Jane By Design: Cancelled; No Season Two

Jane By Design season two canceledIt looked like the fate of Jane By Design could go either way but ABC Family has now decided to cancel the TV series. The drama ran for one season of 18 episodes.

Jane By Design tells the tale of a quirky teenager who has a unique fashion sense. She gets hired by chance at a hip fashion house and must learn to juggle her demanding new job while still attending high school. The cast includes Erica Dasher, Andie MacDowell, Rowly Dennis, India de Beaufort, Ser’Darius Blain, Brooke Lyons, Nick Roux, Meagan Tandy, Matthew Atkinson, and David Clayton Rogers.

The ABC Family series premiered in January to 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The numbers for week two dropped about 30%. The numbers fluctuated week-to-week but viewership never got that high again.

ABC Family initially ordered 10 installments and those finished airing on March 6th. Rather than renew Jane By Design for a second season, the cable channel ordered eight more installments to be added to season one.

The first season ended up averaging 1.29 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating. Jane By Design ended up being the lowest-rated drama of the current crop. and fans understandably became nervous when the finale aired in late July and a renewal hadn’t materialized. We now know it won’t be forthcoming.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Jane By Design has been cancelled? What were you hoping to see in season two?

Anonymous October 15, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Keep Jane by design I love the show !!!

Luna October 15, 2012 at 4:39 am

You guys shouldn’t cancel the show.It’s amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring them back

makeyla October 7, 2012 at 12:47 am

Bring Jane by design back this show rocked!!! I’m done with ABC FAMILY if this show is not renewed there is in-answered questions!!!

Aychely October 3, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Please do not cancel the show i love this show its the best show ever on ABC i love how the story is how it could end i just imagine jane and billy figuring out that they are made for each other.. Please do not cancel it!!

Alexys October 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I think they should make a season 2!!!!! It’s an AMAZING show and I am really gonna miss it!!!

kathleen September 25, 2012 at 2:32 pm

This was a great show. I thought it was fun and innocent but also had a great message about responsibility, work ethic and professional drive.

So sorry to see it go. It was going to be a great option for my tween daughters.

K

sheila terry September 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm

why oh why would you cancel a good show like this ?? with all the garbage that is on tv this show you get rid of wake up — my grand daughter loved this show so much., I would tape it and the next day we would watch it with all her friends. you could have at least let Billy play out his passion or run it for another year. u gave up too soon. Next bun heads

Anonymous September 19, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Noooo!!! They should not have canceled this show!!!

Anonymous September 19, 2012 at 12:04 am

omg this show is great it is so stupid for them to cancel it
i saw the first eposode and fell in love with it. iwas looking forward to seeing jane and billy together.and this is one of my favorite show i watshed this over and over again on netflix

DF September 10, 2012 at 3:33 am

Cancelling this great show was a stupid move. Finally something with a little substance and boom cancelled. I’m so sick of all these new network heads, none of them seem to know what the heck their doing. In this age of internet and tivo and dvr, the networks need to let the new shows have a little extra time to get a footing. I’m just about at the point of giving up on television all together.

Lorena September 7, 2012 at 8:23 am

NO, JAne by design, should not have been canceled. Really bunheads was renewed, who watchs that? I was hoping for things to finally heat up with Jane and billy. For there first kiss to be both sweet and occurred. PLEASE renew season 2. Why is that when ever I start getting into a show it gets canceled abc family sucks.

Frustrated DC Girl September 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm

So frustrating. I loved this show. Every time I get used to a show it gets cancelled. Bring it back!!!!!

Mary September 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm

SAD! No more Jane, Jeremy, Ben and (wipes tears) Billy?!?! Life ain’t fair!

JBD-is-great September 2, 2012 at 5:47 am

I seriously loved this show! To be honest Jane was actually inspiring me a bit. I was so in love with this show and then BAM…there’s no season two…this is really disappointing. How can someone not like Jane by design??

De August 31, 2012 at 4:03 am

I am angry!!!! Every show I start to watch, they pull the plug. I’m getting tired of even trying to invest in tv because every time you like something. BLAM! It’s gone. What are the higher rated shows????? I think most of what’s on is crap. I think Jane could be toned down and made more appropriate for a younger crowd.