Justified: FX Series Ending with Season Six

JUSTIFIED: endingAt today’s FX presentation at the TCA winter press tour, FX head John Landgraf said that Justified would be ending with season six. He noted that the decision came from series creator/executive producer Graham Yost and star Timothy Olyphant.

Landgraf said, “They felt that the arc of the show and what they had to say would be best served by six years, six seasons instead of seven. So regretfully I accepted their decision.”

Season five of Justified began airing last Tuesday and the premiere was down by 21% year-to-year. It drew 2.84 million viewers versus season four’s 3.59 million.

For the record, FX had not officially announced that Justified would be coming back for a sixth year.

What do you think? Do you like this series? Do you think the time is right to end it?

BUD CARTER July 14, 2014 at 11:38 am

WHY, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT MEETS WHAT???? ONE OF THE ONLY GOOD ONES LEFT.

Glenwood Hollon June 26, 2014 at 2:15 pm

started watching middle of season 3 haven’t missed a show and caught up on reruns and dvds I really hate to see it end. ps. I live near Lexington, Ky. so I enjoy the scenes .

kathy April 29, 2014 at 12:29 am

please keep this show. we need good shows like this! please!!!

Geoff April 23, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Please keep Justified on the air for as loooong as possible. It is my Walker, Texas Ranger of the ninties. Justified reminds me of my childhood watching Walker, Texas Ranger. Please, please, please keep it on the air.

DONNA April 16, 2014 at 11:19 pm

NO NO NO it is The best show on !!!!! Please no

Barry Rucker April 9, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I think Justified has alot of unexplored ground left. Kentucky is a big place and Harlan is not the only spot for bad guys. justified is the best show on TV and I really hate to see it end.

Judy April 8, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I believe that Justified should be renewed for Season 6.
I am a fan of Justified, and after watching for 5 seasons
I would hope that FX would tie up loose ends before
the T.V. series finale- i.e. Raylan being a father, and
what happens to the Chief (Nick Searcy)- he happens
to be my favorite character after Raylan Givens.
I was disappointed because we never got to see
Raylan in his role as father and bonding with his baby
girl. Also, I think fans want to know what will happen to Ava.
So, please FX bring back Justified for one final season next
year- for all of us devoted fans of Raylan Givens!

William Sands April 8, 2014 at 5:18 am

Best show on. Hate to see it end Oliphant is one hell of an actor. I have all the Deadwood dvds which I hated to see end.

Roselie April 4, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I don’t want to see this show end there are not many good movies on any more raylan please reconsider

James Frazier April 5, 2014 at 1:33 pm

They can’t end this series. There are two many Hillbilly families to bring to justice yet.

Rever family March 31, 2014 at 8:41 pm

We were so saddened to hear of the ending after season 6. We love Raylan and Boyd but if Raylan doesn’t want to continue why can’t you find a replacement, at least TRY to keep the show going?

Zeke Teke March 31, 2014 at 10:08 am

This show has potential to introduce and go in several directions we haven’t seen yet, but when a tv show is really really good like this, I always personally just go with trusting the creators and writers, they know what they are doing.