Justified

Justified TV show on FX: canceled or renewed?Network: FX
Episodes: 78 (hour)
Seasons: Six

TV show dates: March 16, 2010 — April 14, 2015
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Timothy Olyphant, Nick Searcy, Erica Tazel, Jacob Pitts, Joelle Carter, and Natalie Zea.

justified past TV show

TV show description:
A Graham Yost-created TV drama, this series is based on the character U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens from short stories and novels by Elmore Leonard.

Givens (Timothy Olyphant) is a throwback to a time gone by, complete with Stetson hat, cowboy boots, and a gun that is used only when it’s absolutely necessary. He comes from the hills of Eastern Kentucky, and ran away at age 19, wanting to become a U.S. Marshal. After taking the heat from his superiors for shooting a thug in a Miami hotel, he’s punished by being sent to the one place he never wanted to go back to — Kentucky.

His superior on the job is an old friend from his academy days, Art Mullen (Nick Searcy). Givens’ fellow deputies are Tim Gutterson (Jacob Pitts) and Rachel Brooks (Erica Tazel).

The marshals in Lexington chase fugitives, protect witnesses and transport prisoners. Givens also must confront his past. That includes his old friend Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins), who was once a coal miner and is now a fugitive bank robber; former cheerleader and crush Ava Crowder (Joelle Carter), ex-wife Winona (Natalie Zea), and his career criminal father, Arlo (Raymond Barry).

Series Finale:
Episode #78 — The Promise
Raylan, Boyd, and Ava fight one last, bloody battle to find out who leaves Harlan alive.
First aired: April 14, 2015.

What do you think? Do you like the Justified TV show? Do you think it should have ended or been renewed for a seventh season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

41 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. pammy says

I really loved this show, and will miss this Tuesday night delight. There are so few shows that really move me, and this was one of those programs. I would love to see a movie made based on this TV show.

2. Mike says

Will really miss this series. It has been number one in our household from the first episode. It was original, authentic, featured exceptional casting and was a weekly treat. Nothing else comes close. Please encourage the writers, actors, producers and directors also the networks to find a way to continue this series it’s the most awesome on TV. Thank you!!
    Mike and Linda

3. s.winkle says

HOW TO MAKE HAT: FIND seller of Stetson hats. If you purchase it or order it, the hat it aexact copy , be suer to get you size, The hat is a Stetson Marshal. It will arrive as a desert tan. Dont freakabour be the light in the sh0ws is white ;but its not. Take is home and use a wet hawnd towlc, put tthe towel under and one the on top.use a steam and iron, cstful not to let t towel on a drowel should be.
    fouor about w6 minutes you will have about 5-6 minutes to nake it look , oterwiswe stean again.. the wool is easy to work and should only take15-26 minites and you end up with a fool looking, correk Raylan hat. Buy the way the hat will cost you you 100-15. I have two and willget anothe in black. Good luke

4. Margo says

So very sad this series is done, but what a classy way to go out! I give huge props for amazing writing. I wish it could have gone on, but it didn’t lose any steam in its run. So unique! Gonna miss you, Raylin and Boyd!

5. Gary Rolfsness says

Will really miss this series. It has been number one in our household from the first episode. It was original, authentic, featured exceptional casting and was a weekly treat. Nothing else comes close. Too dang bad it has passed into the mist.

6. Judy says

I am very sad that Justified ended. Although I didn’t like the first episode when
    Boyd killed Dewey Crow. But all the other episodes reminded me of what a really
    great series this has been. The acting was perfect, but what was always my favorite
    part of Justified (besides Raylan Givens) was the language- whatever scene someone
    was in the use of language was so flawless. I will miss that the most.

7. Shirley McNeal says

I’m so sorry that this is the last season of Justfied. I have enjoyed it so much. Please make another tv-show staring Raglan and Boyd. Loved these guys. How can I get the first five seasons in DVD? Thanks for a great show.

8. Bob R says

Will be very sad to see this show end next week. It is one of the best shows on TV and Timothy Olyphant is the main reason for its success, not to say the rest of the cast were any less. They were great too. It’s not being cancelled but instead the story is winding down with no where else to go, but…….. Keep Boyd alive and resurrect it. Will miss is greatly. Thank you.

9. Marie says

I own ever season, my father watches it a lot one of the few he has liked in years. He didn’t care about the Detroit and child crap. But the whole household from teenagers to 80 years old is DISAPPOINTED in your decision to cancel. Getting to the point not much to watch. Most things we like are being canceled. What I see of new shows introduced on tv and many of the boo boo type things. It is almost enough to make you stop watching television all together.

10. Annabella says

I can’t believe you’d give Natalie Zea credit before Walton Goggins, Jr. That you do not recognize the amazing talent suggest this website isn’t worthy of supporting by reviewing. Leaving Mr. Goggins for Zea??? Zea can’t even act! She was written out of the script for a reason!

11. says

Is a great show, was just saying that to my girlfriend as we were watching it last night,we set aside time for every episode, was good a good one last night then afterwards my son tells me its been cancelled. WHAT ! Just like Deadwood ended Abruptly

• Deb says

It’s my understanding that this will not be an ending like Deadwood. First off I read about it ending early last year. Someone here needs to pick up a tv guide. The writers are putting a lot of thought into how this will end. It does sound sad, I hope Raylan lives to see another day or maybe a tv movie. 😉