Justified: FX TV Series to be Renewed for Season Three

Justified season threeAccording to Deadline, FX is close to renewing Justified for a third season. The deal with Sony Pictures will likely be in place by the time of FX’s upfront party in New York on Tuesday. Timothy Olyphant and others in the cast are slated to appear at the event.

Though Justified has recently stumbled a bit in the ratings, the numbers for the current season are up when compared to the first season’s. Airing last spring, season one averaged a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.42 million total viewers. This season, Justified has been averaging a 1.0 rating and 2.63 million viewers.

Combining the viewership for multiple airings of each episode, Justified is reportedly drawing about 7.4 million per installment. That’s close to the cumulative numbers for the cable channel’s popular Sons of Anarchy.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this TV series? Would you like to see Justified return for season three?

Linda Ann May 25, 2011 at 11:55 am

I love this show, especialy Timothy…it is well crafted and the writing is awesome…it is the best and most refreshing “good guy bad guy” realistic plot I have seen in a long time-it’s universal in theme ’cause I have never lived in the hills but I do relate to the conflicts and resolutions…and I watch alot of televison and see a lot of movies…keeps me out of strange beds and jail, lnow what I mean…LOL!

This show rocks; if the plots remain as interesting, your viewership will continue to increase. I sing its praises every week…in fact my group and I do “Justified Parties”…wine, cheese and Timothy in “dem” jeans , WOW!!! Can’t wait for season 3, already have dvd sets for seasons one and two. Rock on Justified!

JJ May 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Great Show!

Harry May 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I love this show. Unique, compelling, superb casting, and interesting character study. This show is also quite cultural. In each episode, I feel I am in South. I wish this show will have an another chance for 3rd season installment.

Mark Jones May 12, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Great Show! Hope it gets renewed for many more years. Great action and depth

frantny May 9, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Great show! Bring it back, cant wait to see what happens when Raylan doesnt go to Glencoe…..

Elizabeth May 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm

As a retired cop and having worked in the hills,,, the writers and directors hit the nail on the head with this show. Excellent portrayal of “hillbillies” and how they make their laws as they go along…please renew this show. Hated to sit the queen of the hill mobsters but I am quite sure once Dickey hits the ground again he will try to take his “moma’s” place. Again, hopefully this show will be revised and return.

robert May 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm

excellent show, definitely needs to return, will miss the bennetts killed in finale….GREAT SHOW, boyd and raylon should be able to keep it interesting

andyandstacie May 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm

we love this show cant wait for season 3

Bill Tanner May 6, 2011 at 10:06 am

absolutely love the show – season finale last night was phenomenal. That is one show this M 35-45 demo will watch for sure!

norman stewart May 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

My wife and I love the show can’t for season 3 to start.

alan @ susan May 5, 2011 at 4:58 pm

we love this show, and hope it continues. look forward to watching every week.
the only catch, ryland stopped killing. why?

Maria McCawley May 5, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I look forward to seeing Justified every Wednesday night it is like a ritual for me and my family,Please bring it back for a 3rd season I am a HUGE fan.

Bill Watson May 5, 2011 at 11:23 am

My wife and I look forward each week to “Justified”. We would have liked for it to remain on Season One’s Tuesday night but ANY night is better than no night at all. What a GREAT show!! We look forward to Season Three and beyond!

Anonymous May 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm