Kidnapped: Cancelled NBC Drama Series Returns

cast of Kidnapped on NBCNBC’s Kidnapped was one of the earliest casualties of the 2006-2007 season. The network pulled the Jeremy Sisto drama Kidnapped after just five episodes. NBC posted the remaining episodes online but many were unable to view the episodes for a variety of reasons. Legions of fans clamored for the series to return to network television. Well, the peacock network has decided to listen to the viewers — albeit many months later.

Several months after Kidnapped was released on DVD, NBC has quietly returned the drama to its airwaves in late-night. Unfortunately, they’re starting where the primetime run left off. The sixth episode, “My Heart belongs to Daddy,” will start the run this Sunday night (June 24th) at midnight.

The show is excellent and its nice that Kidnapped is returning to broadcast TV but it seems truly inane to restart a serial drama midrun in late-night after an eight month absence. Who’s doing their scheduling? A competing network? Geeez. TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

18 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Stephanie says

Saw this show on Crackle last night. Love It. If this show was on during prime time in the past, they did not do a good job on advertising it. If possible, bring this show back!!!

2. Ryan from Canada says

Unreal show! I watched it on Crackle and couldn’t get enough. I would love to see a season 2!!!

3. vanessa says

This show is the bomb! I just finished watching it on netflix and I could not get enough. The actors/actresses were absolutely fantastic. Everyone did an amazing job. What idiot canceled this show? Whomever you are, you are missing out on some serious money because this show is what viewers want to see…not that foolish,dramatic reality tv crap! }eremy Sisto and Delroy Lindo deserves an Oscar!!

4. KEREN says

AWESOME SERIES WATCHING IT ON NETFLIX. WHILE IT WAS ON TV I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN EVEN STARTING TO WATCH, BUT WATCHING IT ON NETFLIX IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME AWESOME SHOW. TRY BRINGING IT BACK!!!! IM ALMOST TO THE END OF THE SERIES. ITS ALL IVE BEEN WATCHING FOR THE PAST FEW NIGHTS. ITS AS GOOD AS HOUSE OF CARDS AND DAMAGES. IN THE BEGINNING THE CHARACTERS – ACTORS SEEMED WEAK, BUT THE PLOT WAS AWESOME SO I CONTINUED WATCHING. IN LATER EPISODES THE CHARACTERS BECAME STRONGER AND ALL ARE JUST AWESOME TO WATCH. MAYBE YOU’LL NEED TO ADVERTISE MORE – BRING THIS SERIES BACK!!!!

5. says

Superb acting with a great storyline. It’s amazing that such a quality show was canceled after just a few episodes. With all of the public outcry, why not bring it back? I watch maybe one or two TV series per year because its rare that something really holds my interest. This is easily one of the best network shows in years, hands down. I’d pay good money to see another season.

• KEREN says

6. teacup says

I really enjoyed the show. Finally something worth watching and they pull the plug. I watched it on netflex. I guess reality TV shows are cheaper to make.

7. says

I feel deeply disturbed when I become “attached” to a show, like Friday Night Lights, and then ;it’s gone. Do you realize how that makes those of us who have lost our jobs, our homes are in forclosure and our favorite TV program is the one thing we’ve still got to look foward to; and we love it, now we are watching “Kidnapped” from Netflix, I cannot imagine or come up with any logical reason why such a fantastic show would have been cancelled, also?

8. PattyLouWho says

What an EXCELLENT show. I just found it on Netflix. I’m amazed how many great shows are pulled and the reality garbage is left on. This is soooo much better than Law & Order…and old “formula” shows. I love this role for Jeremy. And what about people who actually made acting their career? Actually went to school, studied on broadway, etc. Wake up TV execs. Intelligence seems highly overrated these days.

9. tim says

Just to make everyone here feel a little worse — “According to Jim” and “The Apprentice” have been clogging the tube for 7 freakin’ years now. Don’t you just love it?!?

10. rsl says

It sucks that they have shows go on four decades and then a really great show comes on and is cancelled so quickly. I would rather watch this for 10 seasons. Come on – there are so many spins you can take with the story. And the actors are absolutely brilliant!

11. Ken May says

Oh sure. I get into a show. They yank it off without giving it a shot, then they expenct me to either pay for the DVD or support their sponsors to watch a show that will never conclude.
    Stop doing me favors.

12. says

This show deserves a second shot. It is excellent all around. Acting, story, twists. It is great television and twice as good as some shows that air today. I hope viewers give it a new life.

13. Jeff says

Nothing shocks me about network programming anymore…I remember seeing a show years ago…a comedy…where they were having monkeys go up to boards full of show names and pick which ones would be where, etc. That approach might actually be better than the people making the decisions now…