It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season Nine Ratings

its always sunny ratingsFXX is a new cable channel but It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has already been renewed through season 10. There seems to be no chance that the show will be cancelled but it’s still fun to watch the ratings. Will FXX regret the advance renewal? We shall see.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia revolves around five underacheivers who run Paddy’s Pub in South Philadelphia. The sitcom features the talents of Charlie Day, Danny DeVito, Glenn Howerton, Kaitlin Olson, and Rob McElhenney.

The ratings are usually the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically on Thursdays.

Update: This series returns TBD 2014.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The eighth season (on FX) averaged a 0.7 demo rating with 1.07 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the It’s Always Sunny TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or continue after season 10?

steve October 9, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I do not think theses ratings are correct. No way. Almost Everybody I talk to watches the show or knows somebody who watches it.

rosemarie January 29, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Love this show, I think its the funniest show on TV. I would hate to see it canceled because of the fxx crap. The show should go on forever and I would continue to watch, there’s always something to laugh at and the actors/writers are the best. Having a star like Danny DeVito just brings the show to a whole new level of hysterical. Season 9 episode “Flowers for Charlie” was one of my all time fave’s, that scene at the end with the wheelchair OMG I was dying laughing so hard. Don’t ever cancel it FOX, I’m sure there would be other networks who would love to pick this up from you!

Anonymous November 4, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Best show on TV. I cannot believe the ratings are not higher!

Anonymous November 3, 2013 at 2:14 am

i love its always sunny in philly

The Shape October 12, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Not watch it…..just download it bro. 720p releases are the best anyhow.

georgel September 26, 2013 at 9:13 am

What do you expect from fox company. They make bad decisions all the time and moving to fxx where most people dont get it is a big mistake. Will they move it again or will it eventually be cancelled because of their stupidity.

Justin Folk September 25, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I love It’s Always Sunny. However, with its move to FXX I am not able to watch new episodes. I understand moving the League and Sunny to the new station will bring people to complain to their cable provider to get FXX added, but I despise the idea. I have watched this show since the beginning and HATE that it was moved to FXX. I hope that FXX fails somehow but I am sure the big wigs will say it is the shows and not the fact that FXX is not available to most people.