Last Man Standing: Season Two Ratings

last man standing season two ratingsLast season, Last Man Standing didn’t get great ratings and could have been cancelled. ABC renewed it instead. Will the numbers get better or worse this season — especially now that it’s moved to Friday nights? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a “guy’s guy” who lives with his wife and three daughters, Last Man Standing typically airs Friday nights on the ABC network. The cast includes Allen, Nancy Travis, Hector Elizondo, Kaitlyn Dever, Molly Ephraim, and Amanda Fuller.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Last Man Standing is going to be cancelled or renewed for a third season.

UPDATE: ABC has renewed this show for a third season for 2013-14.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.93 million total viewers.

Episode 02-18: Friday, 03/22/13 (finale)
1.6 in the demo (+14% change) with 7.84 million (+22% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.93 million.

Episode 02-17: Friday, 03/15/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.43 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 6.88 million.

Episode 02-16: Friday, 03/08/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 6.96 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.91 million.

Episode 02-15: Friday, 03/01/13
1.5 in the demo (+15% change) with 7.05 million (+17% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.90 million.

Episode 02-14: Friday, 02/22/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.04 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.89 million.

Episode 02-13: Friday, 02/15/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.74 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 6.96 million.

Episode 02-12: Friday, 02/08/13
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 7.29 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.51 in the demo with 6.98 million.

Episode 02-11: Friday, 02/01/13
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 6.92 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.51 in the demo with 6.95 million.

Episode 02-10: Friday, 01/18/13
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 6.62 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 6.95 million.

Episode 02-09: Friday, 01/11/13
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 6.89 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 6.99 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-08: Friday, 01/04/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.63 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.55 in the demo with 7.00 million.

Episode 02-07: Friday, 12/14/12
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 6.81 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 7.06 million.

Episode 02-06: Friday, 12/07/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 6.54 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.58 in the demo with 7.10 million.

Episode 02-05: Friday, 11/30/12
1.6 in the demo (+14% change) with 6.72 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 7.21 million.

Episode 02-04: Friday, 11/23/12
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 6.68 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 7.33 million.

Episode 02-03: Friday, 11/16/12
1.4 in the demo (-13% change) with 7.13 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.67 in the demo with 7.55 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 02-02: Friday, 11/09/12
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 7.44 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 7.76 million.

Episode 02-01: Friday, 11/02/12
2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.07 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 8.07 million.

Compared to the series premiere last year, the show was down by 43% in the demo (vs a 3.5 rating) and down by 37% in viewership (vs. 12.9 million). It was however Last Man Standing’s best performance since the end of February.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 8.61 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Last Man Standing TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Anonymous January 4, 2013 at 8:31 pm

The political references are extremely annoying. I will definitely stop watching. I liked the show last season…This season blows.

annoyed December 19, 2012 at 5:38 am

what is with all the Obama bashing??? He is a great president as far as I’m concerned. What, you want another Bush??? and I’m Canadian – so also, what is with the Canada mockery? this is not what I want to watch for a laugh. It is awkward and not funny. Also, the episode about the new “black” family moving into the neighborhood was SOOOO out of touch. I’m sorry, but this is 2012. I live in Vancouver, and I am proud to say that no matter who you are, your differences would not be noticed in my neighborhood. And really, that’s how it should be everywhere shouldn’t it? Come on Tim, and writers of the show, get with the times, and also respect other people’s opinions. TV is for escape, not propaganda, jeesh.

Terry December 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm

New daughter is terrible. I do not like the direction the writers have steered the show this season. Season one was great (IMO). Season two will get the series canceled. The left leaning writers have taken over a good show. I watch TV to escape the realities of life and reality TV. Tim – if the network execs allow it – Revert back to the first season daughter and writers, before a once good show gets dumped.

dsmith November 28, 2012 at 11:35 am

Quick call Norman Lear. These new writers are stealing ideas from “All in the Family”. Tim Allen becomes conservative Archie Bunker with new Liberal daughter as Gloria with Meathead in tow for Tim to battle with. What’s next the Jeffersons next door. Wait the next episode has a black family moving into an all white neighborhood. It is the Jeffersons!

Anonymous December 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I couldn’t agree with dsmith more!

I was wondering why the baby-daddy is getting so much on screen time. He is not a great actor, more of an annoyance. Thinking of him as Meathead makes so much sense. On the other hand, the middle daughter annoyed me last season, but she is growing on me.

