King: Cancelled, No Season Three [report]

King cancelledThough Showcase hasn’t announced it, word is that the Canadian TV series King has been cancelled.

Starring Amy Price-Francis, King revolves around Jessica “Jess” King, a tough police detective who’s trying to make her third marriage work while taking on a new job as head of the Major Crimes Task Force. Her police unit takes over cases already in progress: the toughest cases that the ordinary police force has failed to solve. Other actors in the show include Gabriel Hogan, Alan van Sprang, Tony Nardi, Suzanne Coy, Zoe Doyle, Aaron Poole, Rossif Sutherland, and Karen Robinson.

King debuted on April 17, 2011. The eight episodes of season one performed well enough to secure a second year of 13 installments. Production resumed in September 2011 and season two kicked off on February 29, 2012.

The ratings dropped significantly in year two, falling as low as 42,000 viewers. Some episodes of season one drew over 200,000 viewers.

The 21st and final episode of King aired on May 25th.

What do you think? Are you a fan of King? Are you upset that there won’t be a third season?

Elizabeth (@Fuze83) October 26, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Anyone know if season 1 an 2 has aired on REELZ or was it just season one?

Diane September 17, 2013 at 8:23 am

I couldn’t have said it any better than what LV has written!
Loved that show! It’s a shame it’s been replaced with garbage.

Lv September 14, 2013 at 12:21 am

It seems every time there is a show with substance, it is whisked away into the vault with all the other good shows and replaced with obnoxious, ill mannered subjects in reality shows that make no sense nor offer any intelligent value, merely shock tv and ratings. If there is any way you could leave a show like King on the air. You are saving millions of brain cells of our youth not to mention us adults. It would be nice to watch a show with a real storyline and not some incessant whining of me,me,me…and why is this happening to me..

S R September 5, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I just found this series on the REELZ channel and I love it. I am upset that the series has been cancelled!!!! I hope that this show can get enough support from fans and can resume the series.

Jule September 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm

i’m from germany and i love this series…. i found it this year and i got both season on dvd….today i asked for season three an i’m socked that there isn’t a third one so please … please make a new one !!!!!!!!!!

Lea August 26, 2013 at 10:14 am

My husband and I just found King this season and we have made it one of our favorites. I’m working on ordering season 1 today and found that the show is to be cancelled. If our votes count – please put us down for 2 YES on this series. Hope you can find a way for it to stay.

LT August 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm

This show is very well acted, directed, produced and created with multi-talented people working in it. It makes me proud of this Canadian show. I’m so upset I did not follow the show when it just started. I’m hooked on it! I hope the network will seriously consider in putting future shows and not cancel it for its 3rd season….

Anonymous August 25, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Shows like King makes me proud to be Canadian. It is a very well acted, directed, produced and created show that has very talented people working in it. I hope the network considers on putting additional future shows. I’m so hooked. I feel bad I did not follow it when it started….

Abbs August 18, 2013 at 8:25 am

It’s a shame that a smart Canadian show is cancelled, while other Canadian shows, poorly written and badly performed, remain.

Anonymous August 9, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I just discovered this show on my new iPad. I became totally addicted and am very distressed to see it cancelled. I was all ready for the new season. It was fast paced, seemed fairly realistic and loved that it was set in To. How do they make these decisions? I felt the same way when Chicago Code was cancelled. Loved the cast.

Anonymous August 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Same thing happened to me. Totally bummed out.

Anonymous July 20, 2013 at 2:13 am

I love that show please make a 3 rd season

Anonymous August 13, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I love the show so please make a 3rd season!

C Blackmore July 17, 2013 at 9:03 am

I am SO very Disappinted that King has been dropped. It’s a fantastically fresh, interesting, quick witted and entertaining crime show. Why wont they resign it??

Australia is missing out!!!

Mihailescu Virginia July 14, 2013 at 6:07 am

I am disappointed to see how all the good movies are cancelled. Left in suspense. You could have make two more episodes and give an end to this movie. Is not fair… bring it back!

Lucy Nadon June 21, 2013 at 9:07 pm

It’s sad that another good show didn’t get renewed for a third season. The character development was really interesting and was looking forward to delve more into each of the characters and their respective quirks. Please bring it back!

Jean Luise Loclair June 12, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I’m so sad. Jessica King is so great, beautiful and tough! Please start the third season. Iwatched “King” in Germany an I’m bonded!