Intelligence: No Season Two for CBS Series; Cancelled

Intelligence TV show cancelledJosh Holloway enjoyed a long run on Lost but unfortunately he hasn’t been as lucky with Intelligence. The CBS TV show has now been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

After the failure of Hostages, the network was hoping for Intelligence to be a ratings hit to fill their Mondays at 10pm timeslot. It wasn’t to be. Despite some impressive star talent and special effects, the show couldn’t draw enough viewers.

The network debuted it after NCIS on a Tuesday night and the show drew decent numbers but, once it moved to its regular Monday night slot, the ratings tanked. The season of 13 episodes averaged a 1.3 demo rating with 6.85 million viewer, making it one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

That wasn’t good enough to mandate a second season renewal so Intelligence has been cancelled. The final episode aired on March 31st.

What do you think? Did you like this Josh Holloway series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

sara July 23, 2014 at 4:25 am

Loved it so disappointed

Judy July 22, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I am so disappointed that it was cancelled. I think it needed a different time period or night. Going up against Blacklist was very tough. This is the second time I have got invested in a series only to see it cancelled after one short season. Intelligence and Traveler. Both were outstanding shows. So disappointed.

Precious July 22, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Please bring back Intelligence, it was a great show. You cant leave us hanging like that.

Stan July 22, 2014 at 11:09 am

We liked in London UK.
What better way to increase familiarity with geek stuff than with a good TV series. Believable characters and fascinating plot lines. Maybe our future brains’ will be internet linked – you saw it on this show first.
I guess TV executives exist only through their finances, not their imaginations! Get your thinking caps (or brain chips) on CBS.

Eunice July 22, 2014 at 9:58 am

its so disappointing that you had to cancel this series i was found of intelligence and hoping to see next seasons may be like two or three but cancelling it at season one can’t believe it. Renew it again please

Dottie July 21, 2014 at 11:11 pm

I too am SO SICK of watching shows, really getting into them and having them cancelled! There are enough crappy shows and they cancel an incredibly awesome show like Intelligence. My son even loved this show and he doesn’t agree with me about tv, EVER!!

Jeffrey Gibson July 21, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Being it back!

mrs midge July 21, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I can’t believe it’s been cancelled… the people in charge obviously spend too much time feeling the passion for a show in figures and pound signs (dollars) and NOT the feedback from the viewers. My family love this show. Great varied stories, fab acting and fast pace, action sequences. Please bring it back…. give the UK a chance to fall in love with it x x

Kelly July 21, 2014 at 1:33 pm

So seriously disappointed.

Charles Harper July 19, 2014 at 7:46 pm

My family really enjoyed INTELLIGENCE and would like to hAve it return.

Paula Jones July 19, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Only just learned this has been cancelled! Such a shame, & Josh Holloway is very easy on the eye too! Just think what might have happened had Star Trek or Only Fools had never been allowed to carry on as they were going to be cancelled too! The next series of Once Upon a Time is not going to be shown in the UK either!

John Sturdy July 19, 2014 at 9:58 am

I really like this show. & I mean, come on it’s only just getting started.

Beth July 19, 2014 at 7:06 am

I just think its ridiculous to cancel a series after 13 episodes. The series is a decent watch good storyline great cast the if the ratings are low it isn’t due to the show but to the method of advertising for it. Half the time we don’t even find out about shows until they are already cancelled because 9/10 people fast forward the annoying ad breaks. I think they should start applying fines for cancellation of shows after the first season as it’s getting to the point now that there is no point watching or getting in to anything because 2 seconds later some money driven moron with no taste has cancelled it!

KM July 18, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I think it should renewed, personally I love the series!!! There is so many unanswered questions and cliff hangers at the very least could we get a season to round it off?! Surely the ones who did like the series deserve that

sharon July 18, 2014 at 9:50 am

I can’t believe they canceled it that just pisses me off. I am so sick of getting into a show and they cancel it. I don’t trust the the shows any more so now I just PVR everything and wait to see if they are going to cancel I am not watching something and then have it pulled out from under me. I am sick of it. The olden days they at least gave them 2 or 3 season to see if they got picked up now we get 13 episode and if it is not watched right off the bat its gone. Fed up with the networks.

Marie July 18, 2014 at 10:24 am

I agree with you. I have also decided to not watch any of the new shows until I see where they are going with it. I will go back and see the first season if it stays on. If not, I haven’t lost anything. If everyone would do this, maybe they would give these shows more time to see how they do. And I don’t agree that the demographics should be 18-46 that make these decisions. They are usually out most nights and us older folks are at home trying to find something decent to watch on TV. I am tired of all the reality shows being renewed and the Bachelor and Bachelorette – what a laugh. You can’t tell me these good looking people can’t find a date !!!