iCarly: Creator Dan Schneider Marks TV Series Ending

iCarly series finaleAs you may know, the last episode of iCarly airs next Friday night at 8pm on Nickelodeon. In the episode, Carly will be reunited with her Colonel father. The LA Times has published an article about the event.

In the article, star Miranda Cosgrove spoke about the finale, “In the episode, we’re all moving on… It’s sad because it’s kind of the same as how it is in real life. We all kind of grew up and had our childhoods on set, and now it’s time to leave it behind.” She’s currently studying theatre at USC. Her favorite class is sketching, she says.

To mark the ending of the show, creator Dan Schneider conducted exit interviews with the cast, assembling an “audio scrapbook.” He asked questions like “What’s your favorite episode?” and “If iCarly were going to be erased or destroyed forever and you could only save one [episode], which would it be?”

Why? Schneider said, “I just wanted to have it because iCarly was something really magical… And not just for us involved in making it, but a generation of kids. I know that when these kids are in college, they’ll have iCarly as a point of reference. Sort of like the way some kids had Saved by the Bell. We’ll be a form of nostalgia and that’s really cool.”

What do you think? Do you agree with Schneider’s assessment of iCarly? Would you like to hear his scrapbook some day?

reece January 27, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I Hate
dan Schneider he stops making the good shows and comes Out with stupid ones Sam and cat and victorious is good but the others are sucky

Cynthia Landis November 28, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I am very sad to say good bye to icarly and I am 48 years old.I want icarly to know that her show great for all age my girls are autistic and love it there grandfather also watch it as well. My girls would love to meet her someday.I am happy to hear she is going to school.She does need to get out if you know what I mean.I will miss the show with all my heart.I prAY THAT SOMEDAY we COULDE MEET HER ANDE TELL HER HOW SHE HAS TOUNCHED ARE LIVE IN AWAY i WILL NEVER FRGET.bYE WE LOVE YOU.

hoy November 26, 2012 at 9:46 am

^The star of the show is choosing to go of to school at Usc, just like us going to school. Even if you end the show later it will be sad eitherways. There are going to be new shows coming up and victorious is still going. Its like a ride if your too old to ride, move on to a newer ride.

Anonymous November 26, 2012 at 9:10 am

I grew up with rugrats, wild thornberrys, rocket power, all that..act.etc.
This show was by far one of the better shows on Nickelodeon, I can stand all the crap now, including the show that they pretty much replaced icarly with, Marvin Marvin…. wth is that? An alien who listens with his butt? Nickelodeon reminds me of the episode from icarly where they go on TV.

alexis buchmann November 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm

why?
Every Saturday on nick i usually go home to watch icarly so many great laugh we have.secondly i enjoy every second of it.when they are on i always watch the show.on nickelodeon if both icarly and victorious are not there i will never watch nickelodeon by now. make this happen icarly 2007-2013 i would love this.they should make more episodes i know they should i can help the creator of this show think of new more episodes.to be honest i know this show been around for a long time that does not you have to end this show you know you need it.watching reruns everyday its boring having new episode would be better.wromg move for them to take icarly of the air will be not good thinks going to get ugly when everybody see this ends.this is with me to i love it when u said that it was ending i cryed my eyes out,please dont do this to the three of us,please dont leave

mohamed belhseine November 22, 2012 at 6:15 pm

bring icarly back for one more run with nickelodeon will you please

mohamed belhseine November 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

what would you rather want icarly can go for at least one more season or would you want to see nickelodeon network shutting down for good

mohamed belhseine November 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm