Jane by Design: ABC Family Orders Eight More Episodes

Jane by Design more episodesABC Family has ordered eight more episodes of their freshman TV series Jane by Design. The additional installments will be added onto the first season of 10 episodes.

The last of the original 10 episodes airs next Tuesday at 9pm. The eight episodes will run during the summer months, along with the cable channel’s new seriesBaby Daddy (a comedy), Bunheads (a drama) and Beverly Hills Nannies (a reality series).

The additional episode order comes after ABC Family’s announcement that Jane by Design finished this month as the top Tuesday series at 9pm among female teens and as the top scripted series at 9pm among females 12-34.

Jane by Design stars Erica Dasher as a eclectic high-schooler who finds herself working in the world of high fashion following a case of mistaken identity. Andie MacDowell co-stars as her high-pressure boss, Gray Chandler Murray. Other castmembers include India De Beaufort, Matthew Atkinson, Meagan Tandy, Nicholas Roux, and Rowly Dennis.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Jane by Design? Will you be watching the summer episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

23 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. RL says

I’m bummed. I’ve been waiting for new episodes and was wondering when they were going to be on. However, I just found out that the show was cancelled. It was so much more entertaining than Bunheads.

2. Dana says

I know this is a late comment but I just watched the last episode of JBD on netflix and I’m anxious for more! PLEASE bring it back!

3. Stephanie says

My girls and I enjoy watching it together. Hope it keeps on going. It’s fun and keeps us anxious to see the next episode.

4. sabryna stpierre says

OK IM NOT HERE TO JUDGE THIS SHOW BECAUSE I NEVER WATCHED IT, BUT ID DO ANYTHING TO BRING BACK THE NINE LIVES OF CHLOE KING! SO BRING BACK THE NINE LIVES OF CHLOE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jasmine Hill says

uhm, u are crazy, the 9 lives of chloe king was stupid, and ridicolous, it was a okay concept and plot, HORRIBLE execution, it was the cheesiest most cliche worst show i have EVER seen, i could barely get past the first episode, and believe me i tried, because i love everything abc family, except of course ‘secret life’

5. Anastasia says

I’d really hate to see them go. Fallen in love with all the characters, but most of all, Billy. I hope Nick will find many other job openings in shows/movies.

6. Anonymous says

this is my favorite show ever i was freaking out last tuesday because make it or break it was on instead

7. Lola says

Love this show and where it’s heading, maybe Chloe King could air again.
    But definately be watching JBD!!!

8. Kat says

Double life? Chloe’s got nine! Maybe Chloe King should get uncancelled and aired alongside this show. *shameless plug*

9. Georgia says

This is one of my favorite shows. It is just a show to watch and enjoy. It feels like a bit of happiness.

10. Claudia says

JBD is a really good show. I enjoy watching it and look forward to Tuesday nights. I hope it continues.

11. Angel says

I adore the JBD cast, and the show is just amusing!! I hope they keep it going.. The chemistry between Jane and Billy is great, and the brother is a trip…