Kidnapped: NBC Really Finishes the Serial Drama

Jeremy Sisto and cast of Kidnapped on NBCFans of NBC’s new drama Kidnapped just can’t seem to catch a break. The show debuted to a less than impressive 7.5 million viewers and the numbers dropped with subsequent episodes. As a result, NBC asked producers to wrap up the storyline in 13 episodes and the network moved the show to the television graveyard known as Saturday nights. A sad tale for one of NBC’s most anticipated new shows.

Well, it just got worse.

Only 2.9 million households watched the most recent episode. So, after airing for just two weeks on Saturday nights, NBC has pulled Kidnapped from the schedule, seemingly for good. Repeats of Law & Order: Criminal Intent will fill Kidnapped’s Saturday 9pm timeslot beginning this Saturday, November 4th.

Only five of the 13 serial drama episodes have been broadcast thus far. It’s been reported that the 13th episode has just recently been completed and NBC has announced that they’re making the remaining episodes available online via their website (as was done with the controversial The Book of Daniel series). It’s also been suggested that the series will ultimately be released on DVD. TV Series Finale home page

Allan October 14, 2007 at 4:50 am

I’ve watched kidnaped and think its a shame the series was pulled. Its just as gd as Prison Break. I hope they’ll reconsider that decision and hit us with season 2. Cant wait.

tj September 15, 2007 at 6:07 pm

Where can I watch it online for free?

Crystal June 26, 2007 at 8:02 am

I am really aggrivated that a great seies like kidnapped was cancelled.The characters were first notch and the story line was suspenseful.What a shame greater publicity was not given to this show.I know more people would have watched.

jo (UK) April 21, 2007 at 6:11 pm

I have watched and recorded Kiddnapped as it was so good (i watch csi and criminal minds) and its just as good if not better…..i was on the edge of my seat and my heart was raceing. i hope there will be more!!!

nicola (uk) April 6, 2007 at 1:09 am

I have watched kiddnapped on channel 4 to date and the end on line because i coould not wait to see what happened next.
I would love to see a second series of this fantastic, edge of your seat drama.

christine doyle March 17, 2007 at 7:08 am

This is a rival to 24 and not dissimilar to LOST. Give it a bit longer and all the other media coverage of the 2 above and you will have a cutting edge runaway success.