King: Cancelled, No Season Three [report]

King cancelledThough Showcase hasn’t announced it, word is that the Canadian TV series King has been cancelled.

Starring Amy Price-Francis, King revolves around Jessica “Jess” King, a tough police detective who’s trying to make her third marriage work while taking on a new job as head of the Major Crimes Task Force. Her police unit takes over cases already in progress: the toughest cases that the ordinary police force has failed to solve. Other actors in the show include Gabriel Hogan, Alan van Sprang, Tony Nardi, Suzanne Coy, Zoe Doyle, Aaron Poole, Rossif Sutherland, and Karen Robinson.

King debuted on April 17, 2011. The eight episodes of season one performed well enough to secure a second year of 13 installments. Production resumed in September 2011 and season two kicked off on February 29, 2012.

The ratings dropped significantly in year two, falling as low as 42,000 viewers. Some episodes of season one drew over 200,000 viewers.

The 21st and final episode of King aired on May 25th.

What do you think? Are you a fan of King? Are you upset that there won’t be a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

118 Comments on "King: Cancelled, No Season Three [report]"

Notify of

Lil
Lil
March 26, 2013 9:27 am

I love love love this show! I discovered it last year and it’genius. It’s sad that they cancelled it. πŸ™ It’d be great to have a third season! πŸ™‚

Cathy
Cathy
March 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Love this show. Why cancel it. It just needs better promotion.

Lina
Lina
March 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Of course they cancelled another good show. They always cancel the good shows. All the reality shows that cost peanuts and that are absolutely ridiculous get a the majority of the time slots.

S.YOUNIS
S.YOUNIS
April 18, 2013 6:00 am

SO TRUE.I’m a Brittish viewer who LOVES this show & am happy 2 c gr8 shows coming frm Canada lke,ROOKIE BLUE,KING& FLASHPOINT (another gr8 show-cancelled).BRING KING BACK

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 19, 2013 5:02 pm

I am REALLY disappointed that the show has been cancelled… I think you should be doing season 3!! Bring it back!!!!

fan1
fan1
March 19, 2013 8:49 am

I really love this series. Great actors, well-elaborated stories and not too overdone.
Please revive the series!

Gord
Gord
March 16, 2013 11:40 am

Unbelievable. Does no one recognize talent and story plot any more? I guess it’s just about total nonsense on tv now!
Shame on everyone who decided to cancel this excellent series.

beverley
beverley
March 14, 2013 8:21 pm

I was so excited to see KING on TV tonight. How disappointing it is a re-run. We missed series one and were looking forward to season three……why do the good shows get cancelled?

Steff
Steff
March 14, 2013 2:22 pm

I’m from Germany and I loved this show! Make season 3 please!

thyrza
thyrza
March 11, 2013 10:22 pm

I have been anticipating this show for a year! and most upset it has ??maybe ?? been cancelled!

Jansen Janssen
Jansen Janssen
March 9, 2013 4:29 pm

I am from Holland,and wi did liked the show,wi hope the show wil be back please!

Beth Aitchison
Beth Aitchison
March 5, 2013 8:23 am

I started watching King not really sure what to expect and was pleasantly suprised with the show. After watching the end of Season 2, I jumped on the net to see when the new season was starting and to see how the loose ends from Season Two got sorted out eg Jess and Danny’s relationship. I would be happy to sign a petition to get the show running for a third season.

Anonymous
Anonymous
February 16, 2013 11:24 pm

I loved this show! We need to support our Canadian shows.

David
David
February 7, 2013 5:38 am

We’ve loved King in Australia and were really looking forward to some of the ongoing relationships being further developed. Very disappointed that there will be no season 3. Couldn’t we just have 3 or 4 more episodes to tie up the loose ends.

Julia
Julia
February 2, 2013 5:12 pm

Disappointed. I agree the Canadian programme are of a high standard. Hence the americans buying them up.

But King was at times very intense but felt like real life

Liz Reese
Liz Reese
January 31, 2013 3:31 am

You are god dam kidding…how can you cancel a show and leave everyone hanging as to what happens with Danny, Jess and Speivak…. there is so many other crap shows that deserved to be axed…..please bring her back for a 3rd season…..It is great entertainment….even got my sons watching it now…. Please reconsider and give it another season…

wpDiscuz