Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List: TV Show Ended; No Season Seven, But…

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-ListBravo has confirmed that their reality series, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, won’t be back for a seventh season. However, they will remain in business with the sharp-tongued redhead.

Griffin told People that ending the TV show was a difficult thing to do. She said, “It was a really tough decision because I think of The D-List as pretty much my baby for the last six seasons, and I also think it was really time to stop doing it… Reality is great, but I really didn’t set out to be a reality star. So now it’s time to spread my wings and show that I’m a little different than Kate Gosselin.”

The comic will instead record four hour-long stand-up comedy specials for Bravo. One will air each quarter over the next year. Bravo’s exec VP of original programming and development, Andy Cohen, noted, “There is no better way to start off 2011 than giving Kathy Griffin an unprecedented four new stand-up comedy specials on Bravo in one year… Kathy’s quickfire humor and ability to tap into pop culture make for must-watch television.”

Griffin has been a staple on Bravo since 2005 with her eight comedy specials and six seasons of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.

What do you think? Did you watch Griffin’s reality series? Will you miss it?

Bartleby the Scrivener February 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I lost track of her show after Season Four, and then managed to record most of Season Five and all of Season Six on my DVR, but there are several episodes I haven’t tracked down yet… I wish Bravo would show them more often, or do a marathon, so I could fill my gaps and watch all the eps (obviously it’s crucial to watch Kathy’s show in chronological order, as the byzantine plot and fiendishly clever twists and turns surpass the best of Hitchcock and Agatha Christie).

Seriously, though, I need “I Heart Lily Tomlin,” “Kathy at the Apollo,” “Official Book Club Selection,” and “Kathy Is a Star… Kind Of.” I don’t care if I watch them on cable, online at Bravo, online at Hulu, Netflix… just let me watch them somewhere, please.

Ken February 26, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I loved the series and have the DVD releases. Kathy is a very under-rated comedian and her show will be missed. But I will watch each and every special and I totally agree with her reason for ending the show.

I look forward to the next chapter in her career. Time to get back to acting Kathy. You are a truly funny woman.

Signed,
One of your “Gays”

bryce b February 12, 2011 at 2:03 am

:0 seriously?? i just saw on leno she is no longer doing her show?? i have never wanted anything more..just a little…a little to get me thru till tomorrow..ill quit tomorrow…i swear…c’mon man im jonezin here..seriously tho wtf. i am really all torn up about it and have no idea how im gonna get thru the next couple weeks of kathy withdrawls. does anyone know of something i could get over the counter (no insurance)?? bye kathy., i would watch “YOU” read the dictonary sunshine!
–one of your very own gays!

Carol February 7, 2011 at 8:14 am

It was a fantastic show. Although I will miss Kathy’s reality show I look forward to seeing her new stand up comedy.

maggie January 18, 2011 at 10:14 am

What the hell I’ve been waiting for the new season…dammit Kathy !!!!

Mike January 29, 2011 at 7:24 pm

My life on the D-list was not only incredibly funny. It always had a message of Tolerance, Love. Loyalty, and Truth. I will miss her and will continue to watch Kathy where-ever I can. On Bravo, on Tour, on Larry, Wherever. I am proud to include my self as “One of her Gays” I love you Kathy!

Sarah January 14, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I have found such strength and courage in this woman . I had to live a little to get there but I am there now and I thank her everyday for who she demands herself to be.

Donna Parrack January 14, 2011 at 11:32 am

I think Kathy is a very funny lady! I loved watching “My Life on the D List” and will miss it very much.

leddy gee January 13, 2011 at 8:49 pm

her show was great…bummed

Rebecca January 10, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I don’t get Bravo any more but I always rented her D List show on dvd; I guess it was time to end it. I think she’s usually funny and I look forward to renting future comedy specials.

Ann McElhinney January 8, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I actually looked forward to each and every season and will miss it terribly! I know it’s reality TV but this was one of my guilty obsessions. I will miss Kathy’s mom as well! She’s a hoot and a half. Has anyone noticed that the old guy on Discovery channel’s GoldRush sounds just like Maggie? OMG!

Grace January 8, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I will miss her show for a lot of reasons, most being the interactions she had with her mom and her employees. Stand up is just not the same, but I’ll take it as it’s much better than no Kathy at all!

Kristoffer January 7, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I never quite understand the people that comment about how glad they are a show is ending. If you don’t like the show or her, then you obviously don’t watch the D List. So why would it matter to you if the show continues or not? Personally I love her and think she is funny so sad to see the show ending – but glad she will still be on Bravo.

Jeremy January 7, 2011 at 9:01 am

If you read the article it very clearly states she’s getting 4 new comedy specials and Bravo is not severing ties with her. It was HER decision to end it…again if you read it, you’d know that. Kathy Griffin actually IS funny…while like all comedians she can have a few dull moments, but overall she’s pretty great at what she does.

Tom January 7, 2011 at 1:58 am

Thank God. Her show was even more annoying than she is. She really is a no talent hack and I’m very glad the show is gone. I now hope she goes away.

BEN S January 6, 2011 at 9:31 pm