Hung: Cancelled by HBO; No Season Four

HungRay Drecker may be very popular with the ladies but HBO doesn’t want a fourth season of his TV series. The pay-for-view channel has cancelled Hung after 30 episodes and three seasons on the air.

Hung stars Thomas Jane as a struggling Detroit high school baseball coach and divorced father. He resorts to male prostitution to take advantage of his natural “endowments.” The show’s cast includes Jane Adams, Anne Heche, Eddie Jemison, Rebecca Creskoff, Gregg Henry, Charlie Saxton, and Sianoa Smit-McPhee.

This past season, Hung averaged a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.02 million viewers. That’s way down from last season (1.3 in the demo with 2.46 million), which had declined from the 2009 numbers.

The defacto series finale of Hung aired on December 4th and attracted just a 0.4 rating and 930,000 viewers.

HBO has also cancelled Bored to Death and How to Make It in America but has chosen to renew Enlightened, the newest and lowest-rated of the four.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Hung has been cancelled, that there won’t be a fourth season?

danny elkins-supernatural January 21, 2014 at 5:51 pm

show sucks. that idiot guy couldn’t turn a woman on if they came with on switches. he is awkward and a bit of a clumsy dullard. not what women ask for in a good lay…all the characters are weird and nutty. show has no uhmmff!!!

Umut Uslutekin January 20, 2014 at 11:38 am

Hung is a very different and unbelievable series and everybody wants to continue. HBO PLEASE!! I think ratings are not gonna be the same as before.

Andrew December 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I’m from Russia, and want 2 write some sad words about no-season-4 too! Hung is great show! Brilliant actors, huge talent writers and producers. I’ll miss this show. Really hope that’s ll be rise again in season 4! Hung up!

Andrew December 30, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Joe October 5, 2013 at 11:20 am

Cancelling this show was a shit idea! This show was fantastic and if you want to blame something for the low ratings you should blame your advertising dept. I only heard of this show recently from a friend (never once saw a commercial) and watched all 3 seasons straight through. I loved it and would have definitely watched it when it was on television had i known it existed then. HBO screwed themselves on this one!

Lynn October 1, 2013 at 7:57 pm

This sucks!! I’ve been waiting for Hung to come back this show is hilarious! Hopefully HBO reconsiders and decides to do a season 4 giving closure.

eri September 16, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I cant believe this amazing show was cancelled just like that without even tying up loose ends. WTF

Kk September 11, 2013 at 2:55 pm

WtF…do they factor DVR and TiVo in their ratings. We love this show but could not watch when they kids were home. I got HBO for this show and True blood….I would rather True blood get cancelled than HUNG…omg they could at least doing a closing episode to tie up the loose ends…this sucks. Just left us hanging

Vicki September 5, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I’ve been waiting and waiting for news about Hung, I finally had to look it up. And WTF do I find it’s *&%(^@! gone! ! ! That’s just not right esp. when there’s other crap that’s still on that’s not even worth watching! ! ! HBO has made a major mistake. I’m not sure where they got their numbers from but I demand a recount!! ! ! ! !

Trent June 29, 2013 at 7:24 am

Fuck the world I am only with my girlfriend because she owns all the series :(

Gale May 14, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I am so sad! I didn’t know Hung was cancelled and have been sitting here wondering when it was returning. I loved this show- so original and fresh!

Anonymous February 26, 2013 at 6:21 pm

We loved this show. Talent, good writing, new concepts.. No reason to keep hbo. Wish they would have tried another season!

JEANETTE COUF February 20, 2013 at 9:45 am

I loved this show. Wish it would be brought back

Diana January 4, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I have been waiting to hear when the new season would start and I just found out its been cancelled…I’m devastated!!!! It was great and funny too…very disappointed.

eni November 29, 2012 at 6:16 am

Hung was a goose with the golden eggs. I really enjoyed that goose