Justified: FX Series Ending with Season Six

JUSTIFIED: endingAt today’s FX presentation at the TCA winter press tour, FX head John Landgraf said that Justified would be ending with season six. He noted that the decision came from series creator/executive producer Graham Yost and star Timothy Olyphant.

Landgraf said, “They felt that the arc of the show and what they had to say would be best served by six years, six seasons instead of seven. So regretfully I accepted their decision.”

Season five of Justified began airing last Tuesday and the premiere was down by 21% year-to-year. It drew 2.84 million viewers versus season four’s 3.59 million.

For the record, FX had not officially announced that Justified would be coming back for a sixth year.

What do you think? Do you like this series? Do you think the time is right to end it?

Jerry March 31, 2014 at 2:49 am

This is a great series and still has a lot of life in it. The acting is superb and the dialog is delightful. This is one of two shows I make sure to watch, the other is Blacklist.

WOLFMAN March 28, 2014 at 8:57 pm

How can you cancel a show this good and keep shows like the Simpsons. This is a great show , everyone I ask says they like this show.

Barbara March 27, 2014 at 11:27 am

I understand that all good shows do have to end but Justified is just an awesome show!

James Frazier April 2, 2014 at 12:57 am

Justified is one of the best shows on TV and I really look forward to it. I hear Rush Limbaugh and Michael Berry (Houston Talk Show Host) talk about it. Michael even stated that he does not want prime time TV but does watch Justified. I wish that Tim would reconsider and stay on the air for several more years. There is a lot left to be done with Rachael and the sniper as their roles should be expanded. The shows that I will not miss are Justified, Hell on Wheels, Longmire and Person of Interest.

Barbara Gard March 22, 2014 at 3:35 pm

This is a great series and my husband and I as well as many of friends, have been faithful followers since the beginning. We would ALL hate to see the series end.

James Frazier March 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. It is one of the good shows left on TV. I live to watch it, Hell on Wheels and Longmire. I watched Sons of Anarchy but it has gotten a bit too dark at times. But still watch it.

sonya March 5, 2014 at 2:59 am

Please don’t cancel this show. Justified is the only cool thing on tv. We’ve watched this from the beginning so have all our friends. We just love timothy he’s so cool. Plz plz think again let’s just pump it up. Hey you never asked us anyway. Or the people in our town. Please think about it.

Bill February 19, 2014 at 10:55 pm

One of the best written and acted shows on TV. Really wish this show could continue for a few more seasons at least. You TV guys got to leave something for us baby boomer adults to watch. Getting really tired of all these teeny bopper vampire shows and stuff like that. I might just unplug cable all together if this keeps happening. I can watch football at the sports bar.

Stephanie January 30, 2014 at 1:09 am

Love this show! Please don’t end the series. I do however; realize that there are only some many “bad guys” that can be caught or killed. This is the reason that I watch TV on Tuesday!

JustifiedBeth January 23, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Only reason I watch TV on Tuesday beginning in January is to watch “Justified” Please reconsider ending this amazing show. There is so little else worth watching – this has to be saved!! I don’t see how anybody sees who is watching what on their televisions? How do they know viewing was down anyway? Just say it isn’t so!

Jeremy Rynek January 15, 2014 at 6:01 pm

OK, WTF is going on? Why these shows just ending now? I realize that shows shouldn’t go on too long, but I don’t think that 5 or 6 seasons is too long. This is a crock. There are a few shows this could happen to next, but I’m about to give someone ideas.

Chip January 15, 2014 at 11:59 am

First “Burn Notice” now “Justified”. Pretty soon there won’t be anything left to watch…

Juliana January 15, 2014 at 12:27 am

I love the show! It used to be on Showcase which is a channel we get. It is now on Super Channel which we have to pay extra for and, therefore, don’t get to watch it. I wish it would go back to Showcase. Keep the show going … AFTER the 5th and 6th seasons.

rRobert January 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I love Justified. The dank and dark underbelly of the south. I can’t think of another show like it. Great acting…a guilyy pleasure.

Anthony January 14, 2014 at 8:41 pm

All shows have to end sometime, and it’s better to go out on one’s own terms, but this will still make me sad.

michael February 18, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I agree with u completely. but it is sad. running out of things to watch, first breaking bad is gone, dexter, burn notice…. :-(

Angus January 14, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Easily one of the best TV shows ever.