Jane By Design: Should It Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

ABC Family TV show Jane by Design canceled or renewedTonight, ABC Family airs the last episode of the first season of Jane By Design. Will the show be cancelled or be given a second season instead?

Jane By Design follows a quirky teenager who has a unique fashion sense. By chance, she gets hired at a hip fashion house and must juggle her job responsibilities while still attending high school. The cast includes Erica Dasher, Andie MacDowell, Rowly Dennis, India de Beaufort, Ser’Darius Blain, Brooke Lyons, Nick Roux, Meagan Tandy, Matthew Atkinson, and David Clayton Rogers.

The TV series debuted in January to 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The numbers for week two dropped about 30% but came back up again in weeks three and four.

ABC Family initially ordered 10 installments and those finished airing on March 6th. Rather than renew Jane By Design for a second season, the cable channel ordered eight more installments to be added to season one.

Those started airing in June and, to date, the first season of Jane By Design has averaged 1.29 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating.

Will it be cancelled or renewed? That’s hard to say. It’s the worst performing scripted series on ABC Family right now — but not by much. The latest episodes have performed about as well as the first batch, when ABC Family seemed happy enough with the numbers to order more episodes.

It’s not a positive indication that ABC Family hasn’t renewed it yet but a renewal could still be forthcoming. Either way, we’ll let you know as soon as we hear some news about the show’s fate.

But, what do you think? Should Jane By Design be renewed for a second season or cancelled? How does it compare to the other shows on ABC Family?

megan January 4, 2013 at 11:56 pm

PUT IT BACK ON!!!! BILLY AND JANE HAVE TO FINNALY REALIZE THEY ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER!!!

Gina January 4, 2013 at 8:37 pm

You really need to put Jane By Design back on. It was a fun show to watch. To see Jane going from school to work was fun to watch. It’s not like watching guns and fights. This was a real nice show to watch. PUT IT BACK ON THERE ARE SOME OF US THAT LIKED IT. LET ME KNOW HOW TO RATE A SHOW I WOULD DO IT. THE NETWORKS ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT THE RATINGS . I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO RATES THESE SHOWS. ONE MORE TIME BRING IT BACK ON..

Christa January 1, 2013 at 1:15 am

IF THEY DONT BRING THIS SHOW BACK IM NEVER GONNA WATCH ABC AGAIN!! UGHHHHHH

Christa January 1, 2013 at 1:13 am

Renewed please i beg of you!!! i love this show so much it kills me!! i wanna know whats gonna happen please bring jane by design back!!

Anita December 31, 2012 at 7:50 pm

i love the show and it should have a 2 season at lease bc i would to know what happens to jane its a great show please bring it back..

destinee December 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I don’t why they need to remove the show, i mean i have been waiting for this show to come back on … So please put it please back on ABC family it a really good show i mean it is better then baby daddy!!

Diana Rivera December 18, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I enjoyed watching Jane by Design, and I am 47, ABC family could have cancelled the other shows that are boring and stupid

Anonymous December 8, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I Totally Loved Jane By Design!!!! It was so awsome!!! And now that ABC Family cancelled it is ridiculous. It Leaves you clueless about what happens next in the show. I really hate that. The show was great. Should of kept it going. I Say Bring it Back.

Norah November 28, 2012 at 2:37 am

this is ridiculous!! I agree with these young women!! I’m a single, 36 year old mother who finally finds a great show to watch on ABC Family and I even got some of the men in my family hooked and now you guys want to cancel a GREAT show!! You can count me in too..If you cancel it..you’ll lose a lot of viewers!! Has it ever occured to the NETWORKS that times are hard now and some of us get together @ other’s homes to watch the show..not everybody can afford cable or even TV..do your ratings by internet or something..there was 27 of us who got together to watch the show..now u lost 27!! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!! PPLLEEAASSEE?!?!

Samantha November 26, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I’m getting pretty sick and tired of ABC Family constantly cancelling shows before they even get a chance, but yet they keep that one show. the Secret lives of the American teenager or whatever about the 16 year old who got pregnant. That’s been on like what 5 or some years now, that is one that should’ve been cancelled, but NOOOOO they gotta keep cancelling shows I actually liked. Such as 10 things I hate about you….. Jane by design… and Nine Lives of Chloe King. I’m pretty urked about it.

Angela November 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I have been checking the net everyday for updates hoping there would be news about the show being renewed…
I swear it’s the best show in the whole ABC Family that I’ve ever watched! please tell them not to cancel the show!!!
Or if they do, they suck! (fingers crossed)

destinee December 30, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Thank you!!

Taya November 13, 2012 at 9:32 pm

They cancel this show I WILL NEVER WATCH ANOTHER ABC FAMULY SHOW AGAIN!!!! I AM SO UPSET!!!! GRRRRRRRR……,.

Angery ABC FAMILY VIEWER November 8, 2012 at 2:42 am

If Abc Family cancells this show i will promise to never watch a show on that channel ever again. This was the best show series on ABC and once this show is cancelled, so is my ABC FAMILY viewing. Ill even start a group of followers at my school that will resign from watching any ABC programs.

Taya November 13, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I KNOW ME TWO!! THAT CAN’T DO THIS IT’S LIKE MY FAVOURITE SHOW!!!

Anonymous November 7, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I’ll be soo upset! I have been waiting for this next season for soooo long better bring back abc!! Or another viewer will be losed!

Anonymous November 5, 2012 at 3:56 am

Seriously if this show is not coming back im cancelling ABC for sure!!
BAD MOVE!!!!!!1