King: Cancelled, No Season Three [report]

King cancelledThough Showcase hasn’t announced it, word is that the Canadian TV series King has been cancelled.

Starring Amy Price-Francis, King revolves around Jessica “Jess” King, a tough police detective who’s trying to make her third marriage work while taking on a new job as head of the Major Crimes Task Force. Her police unit takes over cases already in progress: the toughest cases that the ordinary police force has failed to solve. Other actors in the show include Gabriel Hogan, Alan van Sprang, Tony Nardi, Suzanne Coy, Zoe Doyle, Aaron Poole, Rossif Sutherland, and Karen Robinson.

King debuted on April 17, 2011. The eight episodes of season one performed well enough to secure a second year of 13 installments. Production resumed in September 2011 and season two kicked off on February 29, 2012.

The ratings dropped significantly in year two, falling as low as 42,000 viewers. Some episodes of season one drew over 200,000 viewers.

The 21st and final episode of King aired on May 25th.

What do you think? Are you a fan of King? Are you upset that there won’t be a third season?

beverley March 14, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I was so excited to see KING on TV tonight. How disappointing it is a re-run. We missed series one and were looking forward to season three……why do the good shows get cancelled?

Steff March 14, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I’m from Germany and I loved this show! Make season 3 please!

thyrza March 11, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I have been anticipating this show for a year! and most upset it has ??maybe ?? been cancelled!

Jansen Janssen March 9, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I am from Holland,and wi did liked the show,wi hope the show wil be back please!

Beth Aitchison March 5, 2013 at 8:23 am

I started watching King not really sure what to expect and was pleasantly suprised with the show. After watching the end of Season 2, I jumped on the net to see when the new season was starting and to see how the loose ends from Season Two got sorted out eg Jess and Danny’s relationship. I would be happy to sign a petition to get the show running for a third season.

Anonymous February 16, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I loved this show! We need to support our Canadian shows.

David February 7, 2013 at 5:38 am

We’ve loved King in Australia and were really looking forward to some of the ongoing relationships being further developed. Very disappointed that there will be no season 3. Couldn’t we just have 3 or 4 more episodes to tie up the loose ends.

Julia February 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Disappointed. I agree the Canadian programme are of a high standard. Hence the americans buying them up.

But King was at times very intense but felt like real life

Liz Reese January 31, 2013 at 3:31 am

You are god dam kidding…how can you cancel a show and leave everyone hanging as to what happens with Danny, Jess and Speivak…. there is so many other crap shows that deserved to be axed…..please bring her back for a 3rd season…..It is great entertainment….even got my sons watching it now…. Please reconsider and give it another season…

Michele January 30, 2013 at 7:38 am

Just watched the end of Season 2 and went straight to Internet to search when Season 3 was due to be released. Extremely disappointed about the show’s cancellation. Loved the relationships between Spears and King.

Samantha January 26, 2013 at 4:18 am

I just found this show and watched session 1 & 2 in a week, this is a great shown make season 3 please

Bobbye Robinson January 19, 2013 at 2:28 pm

What a shame, some ecellent programs out of Canada lateley and this was 1 of my favorities.
SHAME ON THE NETWORK

René January 17, 2013 at 11:47 pm

My favourite show. And it was Canadian. Such a shame.

Anonymous January 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I just found this show and I’m pissed!!

Peter January 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm

This is an excellent show, currently my absolute favorite. Shame you cancelled it!!!