Last Resort: Cast and Crew Film the Last Episode

As you probably already know, ABC has cancelled Last Resort. Though they plan to air the 13 episodes that they initially ordered, there won’t be any more after that.

Thankfully, Co-creators Shawn Ryan and Karl Gajdusek and the other writers got the word in time to give closure in the final episode. As Ryan recently tweeted, “We are giving series definitive end.”

As we head into the holidays, Last Resort’s cast and crew are wrapping up filming the last episode. Here are some of their thoughts on saying goodbye:

Karl Gajdusek (co-creator): “Shooting the last episode. #lastresort” and included the photo above.

Two days later, he wrote, “I would tweet pics from the set today, but it would give the whole thing away. So sadly, ambiguous tweets only. #LastResort”

Jessy Schram (Christine Kendal): “My last day playing this lady. I’ll miss her. #lastresort_abc” She included the photo at right and Robert Patrick retweeted it.

Autumn Reeser (Kylie Sinclair): “Just wrapped two 15-hour days in a row shooting the intense finale for #LastResort and tomorrow is my last day on set… :(” And yesterday, she tweeted, “Goodbye, Hawaii!! xoxo”

Daisy Betts (Lieutenant Grace Shepard): “About to shoot the final minutes of #LastResort finale. What an epic journey it has been. Feeling every moment all over again :)”

Tyler Tuione (Chief): Responding to a fan, he wrote, “Thank u! You’ll see me again. However, as it is now, just not as #Chief :-( Enjoyed every second.”

Daniel Lissing (James King) : Confirmed that he was done and wrote, “Thanks @ABC_Publicity @LastResort_ABC @ShawnRyanTV @KarlGajdusek @LastResortOnABC I loved being James King!”

What do you think? What are you hoping will happen in the last episode?

steve December 20, 2012 at 8:10 pm

you know when you have checked through 337 channels of crap and you find a show you like and start gettin into it,actually looking forward to it they freakin cancel it..they say it was up against tough competition,,,well then put it on another day and or time slot..all the garbage thats out there,this was a breath of fresh air….just remember YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

overABC December 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Great show, lame network. Strong cast, solid writing – what could go wrong? Oh, yeah – it’s on network TV. ABC has an uncanny ability to screw up, and here’s another example.

Tyrone love it December 18, 2012 at 1:38 am

This show is awesome lets lobby to keep it going if fans got the game back on tv and it sucks lets do the same.please please

Devo December 18, 2012 at 12:35 am

Lwt’s see the canceled this show, The Event, Alkatraz, Sarah Conner, CSI Miami boy these bozos sure know how to screw up televion

Caitlin December 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm

It’s a shame this show has been cancelled. It is one of the only good shows currently on TV. The creators should try to get the show picked up by USA or FX – networks who’s viewers enjoy more intellectual stimulation than the ABC viewers watching Gray’s or The Bachelor. Even if the series was finished out (instead of an abrupt one season ending) and sold on DVD without being aired I, and I’m sure many of the other 9million+ viewers, would buy the entire series.

JLop December 15, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Great Show, and sad to see it go considering the great potential it has. Who knows… this may be another show that comes back from the dead like Fam Guy.

TVas December 14, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I can’t believe they’re cancelling this show!! I love the plot/cast. This is ridiculous. I guess IQ-lowering shows like Jersey Shore get 5+ seasons, while great shows like Last Resort are cancelled within the 1st season….smh, WTH?!

MCON December 16, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Its a repeating story over and over – the mindless junk served up by ABC and shows like this one hacked at the knees – I have removed ABC from my tv lineup after this making the 5th cancelation

Buddy Glenn December 12, 2012 at 10:52 pm

This show could have wrapped up its current storyline in one season. Then the next season, there would be a new adventure for the crew. What a waste of a quality show. ABC should have shown some love when it started out low in the ratings and quickly move it somewhere else. Give Last Resort a fighting chance to find viewers. The Big Bang fans may have liked this show.

Dave December 12, 2012 at 5:09 am

WTF are you talking about Jay? All you could ponder on this show is underwater military tactics?

Kevin December 11, 2012 at 10:53 pm

ABC is stupid to have cancelled such a good show… What a waste. Meanwhile we are stuck with more reality crap.

deidra December 11, 2012 at 9:25 pm

i loved this show, it was a refreshing change of pace from the regular tv grind, so of course, it had to be cancelled :(

Jay December 11, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I wanted to like this show, but I realized five or six episodes in I really didn’t know what it was about. The hardest thing was comprehending the various underwater military actions and putting them in some kind of context besides “because we say so.” But I always have a problem with military stories.

Such good actors. Scott Speedman and Andre Braugher in one program, in which the dramatic action requires them to be scene partners a lot–how could it go wrong? Can’t Tom Fontana and Barry Levinson find something for these guys? And Autumn Reeser, too?

Kat December 12, 2012 at 9:31 am

Eh, I didn’t have any trouble with the “because we said so” context… after all, they’re supposed to be professional submariners and we’re just laymen. Just like I have to “just go with it” on medical shows when I don’t understand the context or jargon beyond “because we said so.”

I agree that Autumn Reeser, Scott Speedman, and Andre Braugher deserve to find something else; I’d add Dichen Lachman to that list, too.

Jason December 11, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I hope Daisy Betts lands in one of the 2013 pilot projects.

Why Watch December 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Really enjoyed this show and wish it had run longer. Taking current events and giving it a twist. But at least it will be given some closure. Hopefully the ending will live up to the rest of the show.

copshowfan December 11, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I’m sure the plot will be revealed.

Good show, would have been good for one 22 episode order, but given it’s mini-series style, going on for a 2nd season would have been weird.