Last Resort: Premiere Ratings

ABC Last Resort ratingsLast night, ABC unveiled their new high-profile TV series, Last Resort. Will it be a ratings smash or quickly sink into danger-of-cancellation territory?

The TV series takes place in the submarine Colorado when its officers are mysteriously ordered to destroy Pakistan. Sensing that something isn’t right, they require confirmation and are subsequently fired upon and hunted. The cast of Last Resort includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Last Resort debuted to 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.08 million total viewers.

That was not exactly a positive start for the new series. It was a distant third in its timeslot in the demo and a close third in viewers — behind The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on CBS and The X Factor on FOX. This is a tough timeslot but Last Resort clearly didn’t rise to the challenge.

Last Resort TV show supportYear-to-year, the network was up slightly but that’s not all that encouraging when you consider ABC was airing the big bomb known as Charlie’s Angels.

What do you think? Were you watching Last Resort? Will you be watching next week?

Susan September 29, 2012 at 12:42 am

I thought it was a really good show – entertaining, exciting and mysterious. I’ll definitely be watching to see what happens next. But why put a new show up against competition from established programs with huge followers? Change the week night and time slot – please! Give it a chance!

Wil September 28, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Enjoyed the heck out of the first episode and can’t wait for the next. Horrible time slot.

OscarWild September 28, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Good Start and does deserve a strong GO For It !!!! this really could happen to us all !!!

OW

whitney Wasser September 28, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Love LoVeD LOVED Last Resort

Brandon Xavier September 28, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I watched the premiere episode and was pleasantly surprised. It had an interesting plotline and a LOT of diverse groups (I counted at least 6) of characters. It could be a lot of fun to see how the relationships between those groups develop and play out.

Having said that, it has zero chance of lasting in the Timeslot o’ Doom. If ABC can find a less competitive slot where it can grow and develop a following then I think it could have a pretty good run.

Val September 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I found “Last Resort” to be a very entertaining show with the storyline, writing, acting, filming and directing. Nothing seems to survive in that timeslot though, which I suspect is because of Greys being on at the same time. I think it is worth the chance and I hope to see more episodes in the future.

Don September 28, 2012 at 9:57 am

All the hype and commercials led you to believe of a nuclear war unfolding. Again, another predictable show will soon fail the ratings. Why can’t, for once, there be a show that actually has the damn war!?!?!

Nope…I won’t be watching after the first episode.