Intelligence: Season One Ratings

Intelligence TV show ratingsHostages was a big ratings disappointment for CBS. They’re hoping that their new Intelligence series will perform much better. Will it be cancelled or become a hit? Stay tuned!

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Josh Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

5/10 update: Intelligence has been cancelled by CBS after 13 episodes and one season.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.85 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Intelligence TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

229 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lauren says

Keep it! The chemistry is amazon between Josh and Meghan! Sure some factual inaccuracies are present, but really what show doesn’t? It’s a show! A lot of people love it and there’s not many good shows on anymore! Renew it!

2. Maryann Strickland says

I LIKE this show but I only get to see it when my family is out or Blacklist isn’t on. My family likes Intelligence too but they were already hooked on Blacklist. I hope they give this another chance in a better time frame.

3. Samm says

I think Intelligence is a great show with a thoughtless, ill-conceived schedule placement. Why, unless you want the show to fail or are the type who would pound the square peg into the round hole, would you schedule Intelligence against established shows of a similar feel? It’s simply not Intelligent. You can’t count the Olympic non-competition from The Blacklist as THE chance for exposure. People actually did watch The Olympics. People who regularly tune in to the other shows and would love Intelligence, simply may not have seen it. Or they don’t have a DVR, or use the uncounted, arcane but still in use VCR to record and watch this 10PM triumvirate. I’ve been with it from the first episode. I also watch Castle, The Blacklist, and Lost Girl. My Time Warner DVR stingily (or manipulatively, depending on your pov), only allows 2 recordings with no viewing a third channel option. So I rotate which two of the first three shows I record, and which I watch live in another room. Lost Girl is rebroadcast later, so that’s when I catch it. Not everyone has these options. It’s a really good, exciting, well-written show which deserves a better time slot to establish itself

4. dale says

I think the cast is one of the best on tv, I think an emotional interest is needed, to bring out both of the character and Josh H is great in his role. I think you should have a 2 part episode where he get captured and again has his memory changed and special agent needs to save or kill him. Episode could have multiple twists with a new love interest with a Bad girl? But gets saved in the end. Please save the show.

• Wolf Petrov says

This show has to go!!! Its Bizzare.
      That Marg ?? is so annoying and a bad actress that makes the show not work watching. Change her and maybe the show has a chance of being tolerable.
      They should open up the time slot for something better.

• Samm says

Seriously? Well some people prefer tea to coffee, but most people prefer coffee. Marg Helgenberger is great! She has grown as an actress, from China Beach, through CSI (do you really think she would have lasted years on CSI if she weren’t a really good actress?). I don’t think you’re being objective, and I’m not saying this as a personal attack. Whether onscreen or in real life, some people just irk you. There isn’t necessarily a valid reason for it, they just do. A competent critic recognizes and is able to separate personal bias from valid, provable points of contention.

5. MRB says

Please renew the show! I love it! And even though there are some plot holes, I still think there is a lot to build on too. I love Gabriel and Riley’s backstories, and their chemistry is amazing. Would really like to see some more!

6. Anonymous says

Really like show but why do they have to play music so loud especially when they’re talking sounds like a commercial!

7. Beks says

I like the show. Realistic or not is has a great cast and an interesting episode-by-episode story. Definitely keep it.

8. Ina says

I am not a scientist but I can see the loopholes in the logic of the show. Of course, it’s not realistic…
    But I still like it. The cast is good and has good dynamic. I would really like to see the show unfold and explore the link between man and technology. Even with the flawed logic of the functioning of the chip, it could potentially touch upon some interesting matters.

9. Dennis D says

Some one please Kill this show! I am a Medical Lab guy, with vast IT experience. To say that the writing for this show is the worst and stupidest thing I have ever seen on tv is an understatement! The story is so full of plot holes and simple stupidity! Do they think that everyone watching is just so stupid as to think any of this is possible! Come on I know it is a TV show and it is supposed to be for entertainment only! But at least try to make it somewhat believable!
    Lets us look at the tech side of this; I KNOW what a chip does, and by itself it does NOTHING! you can not just plug it into someone’s head and they can use it!!! Tell me, where does its power come from?, with out any kind of interface how can you control it, with out any kind of receiver, how does it receive any information. I do not see him running around with a dish on his head. or any wire hanging from his backside to pick up signals… Another thing would be, How does the vast amount of heat that a CPU chip generates be vented, in all honestly it would cook his brain in a matter on mins.
    The story itself is looks to be written by someone with no logical reason. Story lines left open, so many mistakes! Way too many mistakes, leaves one going WTF? all the time… “Wait what about???? ” <— insert plot hole here…
    I really wanted to like this show, but it is just too bad, really! On the plus side it did get me to start watching Chuck, which sorry to say actually makes a lot more sense!

• Samm says

lol, have you seen Young Frankenstein, Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallactica (the remake), The Matrix, Terminator, anything with The Muppets? Perhaps you are so wrapped up in a factual reality that you cannot enjoy fiction which has any material shared with your career. You are probably good at your job, and have an ability to work within a narrow focus. But enjoying fiction requires the ability to suspend disbelief. No, Muppets aren’t really separate, sentient life forms. Baron Frankenstein really didn’t animate dead body parts, and so on. As for The Matrix, no one ever offered me the choice of the pills, so the jury is out on that one. I used to go to movies with a friend who couldn’t help but notice (and inform), when there were continuity problems. “His jacket was buttoned, he walked across the room and his jacket now has the bottom unbuttoned”, “the coffee cup was facing left, and now it’s facing right”, and so on. He may be factually right, but he was annoying. If what you perceive as factual errors in Intelligence (and unless your extensive IT experience includes advanced degrees in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, from institutions such as Cal Tech, MIT or RPI, you should really allow that there may be things you don’t know), perhaps you should stick with procedurals which have nothing to do with computers.

10. nemo f says

Thee cancellation clock started ticking on this show from the second episode. Only a matter of weeks before it gets the hook.