Intelligence: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Intelligence: canceled or renewed?CBS kept Hostages on the air even though it became obvious that it was doomed to be cancelled after one season. How has Intelligence fared? Will it suffer the same fate or will it be renewed for a second season instead?

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Josh Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

Debuting on a Tuesday night in January, sandwiched between NCIS and Person of Interest, Intelligence’s first episode drew a very healthy 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 16.49 million viewers.

Unfortunately, most of those viewers didn’t return for the second episode the following Monday. That attracted just a 1.2 in the demo with 6.2 million, a decline of more than 50%.

The numbers have risen and fallen since then but have generally been moving downward. Last week’s episode tied a series low in the demo and hit a new low in viewership. Looking at the averages, it’s also the lowest-rated show currently on the network (aside from Saturday night’s 48 Hours).

Like Hostages before it, it’s clear that Intelligence won’t be back for a second season. The ratings are just too low. CBS recently renewed most of their primetime shows for next season. Intelligence was one of the few that were missing from that list.

At this point, we can hope that the producers finished the 13 episodes in a satisfying way.

But, what do you think? Do you like Intelligence? If you were running the network, would you renew it or cancel it to make way for something else?

356 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I do not know why Intelligence would be cancelled, it is a great show. Maybe it got cancelled like The Unit did?? You need to bring it back for another season.

2. Jessica M says

INTELLIGENCE RULED!!!! My whole family LOVED it, even the kids! It Needs to come back for more seasons!!! In reading this article I also found out that another one of my favorite shows HOSTAGES will not return. I’m thoroughly upset about both! WAKE UP CBS or you may not be my favorite network anymore!

3. Christine silver says

Please don’t cancel Intelligence! My husband and I really love this show.Renew for season 2 :):)

4. Jodi says

I am sick of CBS concelling awsome shows !!! Like CSI New York !!/ CSI Miami / n now probably Intelligents!!! N other shows !! What r they thinking !! U can’t tell me that these shows ratings r that low !!! CBS you keep those dumb shows like survivor etc. n comady shows really get good shows n keep them n CBS ratings just may go up / tired of getting attached to shows n then u cancell n bring dumb shows on n place of them !! That’s why CBS isn’t big n my house hold !!

5. John says

We really enjoy this show. Don’t cancel it. Bring it back. It is great seeing Marg Helgenberger and Josh Holloway again.

6. Geno says

Really love this show. Very interesting concept. I hope it stays around for a few more seasons.

• rebecca says

BECAUSE WE CAN NOT LET CBS WIN BY TAKING (INTELLIGENCE) OF THE AIR, IF YOU GUYS LOVE THE SHOW (INTELLIGENCE). WE HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING AND LET CBS KNOW WE INTELLIGENCE NEED TO SHOW CBS WE ARE NOT GOING ANY WERE.

• says

Please add my name in the petition for renewing “Intelligence”.
      Agree that it is a most entertaining and action packed series, with an excellent cast and interesting characters.
      Please renew !
      Martha I.G.
      Buenos Aires – Argentina – South America

7. Barbara Malloy says

Please bring this program back. It is TOO good to cancel.
    Why do we have to have programs like Big Bang theory and 2 & 1/2 men, which are inanelly stupid and not return Intelligence? I didn’t miss one episode just like NCIS.
    Anything with a little substance seems to be too much for the general public. I also watched every episode of JAG, and that was not returned.
    Looking forward to seeing new episodes!!!!!!!
    Barb

8. Maria says

Do we know something about Intelligence being renewed? Why do you think that they don¡t tell us anything? Do you think that they are still thinking what to do with it?

Please Renew INTELLIGENCE!!