Hung: HBO TV Show Renewed for Season Three

HungHBO has announced that their comedy/drama, Hung, will be back for a third season.

Hung revolves around a Detroit high school coach (Thomas Jane) who, being well-endowed, resorts to prostitution to make ends meet. The cast includes Jane Adams, Anne Heche, Eddie Jemison, Rebecca Creskoff, Gregg Henry, Charlie Saxton, and Sianoa Smit-McPhee.

The show’s ratings haven’t been great and have dropped a bit in season two but HBO wants to keep it going nonetheless.

For season three, HBO has once again ordered 10 episodes. A schedule hasn’t been announced yet but the last two seasons have run during the summer months. Season two is scheduled to finish airing on September 12th.

What do you think? Is Hung worth watching? Are you glad to hear that it’s coming back for season three?

Jaimee March 23, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Yes im so glad to hear hung is coming back! I love this show hope it comes back 4 many more seasons after 3. Good show definatly worth watching :) someone please let me know when it starting I don’t want to miss one minute of it!!

Bubba joe March 22, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Yes keep it going!!!

steve Kuriscak February 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm

It is one of the best show-series that HBO has.. Good characters, actors and plots. It is a breath of fresh air…..

Jim McIntyre February 3, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Fantastic news! Hung has really brought something new to the small screen, it’s fresh, funny & full of interesting characters. The storylines are really well written and the characters are funny, tragic & very interesting. Season 3 must be followed by season 4, 5 etc., HBO must realise they are on a winner with this great series.

Robyn January 27, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Hung is the ONLY reason I have HBO. Thomas Jane is stellar, and the rest of the cast is dead on. It’s just like the only reason I have showtime is Nurse Jackie. What a ridiculous amount of money for some decent stories that aren’t geared for the 15-24 y.o crowd.

Megan January 10, 2011 at 5:58 am

Loved Season One of “HUNG” – great fun! Can’t wait for the next season… Release it soon, please!

Andrea Goldhor January 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I LOVE this show. It has everything. Everyone I know who has discovered it loves it, and now this is the series finale. This is so typical of today’s TV. You become hesitant to get involved in any new show. Hung is terrific!

Giesela December 27, 2010 at 2:41 pm

LOVE LOVE HUNG! Very glad its coming back and have no idea why its not more popular.

Bill Stone December 24, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Hung is amazing show with an extremely talented cast. The timing is spot on. Each actor brings a significant character to the screen, and it’s a joy to watch. Keep HUNG on the air!!

Pamela Steed December 1, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I agree with the others and think Hung is one of the best shows on TV. It’s the main reason why I pay for HBO. If it goes off after season 3, I’d probably drop HBO. I love the actors, the scripts, everything. Pul-eeze, don’t drop the show.

Denise November 21, 2010 at 10:00 am

we live in the uk and waiting PATIENTLY for the second series to reach us i thick its BRILLIANT !

Robin November 18, 2010 at 12:33 am

Love this show! Happy to hear it will be back!

sheila November 13, 2010 at 12:15 pm

i am so glad it’s back,i think it’s light and fun to watch.i enjoy all the characters.

Rosemary November 2, 2010 at 8:48 pm

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! That is why I keep renewing HBO. The reason it’s not for some reason “HUNG’ scares people off. WHY I DON’T KNOW. I love the comedy. The way they all interact, the timing, their sensitivity. I wish this show WAS more watched because I want to talk about to someone.

I think the name scares them for some STUPID reason. BUT when you get into… NO SHOW IS FUNNIER.

Tanya and Ray (stage names) should get and award.

LOVE THE SHOW!!!

BobC October 13, 2010 at 11:31 am

Terrific show – so glad it’s coming back for another season!