Intelligence: Season One Ratings

Intelligence TV show ratingsHostages was a big ratings disappointment for CBS. They’re hoping that their new Intelligence series will perform much better. Will it be cancelled or become a hit? Stay tuned!

On Intelligence, Gabriel Vaughn (Josh Holloway) is a high-tech intelligence operative who’s been enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. It allows him to be connected directly into the global information grid. Other castmembers include Marg Helgenberger, Meghan Ory, Michael Rady, John Billingsley, P. J. Byrne, Tomas Arana, Lance Reddick, and Peter Coyote.

5/10 update: Intelligence has been cancelled by CBS after 13 episodes and one season.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.85 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Intelligence TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Bonnie April 1, 2014 at 11:34 am

Positively love this show! It’s unique and different, and it should be renewed! I think whoever came up with it is brilliant! and a person of vision!

Marie April 1, 2014 at 9:34 am

I like this show a lot. I like the characters and the interesting plots! There are too many CSI mad crime shows on Tv and I am bored with them! keep this show!

Shirley and John April 1, 2014 at 7:31 am

The best show ever and I am with so many people who wondered why you
would bit the show up against “The Blacklist” or “Castle”. Move it and get back
your ratings. It is brilliant and Josh used to be my neighbor in Marina
Del Rey and he is completely himself in the role. The high tech interest brilliant
and a good reason it is called “Intelligence”

Martin Ellsworth April 1, 2014 at 1:20 am

I love this show. It’s filled with interesting characters and is written with edge of your seat suspense. Hellenberger and Holloway have great chemistry. It’s major flaw is the casting of Josh’s partner/love interest. I really hope CBS renews it, gives it a decent lead-in and promotes the hell out of it during the summer. That added to the cast change mentioned and this show will find its audience. The best scenes are those between Marg and Josh. The third lead needs to be up to their caliber. A very intelligent show, so aptly named.

Anonymous March 31, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Love it!

Alex March 31, 2014 at 11:05 am

The premise of Intelligence is outstanding, however, the writing is a bit suspect. In my opinion, Josh Holloway is being wasted and left out to dry here; he’s a damn fine actor but he has to be himself. We’re all used to the wisecracking, free spirit, “I’m in charge” kinda guy. He’s too strapped down in this series. The chemisty is ok but the girl sent to “protect” him is the flimsiest part of the plot. I want to get to know the character Gabriel, and he needs a good solid foil; a Jack Shepard type. Josh needs people around where he feels like he’s in charge, yet there’s vulnerable side to him…perhaps a dark secret. Marge Hellgenberger hogs up too much air time and Peter Coyote as her father?? COME ON!!!!! that is SO ridiculous. I really enjoy the show but wow, there could so much more..I hope it’s renewed for season 2. There’s lots of hope and endless possibilities with this show.

Sandy Hlasten March 30, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I sure hope they will bring this show back. It has good writers , bring a new fresh look into the future. The actors are starting to bond for your watchers, it deserves a second season.
All the actors are good in their character.

Mary S March 30, 2014 at 11:05 pm

One of the things I like about “INTELLIGENCE” is that it is not just your standard procedural; it has a different viewpoint. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the NCIS shows, CSI (even the ones they cancelled) Law and Order SVU (as well as the cancelled)- but I like the twist on a theme. It’s science fiction (a computer chip in his head certainly qualifies!) with a current feel. I like the characters and the actors who portray them (though I could do without Tetazoo, who is trying to do away with the program -why is there always a nasty protagonist within the system???)
The show is on in Dallas on Mondays at 9:00 opposite The Blacklist and reruns of Castle, which is apparently holding down the timeslot for the future on two different stations, Dallas, Chozen, Bates Motel, Lost Girl and RuPaul’s Drag Race, plus a lot of other shows which hold no interest for me at all. Most of these don’t, either, but I will bet they are getting a decent part of the viewing audience. Dexter on nuvoTV would also be a choice for me, but I bought the series when it went off the air so I don’t need the reruns.
All of this is to enumerate the reasons the rating may not be a s good as they would be on a different night. And, because it seems to be benign, with no cussing or sex scenes, it could even be on at 7:00CST…Don’t cancel the show, just put it in a better timeslot!

Lynne Sward March 30, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Please continue showing one of the newest and best series on TV, Intelligence.
I like the stories, and the performances, and the themes which sometimes mirror what is going on with governments around the world. Just move the show to another night if there’s too much competition. The powers that make the final decisions, should use their own “intelligence” and keep the show on for at least a 2nd season.

Mary S March 30, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I agree with all who love it! AND with those who are calling for a timeslot change; I can and do DVR it, along with my other shows, but there are those who do not have DVRs who must make a choice of ‘which” show to watch. Considering that I frequently record up to 4 shows in a given timeslot on a given night, I would be hard-pressed to have to choose only one. AND, there are some nights that I turn to the Food Channel because there is nothing on anywhere else that I want to see.
KEEP Intelligence, just give it a better time and airdate.

pickywatcher March 30, 2014 at 12:04 am

Intelligence is a great show! Keep it! So much better than other dramas!

Marcy March 29, 2014 at 12:40 am

RENEW this show! Finally a show that is not just run of the mill cops and robbers! Besides the entertainment value, Josh Holloway is not bad on the eyes! Love the cast…. please keep this show on.

Jason March 28, 2014 at 12:38 am

Intelligence must be renewed. CBS is blind if they do not see the potential of Intelligence in a different time slot away from the Blacklist. Intelligence is a diamond in the rough in that it doesn’t have your typical theme of almost all Dramas on TV today where tough cops simply chase down the villains. Intelligence has the future of law enforcement enhanced by a chip and/or AI apprehending the villains. The government has already successfully put “chips” in quadriplegics. Many politicians assert that US Cybercomm (yes its real) should be made the 4th branch of the military bc the future of warfare is cyber based Intelligence must be renewed bc it displays the future of fighting the threats to the US with emerging technology with a visually appealing and talented cast with great chemistry.

BB March 27, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I love this show! I hope they keep it!

Bev March 27, 2014 at 10:33 pm

This is a great show. The stories are original and the characters are great. I what it on demand when I can’t watch it at it’s scheduled time. Doesn’t anyone take this into consideration when determining ratings?

marian March 27, 2014 at 5:54 am

Love this show! Why in the hell do they put it against 2 high rated shows and seem surprised at lower ratings? Move to another night and save this show!