Jane By Design

ABC Family Jane by Design TV showNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 3, 2012 – July 31, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Erica Dasher, Andie MacDowell, Rowly Dennis, India de Beaufort, Ser’Darius Blain, Brooke Lyons, Nick Roux, Meagan Tandy, Matthew Atkinson, and David Clayton Rogers.

past TV show

TV show description:
Jane Quimby (Erica Dasher) is a quirky teen with an eclectic chic fashion sense who’s trying to survive the perils of high school. When mistaken for someone else, Jane gets the chance of a lifetime to live out her dreams of working at a hip fashion house, Donovan Decker. Now she must juggle her double life and hope she doesn’t get caught.

Jane’s boss is steely fashion executive Gray Chandler Murray (Andie MacDowell) who travels the world in search of the next big style trend. With a full schedule and a lot of demand, Gray expects nothing but perfection from her new assistant.

Two of Jane’s co-workers are Jeremy Jones (Rowly Dennis) and India Jourdain (India de Beaufort). Jeremy is a charming and handsome senior designer who’s known as a ladies’ man around the office. He quickly takes a liking to Jane. Meanwhile, India does her best to make Jane’s life difficult at the fashion house, seeing her as just a bump in the road to what she ultimately wants. India is an associate designer and Gray’s former assistant who’s now gunning for Gray’s job. Other co-workers include Carter (Ser’Darius Blain) and Birdie (Brooke Lyons).

Helping Jane at school is Billy Nutter (Nick Roux), her best friend from childhood. He would do anything for Jane but is secretly dating her high school nemesis, Lulu Pope (Meagan Tandy). Nick Fadden (Matthew Atkinson) is Jane’s long standing school crush. The popular jock hasn’t paid much attention to Jane but something new about her starts to pique his interest.

Jane’s older brother, Ben Quimby (David Clayton Rogers), quit college to move home to take care of Jane after their father passed away. Ben finds himself in over his head when it comes to the parental role. He tries to make money by getting various jobs but they never work out — until he lands a job as the athletic assistant at Jane’s school.

space

Series Finale

Episode #18 — The Bonus Check
After a heart-to-heart with Jane, Jeremy decides to help his friend out and deliver the designs to Harrods. They’re a success and, when Jane returns from London, Gray rewards her with a bonus check for her work in getting Jeremy and his designs to Harrods in time to save the collaboration. Jane is excited to be able to use the extra cash to buy a new car.

The Whitemarsh school play is quickly approaching and Jane must scramble to repair the costumes that have been destroyed at the house party she threw with Billy. The play is also having major financial problems so Jane decides to save the day. She uses her bonus check for the play and claims that it came from Donovan Decker instead of her.

Meanwhile, Ben returns to find that Jane has been home alone and that Rita still has feelings for him. Eli tells Jane he slept with someone else. India and Jeremy reunite.

Back at Whitemarsh High, thanks to Jane’s generous donation (and some help from Carter and Eli with the costumes), the school play is able to go on. But, right before the big night Nick hurts his ankle so Billy fills in as Prince Charming. The play is a success with Billy as Prince Charming and Zoe as his Cinderella.

Unknown to Jane however, Gray and Eli are in the audience. Gray takes note of the amazing costumes and wants to meet the person behind them. She’s shocked when she comes face to face with the designer and it’s Jane.
First aired: July 31, 2012

space
What do you think? Do you like Jane By Design? Are you upset that the TV series has been cancelled? How many seasons do you think it should have aired?

Anonymous January 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Abc family is stupid. I loved this show and it left you on a cliffhanger.

Shamicka January 14, 2013 at 2:51 am

This show was a great source of outlet for me to enjoy with my family and friends. So now the show has been cancelled ABC FAMILY production need to re-think about there decision by allowing this wonderful, entertaining, creativity, and unique in every possible way. I was truly in love with this show and not I can’t no longer enjoy. This is such a huge dis— point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ABC Y’ALL SUCK like really suck!!!!!

Tammie January 10, 2013 at 10:58 am

TOO BAD! I LOVED IT! I WAS WAITING FOR IT TO COME BACK ON!

Bek January 5, 2013 at 3:18 am

I just got done marathon watching the first season on Netflix. Was trying to find out when the next season would start. Secret Circle and now Jane by Design? Really??? Both creative and fun shows, especially Jane.

ABC, you continually dissapoint.

Becky November 30, 2012 at 9:44 am

Too bad this show was cancelled….I watched it every week….a little far-fetched but a good family show…I enjoyed watching it.

Daniel Martin December 17, 2012 at 2:58 pm

My whole family loved this show, clean fun series. I will avoid watching ABC sick of them not giving shows with clean fun a chance.

Mickey November 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Just noticed Jane by Design is off the air. Loved the show. I guess they cancel anything creative, clean and fun nowadays. It was fun to watch with my daughter, which embodied their logo ABC Family, since we watched it as a family. Maybe, they should change their logo. Whatever, happened to acting anymore, I guess they need to make room for another dumb reality series.

katelyne November 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I loved this show and hated that it only had one season!!!!!!!!

Tanya November 18, 2012 at 1:23 am

Another ABC Family show cancelled! OMG why are they cancelling all these shows. Jane By Design is such a great and cute show. I enjoyed watching it very much, even more when Teri Hatcher came on as Jane’s mother. This is just one of the many shows that I loved watching on this network that is cancelled. I understand rating is an issue but they really need to get on board with getting ratings from recorded shows. I never watch anything live all my shows are recorded. Its so upsetting, especially when they already cancelled “Nine Lives Of Chloe King” which was one of my favorite shows. Its so upsetting to see shows you love cancelled. I hope they take it easy on these shows, they’re are people out there who do watch you know.

lila November 1, 2012 at 3:17 am

Just found out that this show was cancelled. Very disappointed. This was one of my favorite shows. I loved every episode of it. I have no idea why they would want to cancel this show. They should at least gave us one more season of it. I mean, come on, we didn’t even get a real ending. The show left off on a cliffhanger. What about all the fans who really enjoyed the show? We want to see more of it. I hate this. Every time I start to get to really liking a show, it gets cancelled. What’s the point of even watch new shows if they are all just gonna get cancelled? I am really upset by this. It makes me mad cause I was looking up when the second season was coming on cause I was really looking forward to it, then I see ‘jane by design was canceled august 17′. >:( every freaking time I like a show! Baby bob, shit my dad says, no ordianry family, tower prep, secret circle, kyle xy, whistler, that show about the doctor who saw his dead ex gf! There are more, but I can’t think of the names right now. Words can’t express how disappointed I am right now.

janet weismore October 24, 2012 at 9:57 am

i agree with all of u this was one of the shows that i always looked forward to but then they cancel it. that sucks. very disapointed with this news.

Melissa October 24, 2012 at 8:26 am

Cannot believe they did not renew this show! Was AWESOME! Best show in some time. Very sad and disappointed that they did not take it to the next level:(

Laura October 15, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Absolutely LOVED this show. Super depressed they cancelled it. Couldn’t believe it. : (

Mariely October 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I completely agree!! I loved this show and I’m so upset its been cancelled. They should have at least given it a second season. I mean really compared to some of the stuff that has been on this network this was definitely top tier.

kelly October 1, 2012 at 7:43 pm

NOOOOO! this is one of the only reasons why I like Tuesdays! at the least, it should have had a season or two more!

Suzanne September 27, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Can’t believe they cancelled this show! Loved it. Not very happy about it.