Last Resort: Season One Ratings

ABC TV series Last Resort ratingsWill Last Resort finally bring ABC great ratings in its timeslot or will it be cancelled — like last season’s Charlie’s Angels remake? We’ll have to wait and see.

The first season of Last Resort typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network. The cast includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Last Resort is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final series averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.26 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 01/24/13 (series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.48 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 6.26 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 01/17/13
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 6.33 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/10/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.81 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 6.44 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 12/13/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 4.94 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 6.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/06/12
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.44 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 6.68 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 11/29/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.20 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 6.83 million.

UPDATE: ABC has cancelled the series but all 13 episodes are expected to air.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/15/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 5.68 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 7.06 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-06: Thursday, 11/08/12
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 5.98 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 7.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 10/25/12
1.3 in the demo (-24% change) with 6.53 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.74 in the demo with 7.56 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered two additional scripts.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 10/18/12
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 7.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 7.81 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/11/12
1.6 in the demo (-16% change) with 6.89 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 8.07 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/04/12
1.9 in the demo (-14% change) with 8.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.05 in the demo with 8.66 million.

Last Resort TV show supportEpisode 01-01: Thursday, 09/27/12
2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.31 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.20 in the demo with 9.31 million.

Year-to-year, the network was up slightly but that’s not very encouraging when you consider ABC was airing the big bomb known as Charlie’s Angels. It was a distant third in its timeslot in the demo and a close third in viewers — behind The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on CBS and The X Factor on FOX. This is a tough timeslot but Last Resort clearly didn’t rise to the challenge.

What do you think? Do you like the Last Resort TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

robert October 13, 2012 at 8:23 pm

seriously!!!! if they cancel this show but two and a half men which sucks now get at least a new time slot.. this would suck since last resort complete a perfect thursday with greys!!!!!

Georgia October 13, 2012 at 10:11 am

This is a fabulous show! Please don;t cancel. It’s so aggrevating to hear it may be cancelled. I know the Nielsen system is what is used to determine ratings…but when will it be scrapped? With our technology, there has to be a better system.

Buddy Glenn October 13, 2012 at 1:34 am

It’s too bad ABC won’t find another time slot for the show. It could be different than the usual crime fare. Give it a fair chance before pulling the plug on a quality project.

Lily October 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm

LR is an amazing show, it’s different and fresh. It’s something tv NEEDS! I want to see where it goes, unlike shows like Revolution which have already been renewed and are just so awful it’s not even tolerable :(

Starchecker October 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm

No Kidding, Last Resort and Revolution were the two shows I was interested in this year. Revolution is AWFUL and I love Last Resort, but as we can see Revolution is doing great and LR is sinking. I wish they would move this to a better slot, it’s hard to compete against TBBT and Two and a Half Men. As sad a commentary on our society as that is.

South FL October 17, 2012 at 3:46 pm

At least Revolution is opening viewers up to watching some post apoc type of shows that usually get cancelled like Jericho.

Ron October 12, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Loved the show and all the contemrory and current action.Congradulations to ABC for being on target with this show. Maybe the time slot could be improved upon-its still a little early for adult viewers.Hope you give it a chance to tell its story.Please renew.

Austrian October 12, 2012 at 11:32 am

For me it’s the best TV Show (of this season). I hope it get’s renewed

Why Watch October 12, 2012 at 11:26 am

I enjoy this show and have watched this over Big Bang. good mix of land and sub action.

South FL October 17, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I have all the episodes recorded on my DVR but I knew before it even started it was likely to have bad following. I can’t stand watching a show for a season and then its cancelled.

john October 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm

renew

my issue October 11, 2012 at 12:15 pm

if they cancel this show, its just another one of these shows with long term potential that gets cancelled. eventually, we all will just wait til its on netflix, asb y then we know if a show is going to get renewed. obviously my one rating view means nothing.

lame.

Anonymous October 10, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Love this show!

Tyler October 9, 2012 at 11:54 am

Last resort just needs more advertisements! Get commercials during football games or during other big series like ncis. I almost never see this show advertised and they wonder why it’s doing so bad

tomstein October 8, 2012 at 1:27 pm

At last a good american series it should be given at least three series or sold to europe

Lisa October 8, 2012 at 8:37 am

I really love this show! I had the first 2 episodes recorded and finally had time to watch them over the weekend. I loved the first one so much, that I stayed up late to watch the 2nd one immediately afterward. I was surprised to find out that it may be canceled already. I am tired of investing time into shows that I really enjoy, only to have the cancelled immediately. This happens to me every season. Maybe the networks should give the shows more time to get momentum.

RW October 7, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Renew!!!

Dan October 7, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I liked it alot. Its one of the top 5 shows on my DVR. I’m guessing due to the ratings since thats all execs care about is this show won’t be renewed unless it gets a significant uptick.