Hung: HBO TV Show Renewed for Season Three

HungHBO has announced that their comedy/drama, Hung, will be back for a third season.

Hung revolves around a Detroit high school coach (Thomas Jane) who, being well-endowed, resorts to prostitution to make ends meet. The cast includes Jane Adams, Anne Heche, Eddie Jemison, Rebecca Creskoff, Gregg Henry, Charlie Saxton, and Sianoa Smit-McPhee.

The show’s ratings haven’t been great and have dropped a bit in season two but HBO wants to keep it going nonetheless.

For season three, HBO has once again ordered 10 episodes. A schedule hasn’t been announced yet but the last two seasons have run during the summer months. Season two is scheduled to finish airing on September 12th.

What do you think? Is Hung worth watching? Are you glad to hear that it’s coming back for season three?

Canceled and renewed TV show

49 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ari says

Sooo glad Hung is coming back for a 3rd season! One of favorite shows ever. Fantastic writing, acting, characters, especially Tanya, just break my heart.

2. The LeHota's says

My wife and I love this show! It’s unique and alot more complicated than it first appears! Glad it’s coming back! Does anybody know when?

3. r. dallas says

This series is one of the best on tv by far. I was late in finding it, but was able to catch up on all of the previous episodes on line. I was trying to find out if it had been renewed when I found this link. I am looking forward to the future episodes so see what happens.

4. Jan R says

The Mr. and I LOVE Hung! Fantastic acting and a great, quirky storyline! I seriously cannot wait to see more!

5. Angela says

Super Funny..My husband and I LOVE the show! When is the 3rd season starting? We look foward to Sunday nights!..Trueblood and then Hung!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Danielle says

Me and my bf love this show. It’s one of the few things we actually agree on thats on TV. I can’t imagine why the ratings would be low, it’s an awesome series.

7. JH says

Yes, now that Three & a Half Men has been cancelled, we need another excellent comedy. I love this show and I am happy to hear it is coming back for a 3rd season.

8. Bulldogmom says

Excellent series. Acting, cast, writing all award worthy. Glad that the Show has been recognized as the Gem it is. Eager for Season 3.
    Wish I knew the coming 2011 date for the first episode.