Last Man Standing: Season Two Ratings

last man standing season two ratingsLast season, Last Man Standing didn’t get great ratings and could have been cancelled. ABC renewed it instead. Will the numbers get better or worse this season — especially now that it’s moved to Friday nights? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a “guy’s guy” who lives with his wife and three daughters, Last Man Standing typically airs Friday nights on the ABC network. The cast includes Allen, Nancy Travis, Hector Elizondo, Kaitlyn Dever, Molly Ephraim, and Amanda Fuller.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Last Man Standing is going to be cancelled or renewed for a third season.

UPDATE: ABC has renewed this show for a third season for 2013-14.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.93 million total viewers.

Episode 02-18: Friday, 03/22/13 (finale)
1.6 in the demo (+14% change) with 7.84 million (+22% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.93 million.

Episode 02-17: Friday, 03/15/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.43 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 6.88 million.

Episode 02-16: Friday, 03/08/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 6.96 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.91 million.

Episode 02-15: Friday, 03/01/13
1.5 in the demo (+15% change) with 7.05 million (+17% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.90 million.

Episode 02-14: Friday, 02/22/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.04 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.49 in the demo with 6.89 million.

Episode 02-13: Friday, 02/15/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.74 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 6.96 million.

Episode 02-12: Friday, 02/08/13
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 7.29 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.51 in the demo with 6.98 million.

Episode 02-11: Friday, 02/01/13
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 6.92 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.51 in the demo with 6.95 million.

Episode 02-10: Friday, 01/18/13
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 6.62 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 6.95 million.

Episode 02-09: Friday, 01/11/13
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 6.89 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 6.99 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-08: Friday, 01/04/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 6.63 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.55 in the demo with 7.00 million.

Episode 02-07: Friday, 12/14/12
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 6.81 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 7.06 million.

Episode 02-06: Friday, 12/07/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 6.54 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.58 in the demo with 7.10 million.

Episode 02-05: Friday, 11/30/12
1.6 in the demo (+14% change) with 6.72 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 7.21 million.

Episode 02-04: Friday, 11/23/12
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 6.68 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 7.33 million.

Episode 02-03: Friday, 11/16/12
1.4 in the demo (-13% change) with 7.13 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.67 in the demo with 7.55 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 02-02: Friday, 11/09/12
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 7.44 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 7.76 million.

Episode 02-01: Friday, 11/02/12
2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.07 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 8.07 million.

Compared to the series premiere last year, the show was down by 43% in the demo (vs a 3.5 rating) and down by 37% in viewership (vs. 12.9 million). It was however Last Man Standing’s best performance since the end of February.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 8.61 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Last Man Standing TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Fred April 26, 2013 at 3:47 pm

My wife and I really enjoyed the first season. Season 2 changes spoiled a good thing so, we moved on. It is a simple rule, ‘don’t fix what is not broke’.

Bonnie April 25, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Please, Please keep Last Man Standing!! Love this show and so does my family!!! Finally a sitcom show my husband can relate too!!!

brian April 22, 2013 at 7:10 am

This is one of the only great family oriented shows out there now a days so I sure do hope they wouldnt cancel it. Tim Allen is great as well as the whole cast. Keep them coming. Go Tim!!! Huge fan dating back to Home improvement which I still watch. See you next year!

Sua Mead April 20, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Last Man Standing is a GREAT show! It is so nice to see Tim Allen back on television. This is a funny, family show. I hope they bring it back for another season!!

Anonymous April 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Love this show keep it going

frank April 18, 2013 at 9:03 pm

this is one of the best show to come along in some time love it Tim is great i hope it stays on the air a long time everybody i know watches it and love it i don’t no how it could get low ratings i think its the network.

Rick Adams April 18, 2013 at 11:24 am

Just like all the other comments before, my wife and I enjoy watching a good clean wholesome tv show that has a common ground with everyday people and can still bring laughter without being vulgar.

Mimi April 17, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Please keep this clever show on…. My husband and I look forward to Friday night… Light hearted episodes would be good. Love the characters… Can’t go wrong with Tim Allen !

Nefretiri April 16, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I was surprised to hear this show is not doing well in the ratings when everyone I know loves it. I hope it stays on for many years since there are only 3 sitcoms I feel are worth watching.

Teresa April 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm

My husband and I have missed seeing it on Friday nights!! Do not want it cancelled :(

Tera April 11, 2013 at 7:14 am

I am shocked the ratings are low, everyone i know loves this show. It is one of the few shows I actually sit down to watch. I’m guessing since it wasn’t on last week it’s done? How sad they they cancel smart shows and thrive on moronic “reality” tv. If we dumb down televsion anymore there will be no hope.

Doug April 6, 2013 at 8:54 am

This is one of the few shows my wife & I look forward to seeing each week. We would hate to see this get canceled.

Jayne Raymond April 5, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Our family loves this show! We hate that it isn’t on Friday’s right now. It is the one show we have our DVR set to record every episode so we don’t miss any of them. We would miss it terribly if it wasn’t on. There needs to be more shows like this one. It is the first fun entertaining show I have seen in a long time! We are sick of all the reality shows! My brother turned us on to it and we wish he had even soone. Give others a chance to find it!

Dave April 5, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I Just found it this year and now like so many others I DVR it. I am looking forward to seeing the first year and hope you don’t cancel it. Great cast and great writing give it some time. Look at Seinfeld and Cheers maybe it will hit its stride in year three? It has the chops just needs better shows around it.

Mary Weber April 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Please do not cancel this show. It’s one of the only appropriate sitcoms that my whole family enjoys together.