Ironside: Cancelled After Three Episodes

Ironside canceledThe original Ironside lasted for eight seasons on NBC but the remake only lasted three episodes. The peacock network has cancelled the Blair Underwood drama and will pull it after next week. It’s unclear what will become of the low-rated show’s unaired episodes.

For the immediate future, NBC will fill the Wednesdays at 10pm timeslot with new editions of Dateline and then, holiday specials.

On January 8th, Chicago PD will premiere. It’s the previously mentioned spin-off of Chicago Fire which currently airs on Tuesdays at 10pm.

Ironside follows a smart and no-nonsense NYPD detective (Blair Underwood) who’s been confined to a wheelchair for the past two years. The rest of the police drama’s cast includes Pablo Schreiber, Spencer Grammer, Neal Bledsoe, Kenneth Choi, and Brent Sexton.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the series has been cancelled?

54 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Cat says

The network did not give this show a chance. I don’t watch much TV, but this was one show I truly looked forward to. The least that should be done is to air the rest of the episodes; let it play out. I thought the story line was great and Blair Underwood was perfect for the part. It was a definite mistake to pull it.

2. Linda says

I agree with everything that Cheryl Bruce so elegantly said. This was a great show on so many levels. This show had a very impressive start, and I looked forward to it each week. I couldn’t believe that it was cancelled after only 3 weeks. Does EVERYTHING have to be done so fast? Not COMPLETELY satisfied?,…. move on!!! America and Americans need to learn patience and not just look for ‘instant gratification’ in every single thing that they do – (including choosing TV shows). The networks should take a look at the reality TV shows that they keep feeding us. What CRAP!!! Let’s get back to shows with integrity, truth, and good stories, (not just the best ‘candid camera’ laughable incidents that last a matter of minutes until the next ‘tweeted’ message comes along).

3. Mich says

Definitely this show was not given enuff time on the air. I kept waiting for the new episodes and then found out today that it has been cancelled. BIG MISTAKE!

4. Jo & Bo says

My husband & I really enjoyed this show it had a different flare from regular police shows. Please bring it back try it on
    thursday night. NOTING IS ON!!!!!!!

5. bre says

My friends and I was really getting into Ironside. It was entertaining and we enjoyed Blair. Put it back on, there are other show that should be canceled but they are still on, go figure

6. carm says

My husband and I liked this program . .network did not give it inside a chance .better than some of the other programs. Hope it inside is brought back

7. Cheryl Bruce says

My husband and I love the show. It was always well acted, had interesting plots, and the main characters were developing nicely. With all the vampire, werewolf, witch, and supernatural shows out there, it was good to have this solid, “human drama” that focused on intelligence, skill, strong will/determination, and coping skills to overcome personal, physical, and emotional problems while getting the job done. Seeing the characters struggle with adversity as they found ways to lead, follow, and work together to “save the day” was genuinely inspiring. Young adults need shows like this to demonstrate that it’s integrity/good character (not good hair, cool clothes, or swag) that truly make you a success. I hope another network picks up Ironside…we definitely want to see more!

8. Julie Wargolet says

My husband and I loved Ironside. We thought it was a fun, smart and entertaining show. I would love to see it come back, but at least air the unsen episodes

9. Alan says

NBC never gave “Ironside” a chance. Most people were still checking out the new fall schedule on the various networks and stations. Get real!

And now you tell us that it is to be replaced in January by a “Chicago Fire” spinoff? Oh, no. Please not another severely over-dramatized emotionally immature crime drama! “Chicago PD”–Ugh!!