King & Maxwell: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Two

king and maxwell canceled by TNT Deadline reports that TNT has decided to cancel King & Maxwell after one season. The 10th and final episode aired on August 12th.

The show revolves around a pair of Secret Service agents (Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn) who opened their own detective agency after they were fired. Michael O’Keefe, Chris Butler, and Ryan Hurst round out the cast.

King & Maxwell remained fairly consistent during its 10 episode run and averaged 3.11 million viewers. The premiere attracted 3.52 million viewers and the finale drew 3.50 million.

While it wasn’t as big a hit as Rizzoli & Isles (5.7 million) and Major Crimes (4.9 million), it wasn’t that far behind Perception (3.5 million).

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season for King & Maxwell? How do you think it compares to the other TNT dramas?

97 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. ks says

WHY???
    Never been a big fan of R.Romijn, however her and Tenney make a good pair. Throw in Ryan Hurst and this makes for an interesting cast. With all the crap on tv, why cancel an interesting show??? TNT blew it on this one. Please reconsider!

2. Tom says

Best PI show since Tom Selleck.
    Most attractive women in TV.
    Best writers for good plots and cliff hangers.
    Thought it was a keeper.

3. says

Pleas reconsider cancellation of King & Maxwell. One of the few bright spots o TV. I’ve been anxiously waiting for the next season. Shame on TNT. Too much junk,reality tv, Duck Dynasty, need I say more. Kardashians, seem to keep the c**p and let the good stuff go

4. JT says

Really enjoyed this show. Seems like the really good ones get canceled while the c _ _ p stays on. This happens entirely too often.

5. Hanna says

We loved this show and wish TNT would change their minds (if they have one) and renew it. We agree with the others that canceling this show was a bad decision.

6. Marla says

I was just searching to find when this show was coming back and saw this!! I am very disappointed. This was a great show with great chemistry and I enjoyed it a lot more than Major Crimes. Without Kyra Sedgewick in the lead, Major Crimes just can’t cut it as well.

I will be sorry to see this won’t be on this year. What is wrong with TNT?

7. SPJ says

King and Maxwell was very entertaining and I love the show, do not see why it was
    cancelled. Great actors and writing, all doing their jobs…why do higher ups see fit
    not to give them a chance. I guess there will be more “Reality Shows” which I cannot
    stand!

8. barbara mackay says

These people are right….. you guys make really BAD DECISIONS AND DON’T GIVE IT ENOUGH TIME!! GOOD SHOW really enjoyed the banter etc.

9. vp44 says

that just proves just how TNT sucks, in making the STUPID decision to cancel the good shows and keeping the bad ones.

10. mawmaw.dawson@yahoo.com says

TNT has created several excellent series but they do not give the shows long enough time for the audiences to discover them. I have really enjoyed most of the shows. I have noticed that the people in charge of renewing the shows are often ” jumping the gun” and threatening cancellation prematurely. Why do they spend so much money, time and talent and not be patient enough to wait for their investment to mature?