JONAS LA: Disney Channel TV Show Cancelled; No Season Three

JONAS LAThe Jonas brothers may still be popular with the younger set but apparently not enough of them are interested in watching the JONAS TV show. Disney has cancelled the series after 34 episodes and two seasons on the air.

The sitcom began running on the Disney Channel in May 2009 and was a moderate success. JONAS was renewed for a second season but revamped into JONAS LA with the guys moving from the East to West Coast. The first season was made up of 21 installments and Disney ordered a more tentative 13 episodes the second time around.

While the show has averaged a 3.7 million viewers in season two, that’s clearly not meeting the cable channel’s expectations, especially considering the singers’ name recognition. Hannah Montana attracted 7.1 million viewers on Sunday.

A Disney spokesperson told The Wrap that the series’ end was planned, saying, “We’ve been fortunate to work with the enormously talented Jonas Brothers on several projects… The series has concluded as scheduled after two very successful seasons, and all original episodes of its second season have aired… We look forward to working with them on new projects in the future.”

The series finale of JONAS LA, titled “Band of Brothers,” aired on October 3rd and attracted 3.5 million viewers.

What do you think? Why wasn’t the show a bigger success? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

79 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anoyomous says

I loved the Jonas show! I just started watching it on YouTube and I’m already finished with it all. I absolutely love it! It needs to air again because I will definitely watch it!

2. Mia says

That was a really good show that I loved while growing up! I totally miss it! Wish it came back!! # sad face:(. Disney cancels the best shows!! # STILL WISHING!!!

3. Mia says

4. nidhi says

i think this show too has been cancelled out because disney people were tired of making shows that people really loved so they decided to make only one fake ,stupid ,silly,disgusting and the show that teenagers would get tired of seeing and that is none other that “DOREMON” .hope that there mission accomplished successes-fully and now they are happy by closing all the really good shows…and that’s what i think of them…

5. E R O N I K says

YES!!! im glad they cancelled the show sucked and i hate them they think their so popular,i dont know why girls like them their so fake and im also glad demi lovato isint with joe jonas anymore………maybe shell go out wit me….lol

6. says

Imiss you move jonas la joe jonas nick jonas kevin jonas get no season 3 2012,2013
    no school homework ack know you do you like TV show at jonas la season 4/5 finale
    band of brothers nick jonas kevin jonas joe jonas tv show finale move you like get final

7. Anonymous says

I was never a fan of the Jonas Brothers but the show wasn’t all that bad. And to me, a little over 3 mill viewers Isn’t all bad. Did it HAVE TO B LIKE HANNAH MONTANA? Not really. But personally I liked the first season before L.A. better. It was more comedy and they acted like themselves and had a lifestyle like how normal teens would. Like school and they lived a fun life and were all crazy;) But, when Jonas L.A. came out, there was so much dating and drama. A bunch of drama. It actually reminded me of Degrassi a bit. And especially with the thing at the beginning of each ep were the voice talked fast and told u what happend previously. I’ve seen that a LOT on Degrassi and Glee. But….that’s my opinion