Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List: TV Show Ended; No Season Seven, But…

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-ListBravo has confirmed that their reality series, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, won’t be back for a seventh season. However, they will remain in business with the sharp-tongued redhead.

Griffin told People that ending the TV show was a difficult thing to do. She said, “It was a really tough decision because I think of The D-List as pretty much my baby for the last six seasons, and I also think it was really time to stop doing it… Reality is great, but I really didn’t set out to be a reality star. So now it’s time to spread my wings and show that I’m a little different than Kate Gosselin.”

The comic will instead record four hour-long stand-up comedy specials for Bravo. One will air each quarter over the next year. Bravo’s exec VP of original programming and development, Andy Cohen, noted, “There is no better way to start off 2011 than giving Kathy Griffin an unprecedented four new stand-up comedy specials on Bravo in one year… Kathy’s quickfire humor and ability to tap into pop culture make for must-watch television.”

Griffin has been a staple on Bravo since 2005 with her eight comedy specials and six seasons of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.

What do you think? Did you watch Griffin’s reality series? Will you miss it?

Brandon Simmons November 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I am extremely disappointed that my all time favorite TV show has ended. She could always make me laugh and I loved watching her live here in Cincinnati! I purchased her book, the cd she made and 3 of her seasons of the D-list. I am Kathy’s number 1 fan and I she will continue to do her stand up comedy and make some more recordings on cd/DVD.
Thanks for all the laughs Kathy,

Brandon

Erin September 28, 2011 at 7:17 am

I agree with Debbie, although I still watch the stupid housewife shows. Kathy is brilliant and hilarious and I always looked forward to her D-list. I never thought of her as just another reality star, especially with last season. Each episode had a theme of mockery that often involved other celebrities or media-hyped events. Kathy come back! Thanks for the laughs!

Debbie August 25, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Cancel those stupid housewives shows. And bring back Kathy G!

Christine August 21, 2011 at 7:40 am

Loved ths show:(. My dvr is running cold lately:(

meg July 31, 2011 at 11:56 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! so sad!

timmitomm July 31, 2011 at 7:17 pm

All good things must come to end, I suppose. Thank you for making me laugh and giving my gays good reason to get together and having a blast. You rock, Kathy!

Larry July 21, 2011 at 11:56 am

I sure will miss Mrs. Kathy. I think it’s time she conquers her own sitcom on big time TV. How about it, Kath? Love u. Larry from Fort Worth, TX

Rossco June 3, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Well here in Austrlaia, kathy wil be sadly missed from our TV’s. Still, I hope this won’t stop you Kathleen from dropping in for a show or two round Madi Gras again. God Damn It Kathleen! You just can’t leave us like this? Good luck for the future GRRRRRL

Lisa B. May 4, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Please say it isn’t so Ms.Kathy!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE your show. I have watched every episode since the day it started (more then once). You, your staff and of course your Mom always made me laugh, even on my bad days. Please reconsider your decision I am begging you.

BillyBear April 7, 2011 at 11:53 am

I’ll sort of miss the show…but honestly I was getting annoyed with the silly scripted stuff they did just for the show, I hate when reality shows do that. I wish they kept to how it was in the beginning…Her just living her life, doing her stand up, preparing for it….and the cameras catching it…but as the seasons went on, they planned stuff to happen, which totally negates the concept of a reality show.

kyle ledbetter April 6, 2011 at 12:08 pm

i am extremly upset and sad about kathy’s show ending i loved this show i watch EVERY single episode it was great and i am very sad to see it go.. hopefully kathy will decide to make a show again later on down the road since she is extrely hilarious and everyone loves her!!

Joe Hart March 27, 2011 at 10:09 am

Sorry to hear there will be no Season 7. Loved the show. Thanks for the laughs and tears, Kathy!

vonner99 March 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Say it ain’t so!!! However, I must admit that season 5 seemed a bit contrived, with “spontaneous” A-list encounters, season 6 seemed to get back on track with the antics of Kathy’s daily life. That said, my vote for Bravo is to BRING HER BACK – and MORE than 4 times a year!!! I’m already going through withdrawal……

Betty March 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I loved her show, especially when her parents were on….sad about her dad. I am sorry they cancelled it. Does anyone think it will continue in sindication? Hopefully… Team Griffin.

Nizz March 7, 2011 at 9:59 am

dat bitch is hilarious…fukkin haters