Intelligence: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Intelligence: canceled or renewed?CBS kept Hostages on the air even though it became obvious that it was doomed to be cancelled after one season. How has Intelligence fared? Will it suffer the same fate or will it be renewed for a second season instead?

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Josh Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

Debuting on a Tuesday night in January, sandwiched between NCIS and Person of Interest, Intelligence’s first episode drew a very healthy 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 16.49 million viewers.

Unfortunately, most of those viewers didn’t return for the second episode the following Monday. That attracted just a 1.2 in the demo with 6.2 million, a decline of more than 50%.

The numbers have risen and fallen since then but have generally been moving downward. Last week’s episode tied a series low in the demo and hit a new low in viewership. Looking at the averages, it’s also the lowest-rated show currently on the network (aside from Saturday night’s 48 Hours).

Like Hostages before it, it’s clear that Intelligence won’t be back for a second season. The ratings are just too low. CBS recently renewed most of their primetime shows for next season. Intelligence was one of the few that were missing from that list.

At this point, we can hope that the producers finished the 13 episodes in a satisfying way.

But, what do you think? Do you like Intelligence? If you were running the network, would you renew it or cancel it to make way for something else?

354 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. j ogle says

Why is it that the good shows get canceled and they keep all the stupid ones ! This is why I never get interested in shows on TV… You get interested in one and really enjoy it, just to find out it won’t be back!

2. says

I don’t understand why the intelligence is being cancelled. I think that it is a good show and should just be put in another time bracket like on Wednesday or Thursday for example. I don’t usually watch the show at the scheduled time, but I do watch it on Plex Theater after it is posted, and I enjoy watching the show very much. I am sure that there are a lot of other people that watch the show after it is posted as well, so I don’t think that it should be cancelled.

3. bobbi says

if you can make it past the firt 2 years. its like any bussiness. after that you might have a better chance. people haen’t taken to the thought to put a chip in a persons brain. but why not they have done other things that are unthinkable. what about drones

4. Bea says

Please do not cancel Intelligence show. I have to watch all my TV shows on ABC, NBC, CBS, CW shows On Demand. I have to sleep early because I have to be at work by 5:00 a.m. I am sure there are more people wathcing Intellgience then what the Nielsen ratings shows. People watch TV shows on their computer or iPad and other means. Do you the television networks track those people?

5. says

Hello, I’m Veronica an I’m from Argentina. what I’m about to say is simple: I love “Intelligence”!!!!
    I watched the whole season in three days!! and I just can’t wait for season two.
    PLEASE! do not cancell this show, you will be making a huge mistake!!
    Here in Argentina a lot of people watch the show. Please don’t do this to us!

• says

To Veronica from Argentina, I am also from Argentina and love the series, had been praying that they will not cancel it.
      I think I must have sent like two mails.
      Let’s hope they (at CBS ABC, whatever) will see the light and KEEP IT IN THE AIR !!
      Chau !

6. Elsie says

I agree with the others that have left the comment, that it is on at the wrong time and day. Please change it to another day and time and it will even do better. Thank goodness for on demand so I can watch all the good shows on Monday as I am busy on that night.

7. Pennington says

If Intelligence is cancelled, it will be as big a mistake as the canellation of Golden Boy. The time slot, Monday night at 10:00 may not be the best time to watch TV but for a good show, I’ll stay up to watch it. Intelligence and Golden Boy were watched by many of my co-workers and we miss shows of substance.

8. Denise says

Intelligence is a great show!! Leave it on. I may not get to watch it that night due to it’s time spot, but I ALWAYS watch it on demand.

9. Margie says

Intelligence is a great show!! I don’t watch much TV but thoroughly enjoyed the show. Please, you can’t leave us hanging!! Thank you!

10. Jill says

LEASE DON’T CANCEL INTELLIGENCE…IT IS M FAVORITE SERIES I WATCH OUT OF 43 SERIES I WATCH…MY DAUGHTER AND I WATCH IT TOGETHER.

11. Texas Gal says

I am so sorry to see it go. I looked forward to Mondays just for this show. I would like to see how it does on a different night.

12. Ginny Petitt says

We have watched every episode and loved them! Really love Josh Holloway & Marge Hellgenberger! It would be a big disappointment to see the show cancelled! Please keep the show on!!!!!!

13. Mary S says

They put the show in a TERRIBLE timeslot!!! If I didn’t have a DVR I might never have seen it…BRING IT BACK, but put it where lots of people can see it!
    It shares a timeslot with Castle and The Blacklist, which is a TERRIBLE thing to do to any show.
    Please, do not count it out just because folks would not give up Castle or Red…there are other days of the week that would not offer such strong competition. FIND ONE!!!
    As I said, I DVR all three of those shows, but not everyone has that freedom.
    PLEASE GIVE THE SHOW ANOTHER CHANCE!!! You are bringing back some really ridiculous shows that do well because there is nothing running against them; put Intelligence there, instead!
    And, while I am at it, GIVE THE MENTALIST BACK HIS ORIGINAL TIMESLOT!!!
    You put him at a time that is plagued by sports overruns and people cannot even find him! The moment I saw the schedule I knew this would happen: you made it impossible for folks to watch the show, the ratings fell, and now you are using that as an excuse to threaten to take him from us. You are wicked people!! 30 years ago Sunday night was a wonderful time, but that was before Sunday afternoon games that went into overtime and messed up everything afterwards…PLEASE MOVE HIM TO ANY OTHER DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! The Good Wife still runs late and is hard to find, but that show is over before working people/early risers have to go to bed…

14. Lonetta says

My whole family loved this show we age from 29 to 79, and all loved intelligence !! We are just line everyone else why do you keep taking all the good shows off!! CBS needs to figure out there are grown ups in the world!!!