King & Maxwell

king and maxwell: canceled or renewed?Network: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 10, 2013 — August 12, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jon Tenney, Rebecca Romijn, Michael O’Keefe, Chris Butler, and Ryan Hurst.

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the best-selling books by author David Baldacci.

Sean King (Jon Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell (Rebecca Romijn) are unusual private investigators. Both of them used to be Secret Service agents, and their unique skills (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) give them a leg up on conventional law enforcement.

Maxwell is a former elite athlete who uses her brains, beauty and Beltway connections to solve cases. King’s career in the Secret Service ended when the presidential candidate he was assigned to protect was assassinated, sending him on a downward spiral.

Now, King has added a law degree to his arsenal of skills, allowing him to navigate the system in ways that a typical private investigator never could. Along the way, King and Maxwell clash over just about everything — from her garbage-strewn car to his love of wine over beer.

FBI Special Agents Rigby (Michael O’Keefe) and Carter (Chris Butler) frequently clash with King and Maxwell over their less-than-legal methods. Rigby is a veteran FBI agent with many years on the force and he always follows the rules, sticks to the facts and questions anyone who stands between him and the truth.

Carter is Agent Rigby’s junior partner and will likely go far in the agency. He works with whoever can help solve a case -– either standard law-enforcement organizations, like the police, or unconventional resources, like private investigators.

Helping the King and Maxwell team is Edgar Roy (Ryan Hurst). He joined their team after Sean King served as his lawyer during his highly publicized criminal case. Edgar is a high-functioning autistic savant who specializes in patterns and numerical sequences. He has certain work-space requirements, like sitting at a “friendly” desk and enjoying soup for lunch on Mondays.

Series Finale:
Episode #10 — Pandora’s Box
Sean’s investigation of the Ritter assassination threatens to end his partnership with Michelle as she considers returning to the Secret Service. The shocking truth sends Sean back to the scene of the crime to prevent history from repeating itself.
First aired: August 12, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the King & Maxwell TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

425 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sharon Conner says

I knew it was about time to see this show on the TNT scheduled. when it didn’t show up, I googled to find out why…what a disappoint it is it find out it’s canceled.
    a smart, series with a different twist. I really liked it. This one was a total keeper. I hate the way things are pulled before getting a chance to find an audience
    come on TNT, you had a talented cast…what’s the problem?? Script? Sponsors? I’m really bummed!

2. Thomas Cole says

Have been watching for the second season of King and Maxwell only to find out that TNT had cancelled it. So disappointed!!!

3. dorothy ahearn says

both my husband and I loved king and Maxwell. we are big fans of david Baldacci. we read all of his books. The tv show was a winner

4. Diana says

My husband and I loved this show are are so sorry that it has been cancelled. I think that if they renewed it, it would be watched. I agree with S. Gula; given a decent time slot they would do a lot better.

5. Joe B says

I surely miss this show, great character interaction and a huge fan of david Baldacci, tnt screwed up by this cancellation

6. Gloria Haars says

I looked on the computer to see when this series would be on again and found that it had been cancelled. I really liked this shows. TNT is constantly making stupid mistakes.

7. Gloria Haars says

I looked on the computer to see when this series would be on again and found that it had been cancelled. I really liked this show, it was a great series. TNT is constantly making stupid mistakes.

8. Pearl says

This was one of my husband and I favorite shows…maybe they shud look at some of the bombs that they put on tv and leave the good ones on

9. aaron jones says

I agree with all the YES’S I really liked that show. I like to watch tv a little earlier but would stay up to watch it

10. Gary Carrier says

you put a good show on and give it one season what are you guys nuts fire some of your highly paid experts

• S. Gula says

You are totally right. They pay these people loads of money to come up with shos to air on TV. All they do is retread bad ideas and realty shows. Maxwell and King given a decent tome slot would be a solidly watched show. People forget that Monk fist started on ABC but those bozos didn’t like the ratings and dropped it. USA picked it up and it ran for seven or eight seasons.