Jane By Design: Cancelled; No Season Two

Jane By Design season two canceledIt looked like the fate of Jane By Design could go either way but ABC Family has now decided to cancel the TV series. The drama ran for one season of 18 episodes.

Jane By Design tells the tale of a quirky teenager who has a unique fashion sense. She gets hired by chance at a hip fashion house and must learn to juggle her demanding new job while still attending high school. The cast includes Erica Dasher, Andie MacDowell, Rowly Dennis, India de Beaufort, Ser’Darius Blain, Brooke Lyons, Nick Roux, Meagan Tandy, Matthew Atkinson, and David Clayton Rogers.

The ABC Family series premiered in January to 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The numbers for week two dropped about 30%. The numbers fluctuated week-to-week but viewership never got that high again.

ABC Family initially ordered 10 installments and those finished airing on March 6th. Rather than renew Jane By Design for a second season, the cable channel ordered eight more installments to be added to season one.

The first season ended up averaging 1.29 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating. Jane By Design ended up being the lowest-rated drama of the current crop. and fans understandably became nervous when the finale aired in late July and a renewal hadn’t materialized. We now know it won’t be forthcoming.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Jane By Design has been cancelled? What were you hoping to see in season two?

Anonymous August 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm

This is horrible! I loved this show so much and i am so sad to see it go :( there will never be another show like this one that i love this much. We were left completely hanging! Please abc family, can u do a second season?

Emma August 19, 2012 at 3:07 pm

This is terrible! I loved Jane By Design. It’s the best show on ABC Family, and it DESERVES a second season. I can’t believe they ended it.

Stephanie August 19, 2012 at 9:12 am

Amazing show I’m so sad

Davers August 18, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Wow. This show is about to debut here in canada on ABC Spark next week (or soon). But seeing it is cancelled I wont bother. I hate getting into shows I know wont last.

Anonymous August 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Please renew!

Anonymous August 18, 2012 at 11:55 am

I can’t believed they canceled Jane by design; I loved that show and looked forwarded to watching it every week. They should at least finish the story and not leave it on a cliff hanger. They should cancel another show instead, like Secret life (honestly people! we all lived through high school and experience the drama; and if not we have an idea. A life of a teenager is not that secret.)

Brandy August 18, 2012 at 7:31 am

I hate that they cancelled it & ended it on a cliffhanger.Im surprised they didn’t mention Beverly Hills Nannies with the other renewals, back order pickups & Janes cancellation, I wonder what they’ll do with it- I expect it’ll be cancelled too(it should be as its ratings are worse than Miobi or JBD).I wonder when well hear about it, maybe after its seasons over like JBD &NLoCK?

Bernadette August 18, 2012 at 7:10 am

This is the saddest thing that’s happens to me. The fact that Jane will forever be the sad and alone high schooler with a great double life, makes me sad for Jane. This was the best show on ABC Family cause it wasn’t like all the other ones. My cousin, Alexandra Chando, is on The Lying Game and they didn’t have a good fan base but THEY got a second season. If I could I would rather Jane By Design get a second season than my own cousins show. Maybe they should make Jane By Design into a webseries? Have ABC Family try something new…all I want is to see the casts beautiful faces on a screen again….

Abygail August 18, 2012 at 3:42 am

OMG IM GONNA DIEEEEEE :( does this mean no more jane by design ?????? I HOPE ANOTHER CHANNEL PICKS IT UP :((((((((

Anonymous August 18, 2012 at 2:26 am

BAH! NO! NO! NO! NO!

mia August 17, 2012 at 5:25 pm

i wanted to see how jane got out of the lies, and what happened to her and billy’s friendship. they left us on a complete cliffhanger and all fans are furious. who cares about ratings? no one. we loved that show. it was completely amazing. and abc family if you see this, know that you’ve made many people upset. honestly, cancel bunheads or stop making secret life. jbd was my 2nd favorite show on your channel besides pll. so thanks a whole lot for ruining my day. kbye.

Tony(UK) August 17, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Very disappointed with this decision. I found this to be a very enjoyable program to watch.

Brandy August 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm

This is too bad, was a good show.

Elizabeth August 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I am so sad!!! it was so good and too many things were left unfinished and its not fair!!! Can another channel pick it up? It was at a horrible spot anyway!

casgirl3 August 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

WHAT! Loved Jane By Design…this just sucks….