Kirstie

Kirstie TV show on TV Land: canceled or renewed?Network: TV Land
Episodes: 12 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: December 4, 2013 — February 26, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Kirstie Alley, Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards, and Eric Petersen.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Tony-winning diva Madison Banks (Kirstie Alley). She’s enjoyed years of unbridled hedonism, drinking and sleeping her way up and down Broadway.

Her life takes a surprising turn when she meets up with Arlo Barth (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption 26 years earlier. Maddie has played countless roles on stage, but now she has to play the one part she’s not prepared to take on — a mother.

With the help and encouragement of her long-suffering assistant and best friend Thelma Katz (Rhea Pearlman) and her eccentric chauffeur Frank Baxter (Michael Richards), Maddie realizes that Arlo is a diamond in the rough and invites him to move into her swanky New York City apartment.
space

Series Finale

Episode #12 — The Dinner Party
Maddie hosts a dinner party for Arlo’s new girlfriend and her snooty intellectual parents who also live in the building. Thelma pretends to be her maid and tries to feed Maddie information for her conversations. Fraks picks up Professor Danniker, Maddie’s date, but he ends up getting drunk in the limo so Frank takes his place. The evening is a disaster and Arlo proclaims that he is proud to have people in his life that would go to such lengths to help him impress a girl.
First aired: February 26, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Kirstie TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

christine March 1, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Show is awful. Can’t believe that they cancelled Happily Divorced but keep this awful show on. The only time I have watched it is when a decent star is on like Jason Alexander or Kirsten Johnson from the the Execs otherwise the show is just horrid. Please get her off the air.

Helen February 28, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Worst show ever. Michael Richards over acting. Just a waste of time.

Pam February 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm

It’s just a funny, goofy, entertaining show. I love the cast and I would like to see it continue.

may1 February 27, 2014 at 8:52 am

I can not imagine why this show is still on. I have never seen so much promotion to get interest. The writing is predictable and just lame and the story line is just not interesting. Kirstie is not a likable character – on or off the screen. It is sad to see other talented actors going down with it all. Really need to pull the plug. This network enjoys higher ratings with reruns of well done programs more than they ever will experience with first run of this series – basically not worth the money, effort and time. Expect better of this network – they have developed other shows worth watching. This is not one of them. Do us all a favor, cut your losses and promote the outstanding sitcoms you already have with the same enthusiasm. – Thanks

Jonathan Kahn February 27, 2014 at 3:41 am

Hollywood is not easy for 99.9% of the people who try very hard to make a living at it. I too miss the ‘good old funny shows’ of days gone by…but sorry to say this show should go away. It’s sad to see Kirstie so out of shape….since she has a diet company in her own name.

Anonymous February 26, 2014 at 6:05 pm

This is growing on me, give it time. No worse than Two broke girls and what series are we up to with that now?

KELLY February 22, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I sincerely hope they cancel this show. I love Kirstie bu the writing on this how really sucks and I find it kind of insultsa my intelligents? PLEASE TAKE IT OFF THE AIR

JJ Jones February 21, 2014 at 5:33 am

I hope it goes on, they have a great cast with chemistry, and each episode the characters have grown and they moved the story along and didn’t dwell on one thing or another, and there have been some really great LOL moments for me, I think given a chance it will get better. Just like Happily Divorced, it was really funny, and I SO enjoyed it and they were moving on and the show was going somewhere, then they pulled it off the air, which I hated, and gave us The Ex’s which still hasn’t grown on me. ,….

maria February 16, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Terrible show that weekly hits new lows in most ways. Does not compare to the other sitcoms Tvland has developed. Lame acting and even more lame storylines.

Jenny February 17, 2014 at 6:04 am

It takes several months, sometimes over a year, for characters to develop on a good sitcom. All in The Family and Seinfeld took a while to get a “following”. They are now classics. I am not comparing Kirstie to these two shows, don’t get me wrong. But, if you like Kirstie Alley, you should give the show a chance to develop. If you don’t like her, why are you watching it? Just to criticize?

Jenny February 16, 2014 at 8:52 am

I just watched the first few episodes and wish everyone would give Kirstie a chance. Also, anyone that does not like the show because Kirstie is not pencil thin needs to take a look at themselves. Don’t base your opinion of someone on the size of their clothes. That is just as bigoted as judging someone based on the color of their skin.

Mike February 15, 2014 at 2:48 pm

The most amusing thing about “Kirstie” is the camera, directing and wardrobe tricks the show uses to try and make her not look like a cow. Of course none of the tricks work and she still looks like a whale. So they just photoshop all her publicity photos, like the one above…Alley hasnt looked that thin in decades–LOL!! Maybe if the “Kirstie” producers hired Lucasfilm’s Industrial Light and Magic to do all kinds of effects to the “Kirstie” show that would make Alley look thin, like in the photo above. Nah, probably not. Alley’s probably too big for even Lucasfilm to fix….LOL!!

Melissa Cartwright February 24, 2014 at 6:59 pm

This is so mean-spirited. Go take a good long look of yourself in the mirror and tell me you find everything 100% perfect. If you don’t like the show, fine don’t watch. Talking about anybody like that, there is nothing to LOL about.

kelly February 24, 2014 at 8:42 pm

three words THE SHOW REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!! OOPS 4 WORDS

SupernaturalAholic February 11, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Must admit I have not yet watched an episode of Kirstie. I am a fan of hers and I agree with someone who said the older shows that don’t cater to the little teeny boppers are the best shows. I can’t get past Michael Richards though. I know it has been a while and a lot of people seemed to have brushed under the rug that little rant he flew off with, calling some people who had paid their money to see him, the “N” word! Don’t know how that was necessary. Can’t bring myself to give the show a chance because all I see is how those former fans of his must have felt when he decided they needed to be abused and demeaned and encouraged the rest of the crowd to join in with him as if to say there was something comical about their skin color or his use of such a deeply burning weapon as that word. Yes it still hurts.

Cliff roberson February 9, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Drop it. Like its name sake, both blow!

Bonnieselvitella February 2, 2014 at 1:39 am

Kirstie Alleys show is the worst ever. I love Everbody loves Raymond,The Golden Girls,The Exes, King of Queens, There are so many great older TV Sitcoms. Replace her with something entertaining.

GrammieB February 6, 2014 at 7:22 pm

at first we were a bit curious about the show, but we REALLY LOVE IT! Different guest stars we ALL love, AND Kirstie & cast gets funnier every week. Love tongue in cheek, innuendo!

Missy January 20, 2014 at 3:41 am

All you complainers quit whining and change the channel. Let those of us who enjoy it do so without your negativity. Especially those ranting about getting rid of the old time sit com actors. They are the best part of it. Love seeing all those names that made comedies great years ago. They are much better comedic actors with the best timing. They learned from experience. And do they just give all those Emmys away to the worst actors? Tell me should we all listen to you and believe that Bob Newhart and Betty White are no longer relevant? I miss the good old fashioned sit com and am so grateful to USA for bringing them back. Please give Kirstie a chance! I love the new show. And I love The Exes and of course Hot in Cleveland is the BEST! Don’t ever cancel!!