In Plain Sight: USA Show Renewed for Seasons Four and Five

In Plain SightIt’s being reported by Dateline that USA Network has renewed their original drama, In Plain Sight, for two more seasons.

The new deal will take the cable show through its fifth season and the main cast, including Mary McCormack, Frederick Weller and Paul Ben-Victor, are all set to return.

Seasons one and two were comprised of 12 and 15 installments respectively. Year three was supposed to have 16 episodes but was cut short to 13. The early wrap reportedly happened because showrunner and executive producer John McNamara had to take a leave of absence for medical reasons.

It’s unknown at this point how many episodes USA has ordered for seasons four and five or, if the show will wrap its run after that. An official announcement has not been released.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear In Plain Sight is coming back for not one but two more seasons? Should it end after that or continue to season six?

Canceled and renewed TV show

245 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anita says

Hallelujah:-) Kept looking to see if it had been renewed…LOVE this show and it’s characters…Can’t wait ’til May first…

2. Concerned Viewer says

Great show…need more episodes….have to wait 1/2 yr sometimes to see new episodes…didn’t back in the “good-ole days”…shows ran everyweek all year?
    Love the show…don’t be like the other networks, plz keep this one ….10 seasons would be good with more episodes…Hey viewers: does it seem to you that the show is off more than it is on?

3. Susan W says

I enjoy In Plain Sight. As long as my husband and I keep enjoying, it doesn’t matter how many seasons it keeps going.

4. Judy says

Please let viewers know when In Plain Sight will be back. It is a great show with good actors, & I have really missed it.

5. Linda says

It’s a great show – interesting characters. A little different from your usual Police drama with a little soap opera mixed in. The characters have to deal with real family problems as well as work related dilemmas. I hope it comes back .

6. lolo says

Please bring this back. I am a big fan and the thought of not seeing my favorite characters return will be heartbreaking. I don’t watch but a few shows and this one is my favorite.
    Can’t wait for the next season!

7. mary says

One of my favorite shows, please don’t cancel this one. Always fun to watch, reminds me of the chemistry between C.Shepard and B. Willis from Blue Moon.

8. Nikki says

The post above me was dated 2/16/11.That is 0nly 5 days ago . I want it to return. Another network tried to copy it and it was pathetic an it was cacncelled. Please….bring it back.