In Plain Sight: USA Show Renewed for Seasons Four and Five

In Plain SightIt’s being reported by Dateline that USA Network has renewed their original drama, In Plain Sight, for two more seasons.

The new deal will take the cable show through its fifth season and the main cast, including Mary McCormack, Frederick Weller and Paul Ben-Victor, are all set to return.

Seasons one and two were comprised of 12 and 15 installments respectively. Year three was supposed to have 16 episodes but was cut short to 13. The early wrap reportedly happened because showrunner and executive producer John McNamara had to take a leave of absence for medical reasons.

It’s unknown at this point how many episodes USA has ordered for seasons four and five or, if the show will wrap its run after that. An official announcement has not been released.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear In Plain Sight is coming back for not one but two more seasons? Should it end after that or continue to season six?

H-Dogg November 10, 2011 at 6:59 pm

keep it going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel November 9, 2011 at 11:58 am

I am very happy to know the show is coming back I really enjoy watching it. I love Mary but sorry the sister did not get married, but the last prep talk by the mother was very discouraging for a wedding day.

Ruth October 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Love the show, it is very refreshing and the cast fit so well, Hope it is on for many seasons.

Stutzie September 30, 2011 at 8:51 am

Love this Show!!! There are not many good shows on anymore, really wish they would renew past Season 5 Wish the powers to be would listen to the viewers!!!!!!!

Cecey September 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Did not start watching from the beginning.Found it kind of refreshing as far as the main characters plain speaking. I’m glad is was renewed.Just leave the ex-husband out.

Anonymous August 28, 2011 at 7:29 am

I LOVE THE SHOW.
MARSHAL AND MARY MAKE A GREAT TEAM.
LEAVE THE GOOD SHOW AND GET RID OF THE BAD ONES.
IN PLAIN SIGHT IS NOT THE BAD ONE.

margert August 21, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I hope that it will continue to run past Season 5 and with more episodes. I think that it is a great show and there is not that many of those left.

sherry hauenstein August 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

This is my favorite show on t.v. It is equal to NCIS – interesting writing – relationship between characters (something for everyone) and parts are set in Albuquerque – what’s not to like about Albuquerque where the sun shines every day. Whoever came up with the story line about witness protection – hats off to you!!

sima August 11, 2011 at 3:15 pm

i hope they continue this series for many more years, it is on my top 10 best shows on tv

Anonymous August 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Keep it going!!!!!

luis melendez August 8, 2011 at 12:53 pm

i love in plain sight! however i just finished seeing the last episode of this season, and boy do i feel jipped. mary about to have the baby and her sister being selfish once again is stupid. the selfish sister never or should i say the writers, hinted in any way that the selfish sister had reservation. somewhere in this season the writers should have added something about her doubts with getting married.. there was so little added about the sister that when the wedding took place i did not care espicially when you had mary risking her baby with a gun fight. to much added at the last episode. if you are keeping the sister and the mother, what a waste of talent, using miss warren as a pop up, please use both correctly or keep them out of the show. mary is great and i want more of the show but first take a look of the genious of the first couple of seasons.

Carol Travaglione August 5, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I love the characters in this show. I like the New Mexico setting. Keep it on the air
please.

CJ Rayfield August 1, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I LOVE the show and hope it will be back for at least a few more seasons. My FAVORITE show right now. Wish I’d started watching sooner!

sarah petersen July 31, 2011 at 6:32 pm

it is one of the best things on tv which is otherwise a disaster mary is great with her personality, a real person, much more like law enforcement than other cop shows don’t cut the show and deprive her fans

Bonny July 31, 2011 at 2:42 pm

So glad to hear that the show will be continuing.