Ironside: Cancelled After Three Episodes

Ironside canceledThe original Ironside lasted for eight seasons on NBC but the remake only lasted three episodes. The peacock network has cancelled the Blair Underwood drama and will pull it after next week. It’s unclear what will become of the low-rated show’s unaired episodes.

For the immediate future, NBC will fill the Wednesdays at 10pm timeslot with new editions of Dateline and then, holiday specials.

On January 8th, Chicago PD will premiere. It’s the previously mentioned spin-off of Chicago Fire which currently airs on Tuesdays at 10pm.

Ironside follows a smart and no-nonsense NYPD detective (Blair Underwood) who’s been confined to a wheelchair for the past two years. The rest of the police drama’s cast includes Pablo Schreiber, Spencer Grammer, Neal Bledsoe, Kenneth Choi, and Brent Sexton.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the series has been cancelled?

Jack October 23, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Evidently, NBC has more hit shows on its hands than it can handle.
I really enjoyed this new show. I guess it made the other really
big hits (whatever they are) look bad.

Katrina October 21, 2013 at 9:31 am

Sorry to see this one go. Blair Underwood is a great actor and I think he fit well into this role. I think the network made a bad call on this one.

robycop3 October 20, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Just didn’t have the star power of Raymond Burr nor as good storylines.

Emma October 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I’m really mad, it’s the only good show I’ve seen thus far this premier season and even though the circumstances are unusual, disability is way underrepresented on television and this was a fresh thing that I was glad to see.

Adrienne October 20, 2013 at 1:21 pm

It is so disapointing that the audience of today cannot recognize good TV and acting when they see it. We just don’t seem to have the patience or attention span to give a good drama a chance. This is a good show. It is too bad that the network won’t give it a an opportunity to thrive.

Kara October 20, 2013 at 12:53 am

I like a show and they cancel it. I do not understand where NBCs head is. Oh, right, in a place where the sun don’t shine. Bad move!!!!!

Tha Critic October 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm

It just didn’t even look like it was gonna make it.

SteppingOnShadows October 19, 2013 at 12:54 pm

When I saw the commercial for it, where he orders the cop to shoot the hostage in the leg, I knew it would be bad. If a real cop did that in real life… the NYPD would have been sued for hundreds of millions of dollars.

beveri8469 October 19, 2013 at 3:55 am

imo all networks make plenty of bad decisions for the tv audience.

Ben in Virginia October 19, 2013 at 3:19 am

These network people are out of control!! How can a show have a chance in h*ll if it isn’t even given a chance to draw and audience?? There are literally hundreds of hours of programming in a day to fill and it takes time to work through it to find what you might like to invest time in. 3 episodes is a ridiculously short span of time to decide if a show has what it takes.

Kathy October 18, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I hate that this show didn’t receive better ratings! Blair Underwood is a graduate of Petersburg High School in Petersburg, VA, my hometown, and I truly hoped to see his series make it!

Verna Allen October 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm

It doesn’t seem that only 3 episodes is enough to know whether to cancel or not. I watched all 3 episodes & was looking forward to the 4th & 5th at least. I strongly disagree with your decision. too early!!

Steve October 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I wanted to like this show. But the Blair Underwood character is just too cocky, arrogant, and too much of an ass to be likable. Since the show revolves around him, and he act’s like a jerk, it isn’t worth watching.

Rose October 19, 2013 at 7:08 am

I agree with Steve!

Pikachu October 18, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I KNEW IT!! After seeing the ratings, I knew Ironside would be cancelled!! Now, it’s true!!

monieet October 18, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Bummer, I liked this show and it should have been given a chance to shine. Blair Underwood has not played this kind of character ever; he had me shaking in my boots. Fist The Event and now Ironside. Bad move NBC… BAD MOVE…