Isaura November 28, 2012 at 2:01 am

wow, I agree with everyone here. The first season was funny, this season stinks. If it is true that they changed writers they should get rid of the current writers and bring back the old ones. At least they made the show funny. The recasting sucks. What, they couldn’t find another actress that at least looked a bit like the old one? It’s been done before. The show is not funny anymore. Too bad.

Jerry November 18, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Is there honestly anyone who likes the new girl?????? She is the reason that i do not like season 2 please bring back the other daughter the new one is shit

Noyfb December 1, 2012 at 1:26 am

Last season was great, now the show blows, the new eldest sister sucks and the direction of her character is wrong, bring back the Alexandra actresses, and original writers . Love how execs always ruin shows because “execs know best”, out of touch people who think they know what viewers need, and then ruin the show into cacelation.

What networks need to do is get rid of the Neilson Ratings archaic way of deciding ratings, and work with cable/satellite companies and the boxes they have to let real customers opt in or out to show you what they’re watching, and get a discount for their info. Neilson sucks and is outdated in how they collect data, 20 k Neilson families decide for a minimal of 150 million viewers is wrong.

samuel November 17, 2012 at 10:33 pm

This Show Is Awful ABC Should Do Us A Favor And Bury This Show So We Never Have To See This Crap Again

Pat November 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I still love it. Unlike most people, I can easily look past the “political preaching” and take it as the characters role, and created a legitimate message of having to think for yourself and vote, even if it might not be what other people want. I think it’s a funny show, and refreshing from most of the has to be violent/ overly sexy everything else on (don’t get me wrong.. I like those too)

I do agree the cast change sucks though.

Davers November 15, 2012 at 11:24 am

Political change in the dad annoyed me. I thought maybe one episode, but nope, in second one as well. I’m done with it.

Bert November 15, 2012 at 7:13 am

Awful first two episodes! Amanda Fuller(Kristin 2.0) can’t act and is as fugly as they come. The baby-daddy steals time from the rest as is AF. Boyd I couldn’t care less. As for the political stuff, as a European dude I hate it when it’s too much! I mean the whole first episode of the new season! The ratings will really drop after episode three.

Susan November 8, 2012 at 9:57 pm

It was one of my favorite shows last season, but after watching the premier I’ve deleted it from my DVR. The recast Kristin is horrible and the whole episode was preachy. It just just plain wasn’t funny. Not worth my time when there are better things on. Too bad.

Gary November 6, 2012 at 9:51 am

How often can you show dad as a jackass, and the smart one in the family is the daughter with the illegitimate child, no ambition, a dolt for a love partner, and living with mom and dad because she can’t be responsible for her own life? Goodbye to this show.

craig November 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I was a big fan of the show. I really enjoyed every aspect and character. Finally, it was coming back with a new season. Then there was the last Friday night opening episode. It was beyond awful. It stunk up the screen. I finally changed off to another channel. Really???? I’ve been sick of politics for the last year and half and you think I’m going to watch that crap as entertainment? I did for a little while, then I was gone……..Last Man will be LUCKY if it survives that launch bomb. One last chance for Last Man

Mandy November 5, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I HATE the new girl!!! Its not the same with a new girl, loved to watch this show last year and now it just isn’t the same.

Ryan November 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm

This WAS one of my favorite shows but watching the episode last Friday (ep 1 of season 2) was almost unbearable. The laugh track was totally out of place and cheesy and the girl who replaced Alexandra Krosney is HORRIBLE!! The whole “political” aspect was annoying and over the top.

The new writing, style and faces are definitely making the show worse (along with the new time, Friday? Really?), I don’t expect it (or that other show with “reba”, who wants to watch her?) so make it past this season (if they aren’t cancelled sooner).

Anonymous November 5, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I couldn’t agree more. Loved the show last year and could hardly make it thru the 30 minute episode last Friday. Doubt I’ll be back.

Anonymous November 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Totally agree! If I had wanted to hear more political advice I would unmute the 50 MILLION commercials that were on or listen to all the robocalls that were filling up my answering machine!!!
BTW, What happened to the girl that played the oldest daughter? I really liked her. Now they have some chick on who is about as funny as a wet noodle. Sorry Tim, but I gotta bail on this show!