In Plain Sight: Episode Order Cut, Headed for Cancellation?

In Plain SightUSA Network’s In Plain Sight TV show recently had its episode order cut from 16 to 13 installments. Is this a sign that the series is headed for the TV graveyard after three seasons?

Not necessarily. It turns out that In Plain Sight will wrap season three early for another reason. The Futon Critic was told by Universal Cable Productions, “John McNamara, executive producer and showrunner of USA Network’s In Plain Sight, took a leave of absence for medical reasons… John Romano assumed executive producer responsibilities for the remaining episodes. Given the unexpected change, we decided to end the season at a natural spot — with the surprising cliffhanger of episode 13.”

Season three will finish airing on Wednesday, June 30th. In Plain Sight hasn’t been renewed for a fourth season yet and isn’t necessarily looking like a lock either.

Last season reportedly averaged 4.08 million viewers but recent episodes have been attracting less than three million viewers. That’s certainly not a good indicator for renewal.

What do you think? Should In Plain Sight be renewed for season four or cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

839 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Debbie says

My husband and I absolutely adore this show and the characters, much better than most of those sappy 1/2 hr comedies that plug up the airways. With so much of the viewing time filled with non-reality, reality shows. Its nice to see an all around well acted, well thought out series that has just the right amount of humor as not to take itself too seriously. I agree with one of your other viewers who said its not quantity but quality of views.

2. Jill says

My husband and I love this show. Mary’s personality in combination with Marshall’s is terrific. Please keep it on the air

3. Julie says

Your promos state that this year’s episodes of IPS are better than ever, but yet you’re canceling it. It’s one of the better shows on cable TV and should be renewed

4. Julie says

Your promos say that the In Plain sight episodes are better than ever, but yet you’re canceling it. I am so sorry it is being canceled.

5. katy kubisiak says

Are you crazy! I love this show. Mary is cool. She is strong with great come backs. Why mess around with a winner. I WANT MORE!

6. Lela B says

” In Plain Sight” off the air! What a mistake. I live in Indiana and am getting use to what i feel are stupid mistakes. I can equate taking In Plain Site off the air to the colts letting Manning go, and then Manning replacing Tebow.
    I look forward to watching the show. I enjoy each of the characters. Tonight watching Marshall and Stan take care of the baby is great. I like Mary’s character. She is a woman not to mess with and she holds her own. She gives hope to those whose family relationships are rocky She is there for her mother and sister no matter what the past has been.

7. Joe says

I strongly feel as this show has a unique following: it’s quality not quantity. It’s my belief
    that the program offers a realistic view of that aspect of the world. I, as well as my three older sons and some of my friends are avid fans. The characters are fantastic. Mary’s
    character is indicative of a child who had to grow-up too early, assume the role of the parent and raise her baby sister Brandy. The fact that she is paired with Marshall, who himself is absolutely critical to the show, who is diametrically opposed from her character adds more interest/tension to the show. It would be great to see Mary and Marshall become involved as the sexual tension is blatantly obvious. Please keep our program.

8. Jerry says

Please do not take” In Plain Sight” off the air. It has all the fundelmentals to making a great series which we all enjoy watching. I look forward to watching each and every show. Both my wife and I really enjoy the show.

9. Collector says

Don’t cancel such a terrific program as, “In Plain Sight.” The characters are real, the storylines are reflect something that can happen to anyone of us and the messages given by Mary at the end of the show are right on target. It’s rare that a program can skillfully combine drama with some comedy and make it worthwhile watching. Please continue the program.