Kirstie

Kirstie TV show on TV Land: canceled or renewed?Network: TV Land
Episodes: 12 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: December 4, 2013 — February 26, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Kirstie Alley, Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards, and Eric Petersen.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Tony-winning diva Madison Banks (Kirstie Alley). She’s enjoyed years of unbridled hedonism, drinking and sleeping her way up and down Broadway.

Her life takes a surprising turn when she meets up with Arlo Barth (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption 26 years earlier. Maddie has played countless roles on stage, but now she has to play the one part she’s not prepared to take on — a mother.

With the help and encouragement of her long-suffering assistant and best friend Thelma Katz (Rhea Pearlman) and her eccentric chauffeur Frank Baxter (Michael Richards), Maddie realizes that Arlo is a diamond in the rough and invites him to move into her swanky New York City apartment.
space

Series Finale

Episode #12 — The Dinner Party
Maddie hosts a dinner party for Arlo’s new girlfriend and her snooty intellectual parents who also live in the building. Thelma pretends to be her maid and tries to feed Maddie information for her conversations. Fraks picks up Professor Danniker, Maddie’s date, but he ends up getting drunk in the limo so Frank takes his place. The evening is a disaster and Arlo proclaims that he is proud to have people in his life that would go to such lengths to help him impress a girl.
First aired: February 26, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Kirstie TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Susan Jaffrey May 27, 2014 at 11:41 am

Desperate show…ridiculous.

bernie May 26, 2014 at 9:19 pm

i think it started out very badly but picked up speed later on it should come back and let the writers get ack upon their feet,i love kirstie she is funny in real life and on stage, she is one of the all timke greats people, let her re new and let us glow in her flory
reach me at ilysfrie@aol.com title your e mail let’s talk sitcoms

Linda May 31, 2014 at 9:40 am

The show is great. I was looking forward to watching it this week and very disappointed when it was replaced by another program. The show is refreshing and the cast works perfect with each other and there is always a good laugh or two. ( I don’t find too many sitcoms funny enough to lol). I especially love the decor. It suits Kristie’s character. I also admire Kristie for never giving up. I hope it is renewed.

Debbie May 25, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I love the show its better then the soul man where the prechers wife looks like hooker

Deb May 24, 2014 at 11:47 am

Hey…..at least it’s a different story line. Would like to see another season.

McKinnon May 24, 2014 at 9:47 am

Though it took a few episodes, the show turned out to be something I looked forward to. Too many shows are pulled within a few first showings, I don’t feel is fair to the time and effort put in by the actors, producers and staff. I would like to see TVLand give it a go and not canceled Kirstie for now.

kelly May 22, 2014 at 8:36 pm

I DESPISE THIS SHOW AND IT’S WASTING AIR TIME FOR MY REAL FAVORITE SHOWS. please GET RID OF IT!

Lea Leto May 19, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I watched every episode in the first season of Kirstie.I enjoyed somuch she Is about my age n I think she is great.Everyone else in the cast was absolutely on point and funny.Not to fond of Christin Kenilworth she over does it a bit maybe thats meant to be her persona in the show just my opinion.So wishin n hopin they renew Kirstie on TvLand for another season.It was a fun to watch n I talked about to some friends n they watched n loved it as well.

Mimi May 19, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Used to really like Kirstie Alley on Cheers – but the show “Kirstie” NOT! It is silly to the point of stupid and irritating/annoying – tried to watch a couple of episodes and changed the channel. I think Alley’s days are over – move on. I agree Richards is replaying his Kramer character – over that too. Please do not renew this show!

Tom Stern May 19, 2014 at 7:48 am

I’ve tried watching this show a few times but Kirstie Alley is so annoying in every scene she’s in the rest of the cast can’t make up for it. Because of Alley I have not been able to sit through a single show.

tom May 19, 2014 at 11:28 am

I feel almost the same way, but Nicolas Cage’s son makes it tolerable for me.

jenny whitley May 11, 2014 at 1:05 am

Really enjoy the Kirstie show. Hope it is renewed. Love Kirstie but would love to see her lose a little weight. She does seem to be uncomfortable with herself again.

wendymaddy May 10, 2014 at 6:33 pm

really enjoying this show, miss it and hope it returns shortly. kirstie has rejoined jenny craig, as have i, using her special discount offer for returnees, so that’s solved. i would like to see her sidekick’s wisecracks meatier, and have the male chef who was so gorgeous and muscular figure in the story line. i’d also like to see the son join jenny craig or a fitness club to get his extra pounds off, and hear him sing, as he was supposedly an opera singer, but so far all he’s been allowed to do is sing averagely and be told he’s not good enough by a talent agent. he’s cute but nerdy, needs to be sharper looking and more stylish, or become so, and develop some interesting friends. get the double chin removed surgically if necessary. the plots are hilarious, loved john travolta’s appearances, think he could be an ongoing story line, just continuing his infatuation with her and interference with her real or passing love interests. the pace is just right, michael is terrifically funny, and the wardrobe mistress role can be more quixotically written with more gag lines, so she can shine the way she did in cheers. a guest appearance by her old boss at cheers would be an interesting twist, especially if he is a sports team owner who bumps into her at the opera or on broadway as a potential suitor , as would frasier as a potential love interest when she sees a shrink about something or other. kathy najimi or the gal who starred in my big fat greek wedding and her husband are very funny types for best friends or neighbors next door on the other side, or old cronies from broadway. or he could be a writer, hired to do a sitcom on tv for her pilot. lots of guest stars that really shine would be neat. the guy from tool time could show up to fix something in her apartment. tons of cameos to keep it interesting. kirtie’s costarred with a lot of cool people. bring them on! i would love to see them all! lots of talent to plumb. maybe have her mother be played by linda lavin or polly, the other waitress. they’re both still actively acting. there are a lot of people who could be on that show. kirstie’s hair is still gorgeous and she is still glamorous. now that she is getting her figure back under control, she will be more effective and funny than ever! if it’s true that the crazy ones was cancelled, hope it is not true, get robin williams on kirstie’s show too as an occasional quirky neighbor. that shouldn’t be too much of a stretch. maybe he could be her superstitious and phobic agent or a particularly eccentric decorator.

Tom Frank May 10, 2014 at 8:36 pm

And once we’re having bizarre cameos, why not have king kong climb up the side of the building, see her through the window, grab her and climb to the top of the empire state building with her, where frodo will be waiting with the one ring to propose to her.

Joyce M. May 8, 2014 at 1:10 am

Best show on TVLand. I can’t believe HIC got renewed already for another season and there is no word yet on this show. Kirstie is new and refreshing. Eric Petersen is a very talented actor and singer. For everybody leaving bad comments, if you don’t like it change the channel and stop being such haters.

Lisa May 2, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Hope there’s a season 2. Maybe with Maksim and Val Chmerokvskiy or Jonathan Knight.

kathy steen May 1, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I love the Kristie show I hope you do another season.

tom frank May 1, 2014 at 7:34 am

Kramer, oh… I mean Michael Richards seemed just like an older, slightly more mature Kramer. Can’t he do another character? Costanza did a great job as a different character.