on until we see more action and more of chance’s past being revealed! i want to learn about the old man being the only person that can scare Chance! i just found this a couple weeks ago and have been seeing each season episode online mostly every day! chance and the team are so good at acting and they make the character come out for real, not like winging it, and theyre action packed and really intense! i really how ames entered and said “i dont get it, uncle andy? how are you related?” and then chance, winston, and guerero just stares at her not speaking. i also like the part when mrs. poochi calls chance and tells him that lopez dude is here, then he rushes out of the office and runs to her appartment! theyre so real! no fake acting and not too extreme that makes it fake. i really hope that it will have more than 2 season!

roberto alvarez January 26, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I like this show,it is really interesting to watch this team work,together,i like it too because the partner woman remind me my girlfriend

J oyce January 26, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I got my 50 year old son to watch this series last month (December) and he loves it. However, we are not getting the show the last few week and are really disappointed. We normally get it on Wednesday nights and is I will not be at home, will always tape. Will we see it again?

Dennis Ure January 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

I love the show and I’m 68 years old. Ure’s Truly, Dennis

Anonymous January 22, 2011 at 12:55 am

I love the show. I do hope it will be renewed for next season.

Anonymous January 21, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I love the show. The characters are interesting and it is action packed and fun to watch. (for a guy). I hope they bring it back next season. There is very little left on TV worth watching nowadays.

NoName January 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

Great show! I wish it could be on at a different day , or an earlier time. With my work schedule ,(I have to get up at 2:30 am on Thursday & Friday) so I can’t stay up past 8:oo pm on Wednesday & Thursday. I love the show .It’s interesting the way the characters interact. It reminds me of the character interactions on N.C.I.S. Lee Majors would be an added asset to the show! I can only get dial up internet where I live, and I can’t afford Hugh’s net, so I can’t watch it on internet.
Sorry to drag on so long.