Justice: FOX Throws Out Court Drama

cast of Justice on FoxFollowing on the heels of last week’s cancellations of the Happy Hour sitcom and The Rich List game show, FOX has announced that another of its new shows is leaving the air.

Justice debuted on Wednesday, August 30th to high expectations. The network had been showing fast-paced promos of the Victor Garber series all summer long but it still failed to attract big numbers. The highly anticipated premiere was watched by only 8.6 million viewers.

Justice followed a diverse group of lawyers as they worked at a prestigious Los Angeles law firm. Each episode started at the beginning of a trial and followed it through until the verdict. Then viewers were shown, via flashbacks, what actually happened at the time of the crime.

Like many FOX series, Justice took a break during the World Series (after five episodes). When it returned, FOX began airing it on Monday nights, opposite NBC’s popular Heroes and replacing Vanished (which was moved to Friday nights). Three episodes have aired on Monday nights. The most recent episode drew only 4.2 million households, about half of lead-in Prison Break’s audience.

With that in mind, its no surprise that FOX has announced that the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced courtroom drama has been pulled from the schedule effective immediately. The network isn’t calling it a cancellation right now. The FOX website lists that the show will return on December 11th, but the word is that it will not return for very long or at all.

Eight episodes of Justice have aired thus far and production is expected continue on the rest of the 13 episodes of FOX’s order. There is no word as yet if the series or any individual episodes will be released on DVD or online via FOX’s website.

11/17/06 UPDATE: FOX has officially cancelled Vanished and Justice will instead return on Friday, December 1st. No new word on how long it will continue to air. TV Series Finale home page

iris January 20, 2009 at 1:24 pm

i absolutely loved this show justice i wish it would come back it was awesome i loved how they would show what really happened in the end BRING IT BACK PLEASE THANKS

stay@homemom August 25, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Please bring it back!!!
I’ts much better than some of those other reality shows , maybe they should bump
one of those off I mean some are O.K. but for the must part they’re a waste of air time. Fox should get they’re crap together And put JUSTICE back on the air.

Evalyn August 21, 2008 at 5:31 am

How can you cancel it cuz just you don’t like it!!!!!!
we want it come back
Bring it back !!!!!!!!

Charlotte August 3, 2008 at 1:24 am

I live in Korea and justice has aired for only like a few episodes and is getting so many FANS. I loved it from the first episode I saw on OCN. Even if fox isn’t going to take this show up, I am praying that some other network will consider making more Justice episodes. I was disappointed to find out that it was cancelled. More like devastated. It’s the only real law/crime TV show I’ve enjoyed. It’s so much better than CSI.

You know, Justice has only been on for a few episodes but Justice has made a lot of loyal fans. I really only hope it’ll come back.

Maria July 8, 2008 at 12:10 am

This was good show we saw it as a family. It was kind of a game for us trying to guess who was right. I would still like to see it come back and have a second go at it. I think it deserves a second chance

nicola April 15, 2008 at 9:17 pm

I LOVED this show. I personally believe it was the best law drama on tv since The Practice. My husband even watched Justice and he does ot like courtroom dramas at all. Please bring it back. Was FOX trying to discourage viewers? The show was on then off due to the World Series then on again, but on a different night? What’s up with that?

JB December 18, 2007 at 8:28 am

I loved this show please release it on DVD.

Francis December 11, 2007 at 5:26 am

Come on!

I was encouraged to take up Law because of this drama. :)

Dont let a good show drain down the sink!

Bring ‘em back!

james December 10, 2007 at 11:01 pm

aaaaaaaaaah what a disappointment! am living in China and i can still relate to this show! it took me sometime to find it and suddenly am starting to enjoy it they pull it out of air! PLEASE RETURN THE SHOW COZ ITS REAL! we r not all abt heroes and sh*t

Jen November 19, 2007 at 10:31 pm

bring it back bring it back!!!!!! greatest coutroom serie ever t-t

sean November 9, 2007 at 10:04 am

how can they cancel Justice it is the greatest show on t.v im from the uk and have onli started to get into it. I actually stay into watch it. its one of the greatest shows on t.v I SAY GET A PETITION STARTED

Sandy November 7, 2007 at 7:42 pm

bring it back! the show totally complemented my coursework in law school! i figured out evidence because of JUSTICE!

Virginia October 28, 2007 at 5:50 am

Justice is the BEST show EVER!!!!!! Ten times better than Shark which airs on CBS. Bring Justice back!!!!
Just as one person stated earlier is ranks right up there with 24 and House. It even ranks up there with American Idol. Fox is crazy for cancelling this show.
Please Bring it Back!!!!!

emma October 27, 2007 at 6:31 am

we want justice back!

Chris October 5, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Justice is the best show my wife and I have seen in a very very long time. First of all why would they change the night up on us we were watching consistantly then poof it was gone!!! no wonder it lost ratings when it came back on… CAUSE NO ONE COULD FIND IT MORRONS.