King: Cancelled, No Season Three [report]

King cancelledThough Showcase hasn’t announced it, word is that the Canadian TV series King has been cancelled.

Starring Amy Price-Francis, King revolves around Jessica “Jess” King, a tough police detective who’s trying to make her third marriage work while taking on a new job as head of the Major Crimes Task Force. Her police unit takes over cases already in progress: the toughest cases that the ordinary police force has failed to solve. Other actors in the show include Gabriel Hogan, Alan van Sprang, Tony Nardi, Suzanne Coy, Zoe Doyle, Aaron Poole, Rossif Sutherland, and Karen Robinson.

King debuted on April 17, 2011. The eight episodes of season one performed well enough to secure a second year of 13 installments. Production resumed in September 2011 and season two kicked off on February 29, 2012.

The ratings dropped significantly in year two, falling as low as 42,000 viewers. Some episodes of season one drew over 200,000 viewers.

The 21st and final episode of King aired on May 25th.

What do you think? Are you a fan of King? Are you upset that there won’t be a third season?

Sarah January 3, 2013 at 2:42 am

Great show sooooo upset it’s cancelled

Nessa December 16, 2012 at 10:26 am

I’m from germany and here season 2 is running just now…
I was so OMG when I heard it was cancelled!!!
I mean it is a really great show!!! I so ♥ it!!
Please bring it back!!

Pat December 3, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I LOVED King. I have been waiting for it to come back forever! That just really sucks!

Tiziana November 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Nooooo … what a pity! I’m Italian and in Italy I have followed with interest the first season and now I’m looking (in Italy) the second season, which is even more beautiful and intriguing than the first … I hope that King back for a third season … .please…

Donna October 3, 2012 at 2:45 am

i soooo like,please please bring it back :(((((((((

Antwon September 20, 2012 at 5:40 am

Watching this in the U.S. and I was really looking forward to its return in 2013. By living in the U.S. I don’t have access to all of the shows aired in Canada or the UK so I have to go online to find good shows to watch, and then they cancel those too. I can’t win!

Docia September 13, 2012 at 6:43 pm

So disappointing! Really enjoyed it. Thought Amy Price-Francis and Alan Van Sprang were a stand-outs. So great to have some Canadian drama to choose from. Bring it back please! Seriously. What would it take?

Marie September 9, 2012 at 1:32 am

Watching this from Quebec and I can’t beleive it’s being canceled! Especially now, after that bomb in the finale! I liked season 1 better than season 2 but things were looking up! :(

Steve September 4, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Such a pity there won’t be a Season 3. We thought Season 2 was better than 1 – more developed characters all round.
Compared to other crime shows coming out of the UK and the US this was a superior production.

Barbara September 2, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Absolutely disgusting dropping this program. Probably one of the best acted with great humor and sensitivity and interesting story lines. My most favorite program!

Lesley Bedini September 1, 2012 at 9:26 pm

How can they cancel King and leave us hanging!!!!!!!!! Love the show and the characters I am extremely disappointed the did the same to Memphis Blues very upset!

Becky August 25, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I am totally gutted! This is the best show of its kind on TV in the UK. I hate the way they cancel shows these days! You just get to know the characters and they cancel it! I’m not watching anymore I can’t stand the disappointment!!!

darren August 24, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Great show am absolutely gutted its cancelled shame on you! When utter rubbish is saved like body of proof! Anyway will some other network please please please pick up the show

Dave August 22, 2012 at 1:49 pm

This show was awful. So glad it was cancelled. What a waste of air time.

Craig August 17, 2012 at 7:42 am

Watching this in the UK and it is one of only a few decent shows on TV. Can’t believe its being cancelled when will TV bosses realise that the good shows have a captive audience, and that Californian tans and white teeth and fake boobs, and little or no intelligence only clogs up decent TV. But they always get renewed. I wonder why. Does being fake sell everytime.