Last Resort: Cast and Crew Film the Last Episode

As you probably already know, ABC has cancelled Last Resort. Though they plan to air the 13 episodes that they initially ordered, there won’t be any more after that.

Thankfully, Co-creators Shawn Ryan and Karl Gajdusek and the other writers got the word in time to give closure in the final episode. As Ryan recently tweeted, “We are giving series definitive end.”

As we head into the holidays, Last Resort’s cast and crew are wrapping up filming the last episode. Here are some of their thoughts on saying goodbye:

Karl Gajdusek (co-creator): “Shooting the last episode. #lastresort” and included the photo above.

Two days later, he wrote, “I would tweet pics from the set today, but it would give the whole thing away. So sadly, ambiguous tweets only. #LastResort”

Jessy Schram (Christine Kendal): “My last day playing this lady. I’ll miss her. #lastresort_abc” She included the photo at right and Robert Patrick retweeted it.

Autumn Reeser (Kylie Sinclair): “Just wrapped two 15-hour days in a row shooting the intense finale for #LastResort and tomorrow is my last day on set… :(” And yesterday, she tweeted, “Goodbye, Hawaii!! xoxo”

Daisy Betts (Lieutenant Grace Shepard): “About to shoot the final minutes of #LastResort finale. What an epic journey it has been. Feeling every moment all over again :)”

Tyler Tuione (Chief): Responding to a fan, he wrote, “Thank u! You’ll see me again. However, as it is now, just not as #Chief :-( Enjoyed every second.”

Daniel Lissing (James King) : Confirmed that he was done and wrote, “Thanks @ABC_Publicity @LastResort_ABC @ShawnRyanTV @KarlGajdusek @LastResortOnABC I loved being James King!”

What do you think? What are you hoping will happen in the last episode?

Georgia January 25, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Enjoyed the finale — they did the best they could for closure in 13 episodes. However, they should have given this show a chance and changed the time slot from 8 PM to a later time and perhaps a different day too. Loved this show. Will miss the show and the cast!

Angela Muse January 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I had no idea this show was not picked up until I watched the finale. Both my husband and myself really enjoyed Last Resort….it gripped us from the very first episode. The cast was amazing. I was so glad to see Scott Speedman back on t.v. It’s really a shame they didn’t let the show grow an audience. Every episode was action packed and we were always wondering what was going to happen next. Totally bummed I won’t get to see the Colorado in her glory anymore.

Sabator January 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Last Resort is and was a great TV series. Too bad the ratings were too low to keep it going. Great job by the writers to give it some sort of ending having lived too long with shows that just fizzled out at least this series had an ending. I would have liked a 14th episode to clear up the loose ends that are still there. I guess that is what imagination is for though.
Thanks to everyone involved I look forward to more works of this type.

Phil Hall January 25, 2013 at 9:56 am

I can’t believe this show was canx,I must be dreaming.

Leesa January 25, 2013 at 9:21 am

Why did they have to cancel this?? I loved this show. Every episode was awesome!! The cast was phenomonal!!!

You Suck ABC, for killing this show.

BTW, loved the last episode. Thanks writers for giving us some closure.

Jonathan January 25, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Agree with you Leesa, ABC really does Suck out loud.

This is one of the best show in a long time, poor b*stards had to can it.

The finale was packed, but most well done. Unlike most of others, they just drag on like a dead horse.

Anonymous January 25, 2013 at 5:40 am

One of two shows that I watch on ABC and they decide to cancel it!!! WOW!! Being in the U.S. Navy I thought the show was great and was actually looking forward to next season before I saw the last episode. This show had the could’ve been great like the only other show I watch on ABC, Scandal!!!

Paul Kiler January 25, 2013 at 2:58 am

Cancelled because of what exactly?

Competition between brainless / spineless reality Survivor stupidity on an island somewhere? At least Last Resort was more “Star Trek” toned in dealing with issues of selflessness and global conflict than showcasing ruinous selfishness and stupidity of Survivor. But then Star Trek Only lasted three seasons too, due to shortsightedness as well.

OK, I just looked through the entire ABC lineup, and found zero shows that interest me besides “Last Resort”. “Last Resort”, was indeed the last resort for my intentions for paying any attention at all to ABC. Bye Bye ABC… Remember what school children say about ABC Gum? – “Already Been Chewed”.

Leesa January 25, 2013 at 9:23 am

I completely agree Paul. This was a terrific show.

stu January 25, 2013 at 1:15 am

Well my favorite show since 24 and now it’s gone. What a great cast this show had. To bad it was an ABC show they sacraficed it from the start.

Anonymous January 25, 2013 at 12:54 am

Unbelieveable. This was a great show.

james January 25, 2013 at 12:39 am

I really like this show !!!!!!!
It was the only one that i really watched and enjoyed on ABC
The characters and the plot were great and makes you
Wonder if this could happen…..we were actually having
discussion at work about how great this show was !!!!!!
VERY DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!
To the Colorado …you will be missed !!!!!!
I SALUTE YOU !!

To ABC station …you won’t be.MISSED….turning off my tv away
ABC…..

Steve S January 25, 2013 at 12:31 am

This had the potential of NCIS and you killed it :-(

Brenda Duarte January 25, 2013 at 12:18 am

It’s the only show on ABC I’ve watched in 10 years, typical ABC BS!! Thats why I stick to only CBS!!

Sharon Graves January 25, 2013 at 12:09 am

I can’t believe this show is cancelled. It was the best show out there.

Donnie Smith January 10, 2013 at 9:15 pm

What a shame…it’s the only ABC show we watch.

Anonymous December 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

dont cancel it hands down one of the best shows that are out there